Yeti SB6c Thread

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti SB6c Thread
FL
Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
davegtr wrote:
Thedad71. There seems to be afew issues with the bearings. I don't think yeti will warranty the bearings. Frown not sure where to even buy them tbh
Contact silverfish, they were the distributors for yeti, assume they still are.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
My son has an SB 6 and the bearings in the upper carbon link wore out quickly. They are a custom bearing and you can only get them from Yeti. The problem is they are pressed in to only carbon with no aluminum holder and when the new bearings were installed they moved! Yea nice . . . . . Yeti sent us a new link through a dealer but it took weeks. The bike is great, the link not so much and good luck getting in contact with Yeti. Their bikes are great and they know it! ! !

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
Bugger a new link sounds expensive

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 18:01 Quote
skyno wrote:
Does anybody run a DPX2 on their SB6C?

I just picked up an SB6C frame and built it up w/ a DPX2 and I am trying to find info on recommended settings as a starting point. My custom tune id is DGDW which returns this result from the Fox website:

2018, FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj Evol LV, FOX, AM, 8.5, 2.5, 0.2 Spacer, CM, DRM, Rezi A F M+, Orange Logo

I'm not really sure how to interpret that result from Fox, but I am hoping this will work well with this frame as I'm looking for a Med compression and rebound tune.

For anybody running the DPX2 on the SB6, what have you found to be ideal rebound and compression settings? For rebound, I am trying to use the recommended settings of the Float X where they recommend 5 clicks clockwise, but the shock is setup different, so neither the rebound or compression settings really apply, and I can't seem to find a resource on Yeti's site where they list recommended settings for this shock - I can only find the Float X.

Any insight or input would be much appreciated!

Have you checked Fox's guide out?

The DPX2 only has rebound and 3-position compression adjustments for damping tuning!

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 18:09 Quote
theminsta wrote:

Have you checked Fox's guide out?

The DPX2 only has rebound and 3-position compression adjustments for damping tuning!

Thanks for the info - yeah I did read that guide and agree there is not a whole lot of adjustment but it is also extremely generic and there are more compression adjustments than just the on the fly 3 settings - I always find it easier to have a starting point for a specific frame rather than just generic based on body weight

FL
Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
Yes I have had an issue with a bearing. Same deal. Bike basically brand new and it seized with 3-4 rides. Dealer replaced all the bearings. Not one issue since.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 8:46 Quote
https://www.kineticbikebearings.com/frame-pivot-bearing-kit-yeti-sb6c-2014-2017.html

these guys sell bearing kits and they are cheaper than the OEM kits.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 3:19 Quote
Does anybody else is experiencing annoying cable noise from the internal route?
Anyone can give me some tips on how to solve it?

It's the only noise my bike is doing at the moment and is so annoying!

FL
Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 7:12 Quote
Surprisingly my bike is pretty quiet. Can you isolate where the noise is and post pics of the routing?

Erik

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 16:05 Quote
bedell99 wrote:
Surprisingly my bike is pretty quiet. Can you isolate where the noise is and post pics of the routing?

Erik

I`ve noticed it comes from the downtube, near the bottom bracket. And if i hold the cables during my ride, pulling them a little bit, the noise is gone.
I think trimming the cables will solve the issue but I`m not sure...

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 4:39 Quote
I routed the rear brake and gear cable through a foam sleeve inside inside the tube and it's all been nice and quiet so far. I'm not going to lie, it was a bit of a pain to install though.
photo

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 16:40 Quote
is it normal to have a minimal play on the linkage where the rear of suspension is connected but no squeeking sound (not the infinity switch) when u check it with ur rear tire? (2016 sb6c)

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
photo

photo

photo

Hi all, finally getting the new rig out for some laps. Bought the frame on close-out last fall and built up with all new parts this spring. Needless to say, I’m pumped. Used Yeti’s TR as inspiration for this build, but made some choice personal-preference changes along the way.

Fox 36 170mm Boost HSC/LSC
Fox Float X2 with lockout
We Are One - The Agent wheelset, Hope Pro 4 hubs, Boosty
XO1 Eagle DUB Crank/Shifter/Derailleur/Cassette, XX1 chain
Sram Code RSC with Centerline 200 / Centerline X 180 rotors
Race Face SixC 35 bar, 20mm rise
Race Face Turbine R 35 stem
ODI AG-2 grips
Chris King Inset 2 headset
Race Face Atlas Pedals
Selle Italia Flite Ti saddle
Fox Transfer Factory 150mm dropper, with a Woftooth Components remote
Oneup Components Bash Guide
Maxxis Minion DHF WT 2.5 & Aggressor DD 2.3

FL
Posted: May 16, 2018 at 8:03 Quote
just noticed that on one of the switch link kashima stanchions is a horizontal (to the floor) burr, it is only on the drive side, not particularly deep but i can see and feel it. I first thought it was mud just collecting at the limit of the travel (been riding all winter so LOTS of mud) i know i need to replace it, but do i need the whole link which is about £320 or can i just get the stanchion itself? also what could of caused it? mud? stone? seals? lack of grease?
thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045379
Mobile Version of Website