Killington 2015?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Killington 2015?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 6:40 Quote
Anyone been to killington yet this year? Any new trail work?

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 10:38 Quote
Bump. Been thinking of going, not sure it's worth the trip.

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
Went up for the first time last month. Hard for me to say exactly what is new but Gravity Logic is there building all kinds of trails down on the snowshed lift. That stuff is fun and flowy with berms and jumps. The trails from the top of the mountain are all gnarly New England Singletrack. I will warn there is a little more pedaling up there than you'd want to do on a DH rig. But it's worth it.

Best part of killington is the size. The mountain is just huge and the lifts are so fast a full day here will definitely kick your butt. I absolutely loved it and it's well worth the trip.

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
xjohnx77 wrote:
Went up for the first time last month. Hard for me to say exactly what is new but Gravity Logic is there building all kinds of trails down on the snowshed lift. That stuff is fun and flowy with berms and jumps. The trails from the top of the mountain are all gnarly New England Singletrack. I will warn there is a little more pedaling up there than you'd want to do on a DH rig. But it's worth it.

Best part of killington is the size. The mountain is just huge and the lifts are so fast a full day here will definitely kick your butt. I absolutely loved it and it's well worth the trip.

Thanks for the update!

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 9:48 Quote
Way to much pedalling for what is there. They should have had gravity logic focus on the trails on the upper mountain.

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 11:30 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:
Way to much pedalling for what is there. They should have had gravity logic focus on the trails on the upper mountain.

They just opened a top to bottom jump trail "blue magic"

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 11:54 Quote
davr wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:

Blue magic starts at the top of the snowshed lift.

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 17:03 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:
davr wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:

Blue magic starts at the top of the snowshed lift.

Check their Gravity logic Facebook page they just posted a few days ago full top to bottom

https://m.facebook.com/gravitylogic?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgravitylogic

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
It stats at the top of the snowshed lift. that is there bunny hill with a whopping 575 feet of elevation drop. They need more trails like there DH course. Trails 30 32 33 and parts of 7, along with a few other trails on that side of the mountain arent to bad, but still way to pedally.

http://www.killington.com/site/mountain/trail_map/mountain_biking/S15_TrailMap_Bike_web.pdf

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 15:07 Quote
Killington just got like a 3erd bigger this summer, so stoked to see what Ramshead chairlift new advanced jump trails are going to look like next summer! Did a 4 day trip there in July and wasn't disappointed

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 7:46 Quote
I was up there two weeks ago and it was fun, I think being there more than one day is pushing it for me. The upper mountain offers a lot of fire roads and technical riding; plan it right to catch the lower half of blue magic, which is a fun trail to end out on, allows you to lay off the brakes and catch some easy air.

Their diamond/double diamond markings are a bit suspect versus other mountains, so don't feel like stuff will be super tech.

There is tons of potential if they start to rework some of the upper trails; ideally they will keep natural terrain since going the route of all "clay paved" trails is not ideal either, need to keep a good balance.

Luckily we got into the Grand pool and relaxed a bit, that was well worth it.

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 8:47 Quote
what I've been told phase 2 for 2016 is spin the Rams Head chairlift with new intermediate\advanced freestyle trails.

Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 19:27 Quote
Just there this weekend. Hope they don't mess with the upper trails at all. They're fine the way they are. Love that tech.

That said, the stuff on blue magic and lower rabbit hole is cool too.

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 3:30 Quote
cedarnclay wrote:
Just there this weekend. Hope they don't mess with the upper trails at all. They're fine the way they are. Love that tech.

That said, the stuff on blue magic and lower rabbit hole is cool too.

I kind of wish they would build some trails on the upper mountain, that headed more in the direction of down. instead of traversing back and forth. If im spending 50 bucks on a lift ticket. shouldnt have to pedal my dh bike across flat sections, or push uphill.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 11:41 Quote
Hey mfrdhracer and anyone else interested.

The trails on K1 will get realignments over time to dramatically reduce all flat or uphill sections. The trails will remain, raw and natural, don't expect to see any smooth flow trails there, just a lot less (hopefully zero) pedaling.
The next major push over the next few years will be to create an entire brand new zone on Ramshead which will have every type of trail at all difficulty levels designed and built. Snow shed will continue to focus on low end riders. K1 will continue to focus on raw "big mountain" style trails and Ramshead will carry the bulk of the trails, both raw natural trails and buttery smooth, flowy jump trails. Management there are committed to improving their product for the foreseeable future.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019136
Mobile Version of Website