Lapierre Riders

PB Forum :: Other
Lapierre Riders
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 16:26 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:
Mplunket wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone know the axle length and thread size for a 2018 zesty 827? Have managed to strip the bolt but was hoping to order a new one before drilling it out so I can keep riding in the short term.

Had a Google search however can't seem to find this detail...

I assume you mean the rear axel? I have checked mine. It is 172mm in length, 12mm in diameter. FORMULA LAXQR-12E. Hope this helps.

Hi Steve,

Is this with a boost hub? Can you confirm the thread pitch as well?

Thanks
Mike

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 4:27 Quote
[Quote="Mplunket"]
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:
Mplunket wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone know the axle length and thread size for a 2018 zesty 827? Have managed to strip the bolt but was hoping to order a new one before drilling it out so I can keep riding in the short term.

Had a Google search however can't seem to find this detail...

I assume you mean the rear axel? I have checked mine. It is 172mm in length, 12mm in diameter. FORMULA LAXQR-12E. Hope this helps.

Hi Steve,

Thanks

if you are in the uk, contact raleigh and they are pretty good at providing part numbers. ill measure my 2018 boost lapierre axle when i get home, it may have a part number on it!

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
[Quote="Olistev"]
Mplunket wrote:
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks

if you are in the uk, contact raleigh and they are pretty good at providing part numbers. ill measure my 2018 boost lapierre axle when i get home, it may have a part number on it!

In New Zealand. Thanks that would be great

Posted: Oct 16, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
Mike,

Mine is 2018 Zesty 827 carbon. I'm pretty sure they're non-boost. Maybe the next model went to boost.

Not sure about the thread pitch. It's a 12mm axle but the pitch looks to be more coarse than M12.

The guys at Bikes International might be able to help. They were real good when my E:I was playing up.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 3:09 Quote
Hi everyone...

I’ve bought (from someone on here) what I believe to be a 2013 Spicy 316.

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2890538/

So there seems to be a couple of bits missing, I’ve asked the seller if they still have them but I’ve had no reply. My main issue is there is no bolts to mount the rear shock. Can anyone see from these pictures what bits I need and also where I can get them? I’m not in a massive rush for this, it’s a build for my Mrs (first mountain bike) and we’ve just had a baby, so we’re not in a hurry to get out there.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 4:22 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:
Mike,

Mine is 2018 Zesty 827 carbon. I'm pretty sure they're non-boost. Maybe the next model went to boost.

Not sure about the thread pitch. It's a 12mm axle but the pitch looks to be more coarse than M12.

The guys at Bikes International might be able to help. They were real good when my E:I was playing up.

My 2018 alloy zesty is 12x148 boost, I’m pretty sure all models for 2018 were.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
My Zesty 827 has an FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS No.57E head set fitted. Currently the bike is running 66.5 degrees of head tube angle. I'd like to try slacking this out more by fitting an angled headset. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:
My Zesty 827 has an FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS No.57E head set fitted. Currently the bike is running 66.5 degrees of head tube angle. I'd like to try slacking this out more by fitting an angled headset. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I’m running a single offset bushing along with a 170mm Lyrik to drop the head angle to around 65 degrees. The bike rides so much better with the slacker angles and more travel! I might chuck in a 1 degree angle set as well to drop it down to a super slack 64 degrees, but I’m slightly concerned about doing that!! I recommend the offset bushings because they are dirt cheap. I haven’t tried, but I am only running one as it looks as if I ran 2 parts of the linkage might hit each other!! Good luck!!

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 20:00 Quote
Keen to hear more about the offset bushings. Do you have details to share?

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 3:54 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:

I’m running one Offset bushing in the top of the rear shock, sizing 20x8 mm, and a standard one in the bottom mount, same size as the top mount. I’m concerned that if I used two offset bushings, parts of the frame may hit one another, so to keep it safe I just stuck with one. Lapierre seem to use a really wierd bushing size so I had to get them from offset bushings.com (I’m not sure if they are available outside the uk.) They are dirt cheap as well!! It slackened the headline by about half a degree, which felt slightly better on the extreme Steeps of tweed valley, but it was definitely a bit harder to jump and do 180s and stuff until I had got completely used to it. I think bumping up fork travel is a great option if your fork allows you to, As it makes the bike sooo much better, and the offset bushing helps keep the bb height in check! Just come back from a weekend in Fort William at the World Cup track and honestly in its current configuration, this zesty rips!!

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 11:28 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:

As Oli said, we've produced loads for all kinds of Lapierre frames. We ship worldwide, not just to the UK. Most of our customers are international Smile

If you have any questions please hit us up at www.offsetbushings.com and we'll do our best to help out!

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
jezzah wrote:
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:

As Oli said, we've produced loads for all kinds of Lapierre frames. We ship worldwide, not just to the UK. Most of our customers are international Smile

If you have any questions please hit us up at www.offsetbushings.com and we'll do our best to help out!
True that!
These lads are are top notch.
Excellent products and service, turn around time is mighty quick too.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 4:50 Quote
does anyone run a coil shock on a 2018 zesty? it seems like it may be quite a linear kinematic as i have to stack my shock full of volume spacers to keep it working for me, but tbh the bike probably was not really designed for DH and freeride trails. maybe a progressive spring would then sort this out?

also, is anyone running a longer stroke shock over the stock 210x50, like a 210x52.5 for example? i need as much travel as i can get!! would this cause parts of the frame to hit one another, just curious if anyone has tried this before?

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
Olistev wrote:
does anyone run a coil shock on a 2018 zesty? it seems like it may be quite a linear kinematic as i have to stack my shock full of volume spacers to keep it working for me, but tbh the bike probably was not really designed for DH and freeride trails. maybe a progressive spring would then sort this out?

also, is anyone running a longer stroke shock over the stock 210x50, like a 210x52.5 for example? i need as much travel as i can get!! would this cause parts of the frame to hit one another, just curious if anyone has tried this before?

I much prefer a coil shock over an air shock, I feel like you get more consistent travel with a spring. Air shocks, for me, tend to get a lot stiffer through the travel, so I find them spongy with little or no load. As for increasing stroke length, I wouldn’t do it. Although it might seem like it’s only 2.5mm difference, that’s 5% increase, and more room for your swingarm and frame to collide. In fact, I don’t even think the movement is even there in the frame.

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 8:27 Quote
Hey everyone, just purchased a Zesty 314 frame, its the 2012 model I believe as its black and gold, and was wondering if anyone knows where to locate the original specs for it? I've looked but no success.

Also wondering if anyone still runs one and what wheel size? Does it have to be 26"

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011693
Mobile Version of Website