Official Morpheus Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Official Morpheus Owners Thread
Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
First time poster here - I've been building up a 2014 Morpheus Skyla for the last week and should have the last parts (wheels) delivered and installed in another week or so. I'll toss some pics up here once everything is complete. Frame is anodized orange/gold with the carbon linkage.

In case anyone here *hasn't* dealt with Morpheus' customer service, Chad is on point and has been really helpful in getting the small bits needed (rear rebuild kit for the future and derailleur hanger) and also the information/specs I was unable to find.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 8:57 Quote
Yeah Chad is the real deal, solid dude.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 11:12 Quote
Met him at Thunder Mtn. The stoke is strong with that man

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 14:38 Quote
prophet413 wrote:

Oh damn, were you still wanting some insight on the V-Slope?

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
Draggon wrote:
prophet413 wrote:

Not currently....I accidentally got my hands on Spencer666's S-Works demo frame.

I won't have money for a long time!

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 16:04 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
Draggon wrote:
prophet413 wrote:

Not currently....I accidentally got my hands on Spencer666's S-Works demo frame.

I won't have money for a long time!

Hahaa, it happens.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 19:10 Quote
Draggon wrote:
Yeah Chad is the real deal, solid dude.

Chad has been a total dick to me. I bent a v1 vimana frame and when I contacted him about the warranty he basically told me that it was impossible for me to have broken one of their frames. I eventually got it warrantied but it took more time and stress than needed. Also he didn't abide by the company's official crash replacement/ warranty protocol and I had to pay cost for my new frame when it should have been free. Great bikes horrible people.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 6:10 Quote
photo

Just finished this up this weekend. Just a few small things to fix up (replacing Juicy 7's with SLX) and tidying up my front cable mess.

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
What dropper u have on that skyla?

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
codynyc74 wrote:
What dropper u have on that skyla?

It's called "Fast Ace" - from Amazon. It's only 110mm, I believe. Price was right and the quality so far is great. I've only got about 8 hours on it, including trainer time, but I have no gripes.

Also - quick update - after adding SLX brakes w/180mm "IceTech" rotors, total weight of the bike is 28.6lbs - not bad!

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 8:36 Quote
cfstark wrote:
photo

Just finished this up this weekend. Just a few small things to fix up (replacing Juicy 7's with SLX) and tidying up my front cable mess.

The Morpheus orange is so sweet. Dig the wheels and white parts together as well.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 13:10 Quote
How you boys get solid chain tension without having chain wobbly?

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 5:47 Quote
HeronBlue wrote:

I've had no issues with chain drop. I removed - I think - 9 links from the Ti chain that I use. That adjustment + a narrow-wide chainring (32T) keeps everything in good order.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
HeronBlue wrote:

The teeth on the adjustable drop-outs are beveled so you get the chain close to tight when you pull the wheel back and then the teeth apply the final tension when you cinch up the drop-outs.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 9:50 Quote
Some final build pics of the VS......

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043425
Mobile Version of Website