Is the yeti sb66 really as good as they say.. Or just get a dh bike?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Is the yeti sb66 really as good as they say.. Or just get a dh bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 20:50 Quote
So I'm looking into getting a second AM bike that can pedal some good climbs but really rip the single tracks and some days handle the downhill park (4-5 foot drops and table top jumps etc).. I own a customed yeti asr5 and love it but I was wondering about the Sb66. Heard great things but also heard they don't last long after being rode aggressively? Lemme hear what you think and your experience. Should I just get a dh bike and pedal that around? Or what are some other AM bikes park oriented but can do some of it all?

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 22:38 Quote
If you already have an am bike, why get another? I have a Canfield balance, burly do it all bike but recently bought a dh bike as I've always fancied one. It's brilliant! So much fun to ride, faster, smoother, safer. I wouldn't be pedaling it around though, its for pushups or uplifts only.

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 8:57 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
If you already have an am bike, why get another? I have a Canfield balance, burly do it all bike but recently bought a dh bike as I've always fancied one. It's brilliant! So much fun to ride, faster, smoother, safer. I wouldn't be pedaling it around though, its for pushups or uplifts only.
wel i am from California but I'm moving to Seattle for university and I'm inbetween a devinci dh and then another am because I want a bike to pedal when I come home but also a bike to pedal while in the hills of Seattle. I really do love dh riding but also might start racing enduro up in Washington when I move there. Are dh bikes really that hard to pedal?

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 11:49 Quote
UnboundBoarder wrote:
mcozzy wrote:
wel i am from California but I'm moving to Seattle for university and I'm inbetween a devinci dh and then another am because I want a bike to pedal when I come home but also a bike to pedal while in the hills of Seattle. I really do love dh riding but also might start racing enduro up in Washington when I move there. Are dh bikes really that hard to pedal?
There are some amazing bike parks near Seattle. Go check out duthie hill. As a park bike that can go up hill I would get the kona process 167 or a specialized enduro evo. I don't have any experience with the kona process 167 but the geometry such as the seat tube angle seems more suited for up hill than most enduro bikes.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 14:17 Quote
Hey downhill. I'm looking into getting a get fury and pedaling it as I go. Maybe throw on a new cassette in the back but I can't find a bike that I like that can pedal well but exceed in the dh area. My yeti right now rocks but I ve pushed it to its full limit. I was looking at the fury, devinci, an AM Santa Cruz, or specialozed status

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 15:12 Quote
UnboundBoarder wrote:
Hey downhill. I'm looking into getting a get fury and pedaling it as I go. Maybe throw on a new cassette in the back but I can't find a bike that I like that can pedal well but exceed in the dh area. My yeti right now rocks but I ve pushed it to its full limit. I was looking at the fury, devinci, an AM Santa Cruz, or specialozed status
IMO downhill bikes aren't the best option for doing jumps drops etc. I like a bike with a shorter wheel base and shorter chainstays for jumps because it's easier to move around. if you really want something for jumps and drops and will go up hills (not like an XC bike) then maybe something like the kona process 167 I mentioned. Also the kona comes with 26" wheels for even shorter chainstays.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
Drink the koolade and "invest" in a Yeti SB66a or SB66c. It is an awesome bike that can handle just about anything if you've got the skills.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 20:49 Quote
okayh wrote:
Drink the koolade and "invest" in a Yeti SB66a or SB66c. It is an awesome bike that can handle just about anything if you've got the skills.
lol true

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010851
Mobile Version of Website