Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
I haven't heard of either of those, whats the route your follow to get to them?

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 4:18 Quote
Yes, they're both marked now with trail signs and ribbons (and a big mid trail white board with arrows). They are on the Far East side of the park (along with additional trail called Loam Star and the resuscitated Billy's World) and they all connect more or less. The best access points are off of Upper Wine Tree, right after the big double black rock roll on Wine Tree (which you can ride around or down), is the entrance for Magic carpet, a great little trail that hooks you up with either Billy's World or Cliff Clavin. There is also a second entrance onto Cliff Clavin further down Wine tree.


Additionally, the trail crew has made an additional, easier way to get to area above Gronk/ hawleywood/ Trillium/ Billy Badger off of Sugarline to make more options for newer or more timid riders.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 4:01 Quote
Checked out cliff claven yesterday, so much fun. I’ve never experienced riding that much Loam, and the big roller was a blast too. I’m sure it will not last long!

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
I was up yesterday and missed Cliff Claven. Hopefully I'll get back next week. How would you say that CC compares to Billy Badger? BB is probably my favorite run on the hill.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
CC is nothing like Badger, more like a steep version of Wine Tree and a bit less steep than Too Easy when it was new. Some of the CC lines will be serious challenges once the loan gets blasted out... but until then its a legit NE loamer!

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
Runerider wrote:
CC is nothing like Badger, more like a steep version of Wine Tree and a bit less steep than Too Easy when it was new. Some of the CC lines will be serious challenges once the loan gets blasted out... but until then its a legit NE loamer!

Interesting. I'd heard wrong. A steep version of Wine Tree might be above my paygrade. Wine Tree is tough for me in a lot of sections.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 4:26 Quote
There are no large rocky drops or rolls that are commitments on it, its all just steep loam and one rock roller with a go around. Honestly hit it now before the loam is gone, its so rarer in newengland to see that much, like others said it will be a tough trail once its gone and when its gone its gone for good.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
There are no large rocky drops or rolls that are commitments on it, its all just steep loam and one rock roller with a go around. Honestly hit it now before the loam is gone, its so rarer in newengland to see that much, like others said it will be a tough trail once its gone and when its gone its gone for good.


There's some talk about adding wooden ramps to the bottom of those big rollers to off-set the wear and tear. Which would be awesome IMHO.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
One of my favorite riders and fellow son of Jersey hits the new Fort Hill Trail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unDgHbLkyJ0

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
Good to know. The bottom of some of them are already a little hairy!

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
MarcusBrody wrote:
Runerider wrote:
CC is nothing like Badger, more like a steep version of Wine Tree and a bit less steep than Too Easy when it was new. Some of the CC lines will be serious challenges once the loan gets blasted out... but until then its a legit NE loamer!

Interesting. I'd heard wrong. A steep version of Wine Tree might be above my paygrade. Wine Tree is tough for me in a lot of sections.

Thanks!

Yeah, the confusion is that there was plans for a 'Billy Badger' like trail to be built on that side from top top bottom...it hasn't happened yet, but I believe it is still in the planning.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
Thanks, Superbman, that must have been where I got the idea.

I'll have to try to get up and ride Cliff Clavin before it gets too ridden in and blown out. But I'd also love a top to bottom Billy Badger-esque trail in the future as well. I really enjoy the hybrid natural/flow stuff.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Looks like the next drop/gap wooden roller coaster will open this week???

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009430
Mobile Version of Website