BEST FORKS FOR UNDURO AND TRAIL!?!?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
BEST FORKS FOR UNDURO AND TRAIL!?!?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 12:05 Quote
Hey pinkbike! Well I'm buying a new 2015 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Evo 27.5 and I'm buying the frame with the rear shocks witch are fox and I'm curious to what forks I should buy for my bike because I'm more of an endure and trail rider. What are your opinions on which are the best for what I'm looking for?

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
PIKE!!!!!

PIKE ALL THE THINGS!!!!!!

seriously though the pike is a stupid awesome fork.

beefy stanchions and uber stiff.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 14:33 Quote
Pike. Performance/reliability /price ratio is simply unbeatable. And there a doddle to self service.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
Alright thanks guys and also what specifically does anybody know that makes them way better than the new foxes

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
Pike or mattoc.

Fox its good, but i feel better with pike or mattoc.

Tbh, i like mattoc a little bit than pike. It seems more supportive and bottomless. But its easier to maintain pike imo. It would be not a big thing if you don't service your fork by yourself.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 22:41 Quote
I've ridden a bunch on the Pike, the 2015.5 Fox 36, and the 2014 BOS Deville.
The Fox is quite a bit better than either the Pike or the Deville, which are both very nice forks. The Fox took me a ride or two to dial in. I added a token, and fine tuned it a bit, then holy shit. It's close to a DH fork feel. Very stiff, and when the going gets gnarly it's so composed. Amazing fork.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 0:02 Quote
Out of curiosity what is the price difference in the US from the Fox 36 and pike. In UK foxes are pretty much double the cost to buy. Never ridden the new 36 but I don't doubt that it's a better fork. But no way it's twice as good

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 2:56 Quote
cptstoney wrote:
PIKE!!!!!

PIKE ALL THE THINGS!!!!!!

This

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 7:52 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
Pike. Performance/reliability /price ratio is simply unbeatable. And there a doddle to self service.
reliability?

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
Out of curiosity what is the price difference in the US from the Fox 36 and pike. In UK foxes are pretty much double the cost to buy. Never ridden the new 36 but I don't doubt that it's a better fork. But no way it's twice as good
If you buy the foxes used they are always like 300 dollars more expensive than the pikes. And if you buy them brand new it's like 200-400 dollar difference and the pikes perform the same or even better than the foxes but depends on what type riding you do and what kind of setup you have.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 9:07 Quote
A friend of mine,who has a bike shop and is an authorised fox service an sales centre,would only have fox suspension on his bikes,he tried an x fusion sweep roughcut damper,at a trade expo,and says its stunning.he runs them on his pivot now.just another option folks

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 10:10 Quote
The fox is more expensive, but I found it to be worth it. I got it at Suspensionwerx in North Vancouver. They know how to set them up really well.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
I nearly wanted to ask if we did't forget the X-fusion sweep but i just saw someone mentioned it.Friend of mine says it's off the hook. But, I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, so 'Pike all the way'!

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006248
Mobile Version of Website