Lapierre Riders

PB Forum :: Other
Lapierre Riders
Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 9:03 Quote
hi

my english ir rare and did not explain very well Eek
my weigth is 83 kilos without gear
have the shock on 40% sga without any volume spacers
before the debonair was using a older version monarch plus and was using about 90% of shock travel
on the new one the oring stays about 70% on the shaft
on rocky trails feels not using more travel
where does the oring stay on your bike after a good ride?[/Quote]

with the shock shock on my 2015 the o ring comes off the bike, i get full travel. but on a normal xc similar to the tail in your video , id get 75percent maybe 80% travel i bet. it does sound like you are having a issue with you shock. this is from a pink bike review.

"RockShox developed a simple and elegant solution to moderate the spring rate and provide a seamless transition from the negative spring for its Monarch RT3 and RC3 shocks. DebonAir, as it is called, is a two-chamber air-sleeve that adds volume to the shock's main air spring, and also to its negative spring. The modification is standard on 2014 Monarch Plus RC3 shocks and will retrofit to all 2014 Monarch shocks as well as last years's 2013 Monarch RC3 models. DebonAir is a one-two punch that extends the effects of the negative spring to

add small-bump sensitivity through a full third of the shock's compression stroke, while the air volume that the sleeve adds to the positive side of the air spring prevents excessive ramp-up near the shock's end-stroke - which gives longer-travel trailbikes more support in the mid-stroke and a more seamless feel when driving the suspension deep into its travel. RockShox product manager Jed Douglas said that DebonAir can reduce the force necessary to move the shock by 25 percent in the first third of its stroke - where riders are most sensitive to the suspension. DebonAir is a simple retrofit that replaces the stock air can and simply threads onto the shock body. RockShox will have retrofit kits available in stores around June/July 2014 for $115.50 USD."

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 10:19 Quote
thanks for the info
will check the shock

drinktothat421 wrote:
hi

my english ir rare and did not explain very well Eek
my weigth is 83 kilos without gear
have the shock on 40% sga without any volume spacers
before the debonair was using a older version monarch plus and was using about 90% of shock travel
on the new one the oring stays about 70% on the shaft
on rocky trails feels not using more travel
where does the oring stay on your bike after a good ride?

with the shock shock on my 2015 the o ring comes off the bike, i get full travel. but on a normal xc similar to the tail in your video , id get 75percent maybe 80% travel i bet. it does sound like you are having a issue with you shock. this is from a pink bike review.

"RockShox developed a simple and elegant solution to moderate the spring rate and provide a seamless transition from the negative spring for its Monarch RT3 and RC3 shocks. DebonAir, as it is called, is a two-chamber air-sleeve that adds volume to the shock's main air spring, and also to its negative spring. The modification is standard on 2014 Monarch Plus RC3 shocks and will retrofit to all 2014 Monarch shocks as well as last years's 2013 Monarch RC3 models. DebonAir is a one-two punch that extends the effects of the negative spring to

add small-bump sensitivity through a full third of the shock's compression stroke, while the air volume that the sleeve adds to the positive side of the air spring prevents excessive ramp-up near the shock's end-stroke - which gives longer-travel trailbikes more support in the mid-stroke and a more seamless feel when driving the suspension deep into its travel. RockShox product manager Jed Douglas said that DebonAir can reduce the force necessary to move the shock by 25 percent in the first third of its stroke - where riders are most sensitive to the suspension. DebonAir is a simple retrofit that replaces the stock air can and simply threads onto the shock body. RockShox will have retrofit kits available in stores around June/July 2014 for $115.50 USD."[/Quote]

Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 16:16 Quote
New bars 780mm 30mm rise and new cassette sunrace 11-50 speed cassette

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 7:34 Quote
My 2014 Spicy 527

Frame size Small.

Everything screamed I should get a large, I'm 6ft but I'm so glad I didn't. This is my first 650b bike, (I'm used to small DJ stuff) and it feels huge. I'm not sure I could handle anything bigger! Even with the short Spank 35mm stem I've got the reach feels quite long for me.

photo

Now has a few extra bits since the photo, One-up chain guide, Deathgrips, NS Terra bars, and soon to have King hubs front & rear.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
https://youtu.be/n1fy11jOkY8

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
I have a 2014 zesty 327 and currently have the stock bottom bracket and crank. I wanted to upgrade my crank. I bought a shimono zee and i was told to get a shimano bb-mt800 bottom bracket press fit. I have tried to install it today and i ran into a problem. The spindle for the crank is too long. What should i do?

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 20:54 Quote
Bunso wrote:
I have a 2014 zesty 327 and currently have the stock bottom bracket and crank. I wanted to upgrade my crank. I bought a shimono zee and i was told to get a shimano bb-mt800 bottom bracket press fit. I have tried to install it today and i ran into a problem. The spindle for the crank is too long. What should i do?
if the spindle is too long its the wrong crank. If its pressfit. It should be bb92. Thats why i lioe sram cranks. Gxp bb fits all gxp cranks. Simple.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 2:42 Quote
Im think of starting all over again. Getting a new bottom bracket and crank. Any recommendation on what to get?

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 12:29 Quote
Bunso wrote:
Im think of starting all over again. Getting a new bottom bracket and crank. Any recommendation on what to get?

The correct sram pressfit gxp botton bracket and any sram gxp crank you like/ can afford. I have sram carbon xo. But the new carbon decendents are awsome too. It should be a sram gxp pressfit bb92

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 8:30 Quote
I have found this here at pinkbike

Brand new GX Crank and GXP BB. Less than 30 miles on them. Pulled off of brand new bike. 175mm arms, X-Sync, 1x, 30t, 680 grams, 24mm spindle, boost compatible. GXP BB that goes with it as well.

would that work with my bike?

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 18:53 Quote
Bunso wrote:
I have found this here at pinkbike

Brand new GX Crank and GXP BB. Less than 30 miles on them. Pulled off of brand new bike. 175mm arms, X-Sync, 1x, 30t, 680 grams, 24mm spindle, boost compatible. GXP BB that goes with it as well.

would that work with my bike?

Look up the specs for your vike online. If your biken needs a pressfit bb a gxp thread(metal) bb wont work. You dont want a boot spaceing a pressfit gxp and threaded gpx bb with both fit the same gxp cranks.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 3:57 Quote
Hi all - does anyone know the bearing sizes for the Lapierre Zesty AM frames 2016/2015

ie

https://lapierre-api.ultra-com.com/sites/default/files/bike/2017/Zoom_A263-ZestyAM-527.jpg

getting technical info out of Lapierre is almost impossible.

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
Karve wrote:
Hi all - does anyone know the bearing sizes for the Lapierre Zesty AM frames 2016/2015

ie

https://lapierre-api.ultra-com.com/sites/default/files/bike/2017/Zoom_A263-ZestyAM-527.jpg

getting technical info out of Lapierre is almost impossible.

If you are really stuck all bearings have the size printed on there seal

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 7:18 Quote
Also they changed there frame in 2016 to a new design. Which may not be the same as 2015

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 19:23 Quote
So I have lost the axle nut for the rear formula LA xqr-12e skewer. Any ideas what can replace the nut itself or is there a spindle that will replace it. I can't get a lick of support from LApierre and am off the trails for a $10 part.

Thanks for any help you can pass my way. Frame is a zesty 427

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048045
Mobile Version of Website