Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: May 14, 2017 at 13:14 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Yikes... f*ck driving 3 hours every weekend. Im only an hour away from TMBP.

Whats going on with Plattekill?

Plattekill only open a total of 5 tentative weekends. Cry

I don't mind driving. I do 5 hour trips for snowboarding in Vermont from NYC. 3 hours is nothing. I've also done a 10 hour drive to Mount Saint-Anne for some DH shredding. It's all worth it!

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
Yikes... f*ck driving 3 hours every weekend. Im only an hour away from TMBP.

Whats going on with Plattekill?

They found out they can make more money hosting weddings from what I heard.

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
Shit thats sad. I did the trip to Highland this weekend and it was about 6 hours round trip. I wanted to shoot myself, such a miserable drive.

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 15:22 Quote
only have to survive 13 more days... sigh

Posted: May 15, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
Its this sunday! not next.

Posted: May 16, 2017 at 23:23 Quote
Whistler is opening before Thunder lol

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 7:57 Quote
seismicninja wrote:

Thunder and Whistler both open this Friday the 19th.

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
ethanlikesbikes wrote:
seismicninja wrote:

Thunder and Whistler both open this Friday the 19th.

Just saw that...

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 9:26 Quote
seismicninja wrote:

Keep in mind, Whistler has a little more revenue and seasoned staff to get things running.

Just like BMX trails, after a few years (if not major changes are involved), getting them packed/reclayed happens quickly to allow for riding.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
Thunder locals (or regulars) -- I'm moving back home to western MA for short bit and just received my YT Jeffsy 27 the other week....I'm sorta new to DH but consider myself a solid rider.

I'm assuming my jeffsy is enough bike for Thunder? Its 150/150mm front/back. Dropper. Maxxis high roller 2s front and back.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2017 at 12:05 Quote
Plenty to ride at Thunder on your bike.
chop924 wrote:
Thunder locals (or regulars) -- I'm moving back home to western MA for short bit and just received my YT Jeffsy 27 the other week....I'm sorta new to DH but consider myself a solid rider.

I'm assuming my jeffsy is enough bike for Thunder? Its 150/150mm front/back. Dropper. Maxxis high roller 2s front and back.

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
so how was it today boys

Posted: May 20, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
mdg3d wrote:
Plenty to ride at Thunder on your bike.
chop924 wrote:

That'll be fine for the occasional lift serviced day at T-Mountain, lots of people make it happen on enduro bikes. If you really get into it, though borrow or rent a real DH rig for a day and you'll see why it's worth it to have a dedicated gravity sled.

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
so how was it today boys

I went on Friday, some trails weren't open (Hawlywood and trillium that I remember). Trails were amazing, super fast and tacky. Awesome day of 10-5pm riding.

I've been riding Thunder, Killington and Windham on my 27.5 trek remedy. Very rarely do I wish I had more bike (more aggressive geo and that's about it).

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
I was there on Sunday! trails were running good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzK5uglm_rk

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011789
Mobile Version of Website