2014 Intense Tracer 275 lower linkage collects dirt

PB Forum :: Intense
2014 Intense Tracer 275 lower linkage collects dirt
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 22:11 Quote
Just got the Intense Tracer 275 and on my first ride a little rock got stuck in the lower linkage and gouged the crap out of my brand new frame. As you can imagine I was not happy. Are there any solutions? Has Intense addressed the problem at all?

Also on the same ride a slug got stuck in there too! That was a fun one to remove.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
That's part of mtb'ing though isn't it.

rocks, stones, dirt, even slugs.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 11:48 Quote
I have a 13 Tracer 275 and my lower linkage does the same and there are some nice chunks taken out of it. Looks like a design flaw of some sort what I did to minimize the amount of rocks getting tossed in there was to take a flexible fender and cut it down to fit in my swing arm. Worked out pretty well will post a pic of it later if you want.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 6:55 Quote
Yeah i'm interested in what solutions have been rigged up for this. I've just been very careful to clean out that area after every ride (I blast high pressure water through the bottom of that space and so far it has dislodged anything that has gotten in there. But a preventative solution would be better.

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 18:50 Quote
Here is a few pictures of the flexible fender in the swing arm. I had to trim the top and sides of the fender to fit but it works pretty well. Hope it helps.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 10:21 Quote
Thanks! I will give it a shot.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2015 at 13:53 Quote
I ended up using an old motocross mud trick: I stuffed a bit of sponge down into the gap and boom - no more rocks!

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 22:08 Quote
jboy wrote:
I ended up using an old motocross mud trick: I stuffed a bit of sponge down into the gap and boom - no more rocks!
That's what I was going to say, moto foam or something like that.

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 6:42 Quote
Hi guys. Just getting myself a 2013 275 tracer, will definitely be doing the rear fender trick to stop any lower link damage. But what chain devices are you guys using? Was hoping to utilise the front mech mount rather than the iscg tabs. Thanks in advance. tup

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017071
Mobile Version of Website