Lapierre Riders

PB Forum :: Other
Lapierre Riders
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
Oakesey wrote:
Hey everyone, just purchased a Zesty 314 frame, its the 2012 model I believe as its black and gold, and was wondering if anyone knows where to locate the original specs for it? I've looked but no success.

Also wondering if anyone still runs one and what wheel size? Does it have to be 26"

30 second search on t'internet

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/lapierre-zesty-314-review/

Yes, 26" only........

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
JasenK wrote:
Oakesey wrote:
Hey everyone, just purchased a Zesty 314 frame, its the 2012 model I believe as its black and gold, and was wondering if anyone knows where to locate the original specs for it? I've looked but no success.

Also wondering if anyone still runs one and what wheel size? Does it have to be 26"

30 second search on t'internet

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/lapierre-zesty-314-review/

Yes, 26" only........

Yeah that's best I've found but unfortunately not great, missing info

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
Hi all,
2017 Zesty AM 527 non EI, mechanical dropper 150mm.
Purchased bike new, mid 2018 via Merlin UK to Australia.
Post recently started sinking up to 1.5” as soon as seated, then holds there. Pops up when standing. Bike done less then 100 hours.
Lapierre pulled out of Oz in 2017 so good mechs are hard to find.
Is this a familiar problem?
Also, does anyone know if these stock droppers are rebranded, and if so are there tech sheets from the manufacturer when selling under their own label?
Located Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Cheers, Greg.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
Geedub71 wrote:
Hi all,
2017 Zesty AM 527 non EI, mechanical dropper 150mm.
Purchased bike new, mid 2018 via Merlin UK to Australia.
Post recently started sinking up to 1.5” as soon as seated, then holds there. Pops up when standing. Bike done less then 100 hours.
Lapierre pulled out of Oz in 2017 so good mechs are hard to find.
Is this a familiar problem?
Also, does anyone know if these stock droppers are rebranded, and if so are there tech sheets from the manufacturer when selling under their own label?
Located Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Cheers, Greg.

I have a 2016 527 AM.. used a KS Lev Integra. They went to a rebranded "Lapierre" model in 2017 (SeatpostLAPIERRE DROPPER POST Ø: 31.6mm Travel: 125mm (S,M), 150mm (L, XL)). Any reputable local bike shop should be able to service it. Could also replace it with a new 31.6 dropper... posts have become a long way in the last few years!

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
Thank you K2blt.
Have just removed it and found “Racing Components “ listed on the shaft. Will try to locate some info online.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
I have owned a 2014 Zesty AM since new, and upgraded many components over the years. I am curious to know if anyone has run a coil shock and how it affects the spring/damper rates. I already purchased a coil and report the results back, just curious to see if anyone else has tried this out and what the results were. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
I have a 2015 zesty 527 with the 200x57 e:I rear shock. Was hoping to switch to a new generation fox to match with my forks. Problem is fox only does 190-210 eye to eye lengths now with the new standard.... Am I out of luck and have to find something older and/or used?

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 9:22 Quote
They just call it 7.875"x2.25" now, to differentiate from metric standard.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 13:30 Quote
lookseasyfromhere wrote:
They just call it 7.875"x2.25" now, to differentiate from metric standard.

ahh, perfect. now I feel dumb, thanks for the info

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 5:41 Quote
hi there,
anyone any idea when the 2022 range will be up? or we have to wait till december Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
Got a lap zesty 714 from 2013 with 150mm fox float 32 CTD forks and fox Float CTD shock I think 140mm.

I want to upgrade both as I've never gotten on with them and want to start riding some bigger stuff so was thinking 160 pikes on front but no idea about the shock? I know people were upgrading to spicy shocks with the spicy shock shuttle but these have been out of stock for years now.

Also I see 26 forks basically don't exist anymore. Anyone know if a 27.5 fits the rear of a 2013 714?
Otherwise what do? Run 26 wheel on the 27.5 fork? Or run mismatched wheels?

Thanks

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 0:36 Quote
SteveMcDonald2 wrote:
My Zesty 827 has an FSA Orbit 1.5E ZS No.57E head set fitted. Currently the bike is running 66.5 degrees of head tube angle. I'd like to try slacking this out more by fitting an angled headset. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I finally got around to changing the geo on my Zesty 827. I went the whole hog, 160mm fork, single offset bushing (the lower doesn't fit due to interference between the shock and the linkage), and a 2 degree angle headset (Works Components). I have a 2.4 tyre up front and 2.35 out back. All up I think it's good for around 3 degrees, bringing the head angle from 66.5 degrees down to 63.5.

First ride out today in dry conditions on a trail that I have ridden a lot in the past two weeks with the standard setup. I was blown away with how it rode. Far more stable through the rough stuff and it improved my confidence a lot. I always felt like the front was going to tuck, but now I can forget about that and actually get my weight forward more. It is descending faster and cornering better. Very happy with the results and wish I hadn't left it so long.

As an aside I also put a 800 wide 30mm rise Spank Vibrocore bar on. I always felt the previous bar had a lot of flex. Again this did the trick and feels absolutely spot on.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 17:20 Quote
2016 Lapierre Zesty AM 827. I’m looking to replace the stock Rockshox shock to a Fox Float DPX2 shock. Anyone do this? What size Fox mounting hardware do I need to buy? Thanks.

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
2014 Lapierre Zesty AM 527 still going strong!
https://youtu.be/v9iGPEjQZuc

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
Hi, I have a 2016 Spicy with an aftermarket fox float ctd and need to replace the mounting hardware/bushings. I dont know which exact ones to buy, my mechanic measure the widths on the frames to be ~19mm for the lower and ~21mm for the upper mounting point. I also sent Lapierre an email regarding this, but they have not answered yet, so I figured I could also try asking here.

Edit: I figured it out, the correct dimensions are 8x19.05mm and 8x21.54mm. Could not find a 19.05mm so I took a 20mm instead and sanded off 1mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011999
Mobile Version of Website