Official Morpheus Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Official Morpheus Owners Thread
| Next Page
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
jcg2 wrote:
Does anyone know if Raceface Turbine Cinch cranks with a 30mm spindle will work on my Vimana? I will buy a new bb if necessary but not sure it is even an option. Please help. Thanks!

I run E13 cranks on my Vimana Slope with a 30mm spindle and they work just fine.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
Zombie32 wrote:
I’m new to the DJ scene and I’m also 50. Went to Rays indoor MTB park and loved it. Looking at all the different DJ bikes and keep coming back to the Vimana. I’m sure I could get a cheaper first DJ bike, but I really like the design of the Morpheus. What do y’all think about an old man choosing this as a first DJ bike?

I just built a Vimana hardtail and I highly recommend it. It is wicked quick and jumps out the gym. Most responsive bike I've ridden.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 4:56 Quote
Draggon wrote:
I just built a Vimana hardtail and I highly recommend it. It is wicked quick and jumps out the gym. Most responsive bike I've ridden.

You recommend buying the frame and building one or get a complete bike? Building one sounds great. Really get to know the bike that way.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 16:58 Quote
Just purchased a frame...Can't wait to start the build.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
Zombie32 wrote:
Just purchased a frame...Can't wait to start the build.

post it up when you're done. hopefully i can see it at ray's this winter!

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
mphenix wrote:
Startgas wrote:
Really nice Vimana! I like the clean back/grey build!

Not really sure either wether Morpheus is still alive, they shut down their European(German) dealer earlier this year, which was quite unfortunate as I was going to buy a V-slope. I sent a email to the the guy who run Morpheus but got some arrogant answer back. He told me to order from the US but that means at least 30% higher price as a Swede, compared to order from Germany. So no Morpheus for me any time soon i guess..
Anyway, not sure why the German agent was shut down.

Thanks!
They're still going... It sucks to hear about your experience with that dealer though.
I live in NYC and Chad was pretty helpful to me. Drove out to my neighborhood so I could try different sizes when I was looking to buy a frame, gave me a new axle for free when I realized the one I selected didn't fit my hub.
But, he is really busy and can be hard to get in touch/communicate with. To be honest that makes sense, I think it's just him and 1 other guy running the company. Not exactly sure what your experience was, but it's possible the response was more rushed than anything.

Either way, this is the sweetest ride ever. I knew I wanted this to be my DJ bike first time I tried one. I hope you find a way to get one of your own.

how did you get in touch with him to test ride the bikes? i'm looking to purchase a vimana frame here whenever they are back in stock, and im about to do a $2500 or so build so i kind of want to make 6 hour drive to NYC and test some frame sizes first, ive ridden one vimana before but no idea what size it even was

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
LumberJake wrote:
mphenix wrote:
Startgas wrote:
Really nice Vimana! I like the clean back/grey build!

Not really sure either wether Morpheus is still alive, they shut down their European(German) dealer earlier this year, which was quite unfortunate as I was going to buy a V-slope. I sent a email to the the guy who run Morpheus but got some arrogant answer back. He told me to order from the US but that means at least 30% higher price as a Swede, compared to order from Germany. So no Morpheus for me any time soon i guess..
Anyway, not sure why the German agent was shut down.

Thanks!
They're still going... It sucks to hear about your experience with that dealer though.
I live in NYC and Chad was pretty helpful to me. Drove out to my neighborhood so I could try different sizes when I was looking to buy a frame, gave me a new axle for free when I realized the one I selected didn't fit my hub.
But, he is really busy and can be hard to get in touch/communicate with. To be honest that makes sense, I think it's just him and 1 other guy running the company. Not exactly sure what your experience was, but it's possible the response was more rushed than anything.

Either way, this is the sweetest ride ever. I knew I wanted this to be my DJ bike first time I tried one. I hope you find a way to get one of your own.

how did you get in touch with him to test ride the bikes? i'm looking to purchase a vimana frame here whenever they are back in stock, and im about to do a $2500 or so build so i kind of want to make 6 hour drive to NYC and test some frame sizes first, ive ridden one vimana before but no idea what size it even was

Chad actually just left Morpheus to work at Trek so I guess there's a new guy? I've been meaning to text Chad, when I do I'll ask what's going to happen at Morpheus.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
Draggon wrote:
LumberJake wrote:
mphenix wrote:

Thanks!

Chad actually just left Morpheus to work at Trek so I guess there's a new guy? I've been meaning to text Chad, when I do I'll ask what's going to happen at Morpheus.

saw on their site chad was still listed in the contact us section, so idk. their site has all of the vimana/v-slope frames/builds OOS, so now im worry im never going to get one hearing that chad has left Frown

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
The site doesn't appear to have been updated since 2016

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
LumberJake wrote:
Draggon wrote:
LumberJake wrote:

saw on their site chad was still listed in the contact us section, so idk. their site has all of the vimana/v-slope frames/builds OOS, so now im worry im never going to get one hearing that chad has left Frown

From what Chad told me about 6 months ago, they have had issues with the site where they do have the frames/bikes in stock but the site says out of stock and they couldn't figure out how to change it. I got my Vimana HT when the site said it was sold out.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
Draggon wrote:
LumberJake wrote:
Draggon wrote:

From what Chad told me about 6 months ago, they have had issues with the site where they do have the frames/bikes in stock but the site says out of stock and they couldn't figure out how to change it. I got my Vimana HT when the site said it was sold out.

Huh, I actually work for an ecommerce company and often deal w/ things like inventory. Gonna give them a call and offer to help fix it for a discount Smile

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
https://m.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Morpheus-Cycles-to-Close-Its-Doors,1268

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031033
Mobile Version of Website