Killington 2015?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Killington 2015?
Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
gldk wrote:
Hey mfrdhracer and anyone else interested.

The trails on K1 will get realignments over time to dramatically reduce all flat or uphill sections. The trails will remain, raw and natural, don't expect to see any smooth flow trails there, just a lot less (hopefully zero) pedaling.
The next major push over the next few years will be to create an entire brand new zone on Ramshead which will have every type of trail at all difficulty levels designed and built. Snow shed will continue to focus on low end riders. K1 will continue to focus on raw "big mountain" style trails and Ramshead will carry the bulk of the trails, both raw natural trails and buttery smooth, flowy jump trails. Management there are committed to improving their product for the foreseeable future.

Sounds promising. I live close by and only rode there once this year. So something deffinitly needs to change.

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:
cedarnclay wrote:
Just there this weekend. Hope they don't mess with the upper trails at all. They're fine the way they are. Love that tech.

That said, the stuff on blue magic and lower rabbit hole is cool too.

I kind of wish they would build some trails on the upper mountain, that headed more in the direction of down. instead of traversing back and forth. If im spending 50 bucks on a lift ticket. shouldnt have to pedal my dh bike across flat sections, or push uphill.

This.

Keeping the bike pointed down is always good. If the cool old stuff is mostly retained and hooked up with new "down" connectors, that'd rock the upper mt.

Also felt like I was out on road sections more than I expected.

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 13:50 Quote
Yeah I agree with others, keep the natural terrain, just make it go down a bit better... no need to blade everything, keep it raw and sloping downtup

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 14:37 Quote
gldk wrote:
Hey mfrdhracer and anyone else interested.

The trails on K1 will get realignments over time to dramatically reduce all flat or uphill sections. The trails will remain, raw and natural, don't expect to see any smooth flow trails there, just a lot less (hopefully zero) pedaling.
The next major push over the next few years will be to create an entire brand new zone on Ramshead which will have every type of trail at all difficulty levels designed and built. Snow shed will continue to focus on low end riders. K1 will continue to focus on raw "big mountain" style trails and Ramshead will carry the bulk of the trails, both raw natural trails and buttery smooth, flowy jump trails. Management there are committed to improving their product for the foreseeable future.
Cool. Makes sense. Great that you're getting new stuff buttered in for the guys liking that on the lower mt. while respecting the K1 trails for what makes them good naturally.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 20:19 Quote
At my last visit to Killington which coincidentally was "opening day" of the ski season we were told that they plan for next year was 4-5 new trails including an intermediate/expert jump trail in addition to the Blue Magic jump trail. Next season is going to be really good in New England with all the options to ride.

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 14:54 Quote
nyhc00 wrote:
At my last visit to Killington which coincidentally was "opening day" of the ski season we were told that they plan for next year was 4-5 new trails including an intermediate/expert jump trail in addition to the Blue Magic jump trail. Next season is going to be really good in New England with all the options to ride.
I heard almost 4 miles of new stuff for next year.

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 22:59 Quote
cedarnclay wrote:
nyhc00 wrote:
I heard almost 4 miles of new stuff for next year.

That would be awesome, they're getting my business either way but 4 miles of new trail makes it that much better.

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 1:51 Quote
Is Killington riding all downhill trails? Are thier any cross country trails there and if so about how many miles? Looking for xc riding but not lift assisted downhill. Thank You!

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 3:05 Quote
phsride wrote:
Is Killington riding all downhill trails? Are thier any cross country trails there and if so about how many miles? Looking for xc riding but not lift assisted downhill. Thank You!
There is plenty of xc riding in that area. Im not into that type of riding but green mountain trails is over that way along with PHP

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 6:01 Quote
mfrdhracer wrote:
phsride wrote:
There is plenty of xc riding in that area. Im not into that type of riding but green mountain trails is over that way along with PHP

Yeah, Pine Hill Park in Rutland is down the road and a total blast! A little more fun that your average xc riding. A good time for sure

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 18:29 Quote
Thank You for the replies! I'll research those areas and hope to get out there in the spring.

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
Searching the forum and not much action on Killington threads.... so just bumping this to the top. Going back this weekend, it's been two years since last visit and look forward to nice weather and new features.

Now that it is 2017, what's the scoop? Weather looks sunny, so I am sure dust will be around, so small price to pay.

Phase four of Killington's Mountain Bike Park expansion is in full swing as look forward to two new intermediate level trails being built on Ramshead.

Last summer we saw three new trails and one new lift in the Ramshead area, featuring an intermediate flow trail with plenty of bits and berms, an expert level jump trail with large features and big berms plus a pro-caliber downhill race trail that plunges down the Ramshead fall line offering a wide mix of terrain riders have come to expect from The Beast.

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
You picked the wrong weekend to go. Esc enduro race is going on. Most of k1 will be closed

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
haha, damn it. Our plans had changed due to schedules and then I thought I was fine, turns out I saw the 2016 schedule.

Well that really sucks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030525
Mobile Version of Website