Lapierre Riders

PB Forum :: Other
Lapierre Riders
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 1:39 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:
So, my shock has now been checked over by RockShox and they say that there is nothing wrong with it.

Back on the bike we still can't set it up to less than 35% sag for my 82kg weight with over 32psi. The shock is the Rockshox Monarch Relay that comes with the Zesty AM 827 E:I. We tried a 2018 Zesty AM 527 with a Rockshox deluxe shock and it worked fine with 220psi.

Next step is to enquire with the Lapierre distributor to see if they can recommend a set up that will work, or confirm that there is something wrong with the shock in their opinion.

My fear is that we'll get stuck between Lapierre and RockShox with both saying that their product is fine but the bike simply not working. Or worse, we'll fill it full of volume reducers and it won't be progressive.

I don't really want to compromise as it is a nice bike and having a saggy back end seems like a waste. I have told the bike shop that I won't pick it up until it is sorted.

Does anyone have any suggestions from their experience?

This isn't right! In the UK I had quite a few back and froths with Fox forks on my old Stumpy....they kept insisting there was no issue when there was.....in the end told them to take the bike back, new fancy (better than original) forks came back with the bike!

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
The lower (chain stay to frame) bearings on my Zesty AM827 have seized after all of about 10 rides - although the last one was about as wet and muddy as it gets. Does anyone have recommendations of what to replace these with? Was thinking of looking for some stainless steel bearings but wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do. Keen to hear your thoughts.

Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 23:57 Quote
Oh, and the crank sensor has stopped working as well. Hopefully I can get that going again...

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
Just wanted to say hello to the other Lapierre riders!

This is my 1st Lapierre, and first full FS mtb. (got it used but barely) 2016, Zesty AM 327. After 8 rides of a mix of trails, I have to say i'm very happy with this bike! It's 100% stock and the only short fall I found with it. The tough tom tires are sub par for a bike this capable. They will be changed out for some Minions DH r\f II ect.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 14:40 Quote
New spicy and zesty look like an advancement in technology offering 2 bikes in 1. Thoughts ?

https://singletrackworld.com/2018/07/lapierre-launches-all-new-2019-zesty-spicy-and-a-not-an-e-bike/

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 20:17 Quote
kmcd21 wrote:
New spicy and zesty look like an advancement in technology offering 2 bikes in 1. Thoughts ?

https://singletrackworld.com/2018/07/lapierre-launches-all-new-2019-zesty-spicy-and-a-not-an-e-bike/

Looks fairly trick. Following Scott/Giant etc trends with a lower mounted shock. The linkages look similar to what Trek are doing on their Fuel Ex models, which should help keep the rear travel moving under braking.

That rear shock and lower pivots are going to cop a lot of mud and spray from the rear wheel, they might need a guard in there in the production version! Hopefully the seat tube will allow a decent dropper post length as it looks quite short.

Great to see them moving forward with their designs. 2016 they improved their design a lot by moving the shock to mount on the top tube (less weight, and better loading direction in my opinion). Now they are brave enough to start with a clean sheet and rethink their approach. I hope they do well from it.

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 2:27 Quote
Question regarding my Lapierre Zetsy 527 2016 frame.My XL frame looks like this https://www.pinterest.se/pin/449585975285630464/

Did Lapierre have 2 frames for there 2016- zetsy 527 carbon frames? Moste frames looks like this https://www.pinterest.se/pin/449585975284529161/

Hope some one here could help me. Cant find info anywhere.

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 at 17:56 Quote
HaogeLi wrote:
Question regarding my Lapierre Zetsy 527 2016 frame.My XL frame looks like this https://www.pinterest.se/pin/449585975285630464/

Did Lapierre have 2 frames for there 2016- zetsy 527 carbon frames? Moste frames looks like this https://www.pinterest.se/pin/449585975284529161/

Hope some one here could help me. Cant find info anywhere.

I believe I read that they added the extra top tube support for the larger frames. My medium looks like the 2nd pic.

Posted: Nov 11, 2018 at 18:16 Quote
I have a problem with my E:I shock (again) where the dash display is flashing red and green. The battery is charged so I know that it is not a flat battery. It came about after I cleaned the bike which suggests that I may have knocked the fork sensor out of alignment. Can someone tell me how to align this sensor again?
The bike shop has in the past put a magnet on my front wheel which I really don't think is required for the version 2 system. I assume that there is a magnet on the shock stanchion which the magnet will pick up on. Is this correct?
I am hoping that if I can understand this system I can maintain it. The bike shop has zero clues.

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 3:29 Quote
philstraker wrote:
Hey people

Does anyone know where I can get spare frame bolts for my 2015 Spicy Team

I’m chasing the “shock extender pivot screw” part number (02014013)

Any help would be great thanks

Also chasing these if anyone has a source?

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
Just about to get a 2018 zesty at a great price. Can't wait

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 4:00 Quote
If anyone is looking for a new zesty I have one to sell it is a 2013 frame with mostly new parts message me for details

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 20:15 Quote
I have been looking at the 160mm debonair upgrade kit for the Rockshox Pike fork. Looks like a low-cost way of improving the performance of the fork. Has anyone tried this with a Zesty AM? It should slacken the head tube angle ever so slightly which may affect the handling, I guess for the better as far as descending is concerned. Keen to hear your thoughts.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 6:17 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:
I have been looking at the 160mm debonair upgrade kit for the Rockshox Pike fork. Looks like a low-cost way of improving the performance of the fork. Has anyone tried this with a Zesty AM? It should slacken the head tube angle ever so slightly which may affect the handling, I guess for the better as far as descending is concerned. Keen to hear your thoughts.

Lapierre Zesty 927 Ultimate 2017
Hi, I have a Debonaair upgrade for like a month now. The fork is buttery smooth and more supportive. This upgrade is f awesome for the price of a cheap tire! I still run 3 volume spacers as I like to push the bike hard. Like that I can keep the pressure down and use all the sensitivity the 160 mm debonair offers. The bike is superfun to descend and fly with. (Since the beggining I run 160 mm on my Pike.)

Also I am not able to have a sag lower than 35 % (Rear sus). So maybe I ride the bike much slacker than it was meant to be. I have a RS Debonair plus RC3. Have been runing 7-8 volume rings for the past year, 225 psi, 86 kg. Never bottomed out and the bike can handle bikeparks with no hasitation.
Right now I experiment with less rings devided into positive and negative chamber. Using a slightly higher pressure 240 psi. But still getting 35 % sag.

What pressure and how many rings do you use on your RS debon plus? To what weight geared up?
I tried 2 stock rings and 250 psi. Too soft in the middle stroke for my liking. Next I go 3 in the positive chamber, one in the negative one. 35 % sag. Keen to hear your thoughts.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006033
Mobile Version of Website