SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 10:23 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
crazbiker4 wrote:
RMWB wrote:
Got out for my first ride on my new Scout. Tenquille Lake BC. Coming from a longer travel bike I'm simply amazed at how capable this bike is.
Scout at Tenquille Lake

Nice Pic!!

I agree, I think this is the bike I always wanted but no one made it. There were bikes that were close but the geo was not quite there....

Here's mine, i keep getting faster on it, i like it really squishy, i added one band to the shock, might try another but it's riding so well i don't want to upset it ! It's frikkin amazing, jumps better than any bike i've owned, i also own a Capra, the only thing that does better is go downhill.
It's Stealth Black, the Pikes have no sag markings, for some reason i've started adding blue to it
photo

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 13:18 Quote
pigman65 wrote:

Here's mine, i keep getting faster on it, i like it really squishy, i added one band to the shock, might try another but it's riding so well i don't want to upset it ! It's frikkin amazing, jumps better than any bike i've owned, i also own a Capra, the only thing that does better is go downhill.
It's Stealth Black, the Pikes have no sag markings, for some reason i've started adding blue to it
photo

My Pikes don't have sag markings either. how'd you get a stealth black frame?

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 15:55 Quote
RMWB wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

photo

My Pikes don't have sag markings either. how'd you get a stealth black frame?
That's how it came ,just an abnormality ?

Posted: Nov 5, 2015 at 18:56 Quote
Saving up to Buy a Scout this spring Big Grin - or sooner if my DH bike sells. Question for you guys - How does the scout handle steep climbs ? My local trails have lots of short but steep climbs and decents. Last ride was a spec Enduro and I'm looking for a better climber with similar geo.

Posted: Nov 5, 2015 at 23:39 Quote
mountainman24 wrote:
Saving up to Buy a Scout this spring Big Grin - or sooner if my DH bike sells. Question for you guys - How does the scout handle steep climbs ? My local trails have lots of short but steep climbs and decents. Last ride was a spec Enduro and I'm looking for a better climber with similar geo.
It climbs as good as my Bronson C ever did.
It's the best bike ever

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 0:02 Quote
Milesos wrote:
mountainman24 wrote:
It's the best bike ever
I'd say it's quite an aggressive climber , definitely not a plodder

FL
Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 5:29 Quote
Climbs well. Seems to have loads of grip!

You won't be disappointed!

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 5:39 Quote
Milesos wrote:
mountainman24 wrote:
It's the best bike ever

Great Climber, just make sure the sag is on point (33% or 17mm). I was actually running 30% and could tell between 33% and 30%... 33% was better all around and I think with my weight it was like 190psi vs 200psi or a 10psi difference so its somewhat significant.

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 8:15 Quote
crazbiker4 wrote:
Milesos wrote:
mountainman24 wrote:
It's the best bike ever

Great Climber, just make sure the sag is on point (33% or 17mm). I was actually running 30% and could tell between 33% and 30%... 33% was better all around and I think with my weight it was like 190psi vs 200psi or a 10psi difference so its somewhat significant.
Yeah, i definitely like it softer than normal, not certain if it is the best bike ever but i'll tag along with that lol

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 13:46 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
crazbiker4 wrote:
Milesos wrote:

It's the best bike ever

Yeah, i definitely like it softer than normal, not certain if it is the best bike ever but i'll tag along with that lol

Good to Hear - I'll post up some pics when i get it

Posted: Nov 10, 2015 at 8:04 Quote
Loving the scout!

photo

photo

Posted: Nov 11, 2015 at 11:21 Quote
Lads new to forum

So not sure if this has been asked. But has anybody heard of or seen a scout been run with a 160mm fork.

I have a Capra and I want to buy a scout frame for winter riding but I don't want to lower my forks or buy new ones

Am guessing it will just slacken the head angle a couple of degrees

Posted: Nov 11, 2015 at 16:27 Quote
dartmoor-shine wrote:
Lads new to forum

So not sure if this has been asked. But has anybody heard of or seen a scout been run with a 160mm fork.

I have a Capra and I want to buy a scout frame for winter riding but I don't want to lower my forks or buy new ones

Seems a tad excessive, but then my Capra's got 170's !

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2015 at 22:48 Quote
dartmoor-shine wrote:
Lads new to forum

I'm running 150 myself since that is what was on my Bronson. Here are the numbers with a 160.

66.1 deg head angle, 74 deg seat tube angle, -17.4 BB drop

Rumour has it that some of the Transition employees run their Scouts with a 160 fork.

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 9:25 Quote
love my scout, 2015 medium,
thinking about extending the 140forks to 150, I have 1 spacer in the pike and 5 in the monarch, 5 seems a bit much, and 1 spacer is not quite enough.

how many spacers are people running?
anyone tried cutting a pike spacer in half?
does 10mm in the fork really make a big difference, since the sag takes a bit of the head angle away?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017775
Mobile Version of Website