Lapierre Riders

PB Forum :: Other
Lapierre Riders
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
Activitylog

Thanks for the insight into your settings. My bike is the Zesty 827 AM carbon 2017, so a very similar set up to yours. I weigh about the same with riding kit so it is a good comparison.

Currently I am running 56psi with one volume spacer up front on my Pike. It sits up well and takes the hits whilst still feeling responsive in the lower third of the stroke.

My rear shock is the Rockshox Monarch RT3 Debonair Relay. I have found it too linear and dead feeling so have recently added 6 volume spacers all in the positive chamber. It now feels much more supportive and although I can use all the travel it feels much better matched to my fork. I am running 200 psi. My sag is around 30 - 35% also. I'm not sure there is any way past this as higher pressures don't seem to reduce it much. Could be a function of the compression curve through the suspension.

With these settings the bike is running the best that it ever has. The only improvements now will be the debonair upgrade on the fork, possibly an offset headset to get more angle at the front, and to get my E:I working again of course.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Hi need some help spicy 527 2015 model. Somethings missing from frame axle. Bought a 12mmx 142mm but bolt iis missing. Bought bolts from Lapierre but the maxle don't bite enough.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
Woa. Just upgrade my fork to 160mm with the debonair kit. Should have done this a long time ago. Small bump sensitivity is much better and with the slightly higher fork the steering is a little more dialed back, less twitchy in the turns. Really liking the change.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
joeyray69 wrote:
Hi need some help spicy 527 2015 model. Somethings missing from frame axle. Bought a 12mmx 142mm but bolt iis missing. Bought bolts from Lapierre but the maxle don't bite enough.

You have probably already figured this out, but there is a very small allen bolt that holds the axle bolt firm and prevents it from spinning. Look for a small hole just above the rear mech bolt, stick an allen key (cant remember the size) in it and tighten it up...

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
Iluv888 wrote:
joeyray69 wrote:

You have probably already figured this out, but there is a very small allen bolt that holds the axle bolt firm and prevents it from spinning. Look for a small hole just above the rear mech bolt, stick an allen key (cant remember the size) in it and tighten it up...

I have a 2016 527... I had lots of issues with the rear axle, until I switched to a DT Swiss ratchet. It's basically a solid thru that has a ratchet mechanism that pops off once tightened. All the traditional tightening lever systems failed.

https://www.jensonusa.com/DT-Swiss-RWS-Thru-Axle

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015368
Mobile Version of Website