Burping on Stanz wheels with maxxis minion

PB Forum :: Downhill
Burping on Stanz wheels with maxxis minion
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 17:41 Quote
I'am new to running tubeless, so I don't know much. But I'm running Stanz ZTR Flow Ex with Maxxis Minion DHR II tires on my 2011 demo. I have had the tire burp off twice now on the rear wheel, one going through rock garden and another in a berm. I am running the proper amount of sealant suggested, but its still burping off the wheel. Any advice to prevent this would be helpful, i was also thinking about just going back to tubes.

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 18:07 Quote
Likely low pressure. I had no problems at the park on the 29er running flow ex rims and continentals.

To determine a starting tire pressure when running NoTubes tires with our ZTR rim use this simple formula.

Rider Weight in pounds divided by 7 = x

x - 1 = Front tire pressure in PSI

x + 2 = Rear tire pressure in PSI

Example: 185lb rider

185/7 = 26.4

Front tire pressure: 26 - 1 = 25 PSI

Rear tire pressure: 26 + 2 = 28 PSI

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 18:20 Quote
pcloadletter wrote:
Likely low pressure. I had no problems at the park on the 29er running flow ex rims and continentals.

To determine a starting tire pressure when running NoTubes tires with our ZTR rim use this simple formula.

185/7 = 26.4

thanks, I will give that a shot, but I had just put air in the tire before riding and it still came of the wheel.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 3:07 Quote
I would like to know if the TR version is more likely to stay in place. My Conti Trail king Pro is usually wet around the rear bead after a hard ride. I certainly do not want to go from bad to worse.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 8:05 Quote
ttchad wrote:
I would like to know if the TR version is more likely to stay in place. My Conti Trail king Pro is usually wet around the rear bead after a hard ride. I certainly do not want to go from bad to worse.
i use the tr version on flows,not burped once,that's riding DH tracks and bike parks,fit and forget as they say

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 22:39 Quote
markwalter wrote:
pcloadletter wrote:

185/7 = 26.4

thanks, I will give that a shot, but I had just put air in the tire before riding and it still came of the wheel.

Do you know what pressure you were running?

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 7:17 Quote
bartonz20let wrote:
markwalter wrote:
pcloadletter wrote:

185/7 = 26.4

No idea, I need to buy a pressure gauge

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
markwalter wrote:
bartonz20let wrote:
markwalter wrote:

No idea, I need to buy a pressure gauge

Yeh, that was kinda my point, 26psi in mine and they feel rock hard, could never get em right without a gauge.

Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 15:13 Quote
Seems like no matter what you are going to have a tire burp unless you are riding rock hard tires. If im at the park ill start the day off with a hard tire and by lunch i have to put more air in. Worst I ever had it was during a race run by the time i got to the bottom the tire was pretty bouncy.

Seems the stiffer the sidewall the easier the tire will burp, but thats a fair trade off vs ripping a tire instantly.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 24, 2015 at 16:06 Quote
Depends on casing as well as far as what pressure feels like. I run about 30/32 front/rear on DHF's on my trail and downhill bike, but the trail is EXO and DH is dual ply. The DH tires "feel" much stiffer in corners and like they are higher pressure because of the tire casing.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014142
Mobile Version of Website