SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
poteran wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
fielonator wrote:

It's really a worthwhile upgrade, even if it ends up being an experiment. My scout is like a dh bike on steep stuff, so comfortable knowing the front wheel isn't going to disappear underneath. Going fast feels better too, and it doesn't seem to climb any worse.

It's only one part to change too so it's easy to put back to normal if you can use tools.
I'm still trying to dial my cc inline air in, rides too tall for my liking. Should have left the coil on .
Defo trying this out

Purchased a Works -2. Yes my Scout is my DH bike too haha

What's the verdict?

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
fielonator wrote:
poteran wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

I'm still trying to dial my cc inline air in, rides too tall for my liking. Should have left the coil on .
Defo trying this out

What's the verdict?

Still waiting for it to arrive in USA from UK.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 22:57 Quote
which works headset did you get. there are so many options I don't want to get the wrong one.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
Am I missing out here? Never felt the scout needed this upgrade? What does it do to other characteristics- climbing, all round riding? Does it not push the front wheel out there?

After riding a 65degree headset 160 bike I love how the scout feels

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
My feeling is that the scout doesn’t sag in as far as your 160mm bikes do. So, like the exaggerated low bb, I think it feels better to exaggerate the head angle for certain terrain. It feels more sporty due to the angles and lesser travel...Although some do use it on trails that demand 160mmSmile

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
jamesdippy wrote:
Am I missing out here? Never felt the scout needed this upgrade? What does it do to other characteristics- climbing, all round riding? Does it not push the front wheel out there?

After riding a 65degree headset 160 bike I love how the scout feels

I decided to try it when the sbg frames were released. I've now got a 64.5 degree head angle with a 150mm fork. It feels like it wants to carve turns better than before, and is much calmer on steep stuff. It was the steep stuff i was mainly bothered with as my bum hole starts to pucker a bit when trails get really steep.

I expected climbing and jumping to suffer a bit, and it was a bit of an experiment. I found that climbing on the trails i usually ride (steep fire roads, not techy climbs) was pretty much the same as before, as was jumping. Handling on twisty singletrack hasn't suffered either, so it's a win for me.

I liked the bike before, but for me the slacker front end is a plus worth having.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Sebc84 wrote:
which works headset did you get. there are so many options I don't want to get the wrong one.

2.0 Degree EC44-ZS56 Angle Headset - Headtube Length: 110-119mm

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
Got a spare mech hanger for sale if anyone is looking for one in the UK... https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2557175/

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Scout update and story about an awesome LBS:

Sent my Monarch RT3 in to my LBS for standard service after it started making a whooshing sound. Turns out the internal tuning shaft was scarred and would need to be replaced. My LBS called and told me that Rockshox wouldn't sell a replacement for the internal shaft and that I'd need to replace the entire shock. Instead going ahead with that, my LBS called their Fox rep and got me a deal on a 2019 Float DPS Factory! So stoked. Ended up getting a complete shock upgrade for the same price as a service. Anyone have experience on the Fox Float DPS Factory?

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
Does anybody know what the latest scout rumors are? Not much currently available so curious if something fun is coming

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
MArmstrong3 wrote:
Does anybody know what the latest scout rumors are? Not much currently available so curious if something fun is coming

Rockets.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
poteran wrote:
fielonator wrote:
poteran wrote:

What's the verdict?

Still waiting for it to arrive in USA from UK.
Update: Solid few rides in. Way better in the gnarlier rock gardens and chunk. Lots of new lines opened up for me on DH trails i have ridden before! Very slightly noticeable negatives when climbing but everything else very good so im going to leave it on permanently until the day i pull the trigger on something like a Patrol or Sentinel.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
Scout at Tenquille Lake
Well looks like I'm done on the Scout. I pulled the trigger on a 2018 Sentinel today. This has probably been my favorite bike and also the one I've owned the longest. Ridden up and down the Sea To Sky Vermont, Quebec, and my home trails in Ottawa. It's hardly recognizable as a stock build anymore. Warrantied the front triangle and chainstay. I couldn't be happier with the customer service from Transition. Hopefully, it'll end up in a good home.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
Transition bikes are just soooo damn fun to ride, can’t do any wrong with the Sentinel!

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
I LOVE my Scout! But has anyone upped the volume spacers on their 2019 GX? I'm running a the lesser end of the recommended sag but still feel like I could use more progression. I would either go up to the 0.8 or 1.0.
Any experience with this would be rad!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017903
Mobile Version of Website