Thunder Mountain Bike Park
O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
ctmtbgirl wrote:
seismicninja wrote:
Any new trails this year?

I thought they said there would be new trails? They have GL for 2 more years

I talked to bike patrol and they said they're adding new ski runs before working on the bike park more.

I think they're blasting for a new lift soon.

Hopefully they can run the new lift a bit quicker if they get one...

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 10:07 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
ctmtbgirl wrote:

I talked to bike patrol and they said they're adding new ski runs before working on the bike park more.

Hopefully they can run the new lift a bit quicker if they get one...

Unless it is a detachable-high speed, no they can not.

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 12:31 Quote
Gravity Logic will not be there this year at all. I expect the mountain to be in ruins by the end of this season, not as bad as highland but it will be a mess.

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
dimetera413 wrote:
Gravity Logic will not be there this year at all. I expect the mountain to be in ruins by the end of this season, not as bad as highland but it will be a mess.

Hellion sucks but the big lines are riding nice.

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
dimetera413 wrote:

Proof of this?

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 14:01 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
ctmtbgirl wrote:
seismicninja wrote:
Any new trails this year?

really? maybe a high speed lift?

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 14:31 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
dimetera413 wrote:

Proof of this?

Ive heard this from 2 different people that know people who work at the mountain. I remember GL saying last year they will be just checking in occasionally and letting the current mountain staff build the trails.

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 15:09 Quote
dimetera413 wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
dimetera413 wrote:

Proof of this?

Ive heard this from 2 different people that know people who work at the mountain. I remember GL saying last year they will be just checking in occasionally and letting the current mountain staff build the trails.

Sounds to me like a professional way of saying they won't be there.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 19:03 Quote
I heard from my cousin who's best friends wife's sister who knows someone that might work there said maybe Gravity Logic is just waiting for some summer capital work to finish up until they get going on some more trails. I'm not too worried about it though because until then it's still one of the best bike parks ever and the trails are running awesome right now.
Don't take my word on this though, it is 5th hand information from some pretty unreliable sources.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 13:33 Quote
gldk wrote:
I Gravity Logic is just waiting for some summer capital work .

what is that

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 17:14 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
gldk wrote:
I Gravity Logic is just waiting for some summer capital work .

what is that

capital=$$

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 17:44 Quote
oh oh ok I misunderstood

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 18:08 Quote
Its cool. i was confused though, i thought a 5 yr contract meant building for 5 years

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 19:17 Quote
That'd be nice. Gravity Logic is pretty active in the northeast atm. Also, would make sense to make sure that Thunder can support itself. I don't think it'll go to shit at all though. They run a smart schedule being closed on tuesday and wednesday.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012024
Mobile Version of Website