SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 16:32 Quote
Any inside word on 2020 Scout, maybe a carbon offering?

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
Number29 wrote:

Interested to see what they go with this year. Please please go light small flicky 130 rear 140 front again

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 3:44 Quote
jamesdippy wrote:
Number29 wrote:

Interested to see what they go with this year. Please please go light small flicky 130 rear 140 front again

Less travel is the only way unless they go bigger through the whole range or change the suspension design. I'd like to see a 125mm or less sbg frame, loads more tyre clearance for 27.5" wheels, perhaps bamboo, a unicorn colour scheme, and some rockets. It'd be nice if it was a bit cheaper too, but that's as likely as the rockets and the unicorn.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
I’d like more progression or a coil specific link option. A bit more room in the seat tube for the longest dropper to be slammed. And rockets! Otherwise it’s pretty good as is.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
fielonator wrote:
jamesdippy wrote:
Number29 wrote:

Less travel is the only way unless they go bigger through the whole range or change the suspension design. I'd like to see a 125mm or less sbg frame, loads more tyre clearance for 27.5" wheels, perhaps bamboo, a unicorn colour scheme, and some rockets. It'd be nice if it was a bit cheaper too, but that's as likely as the rockets and the unicorn.

This!! My man !!

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
jamesdippy wrote:
Number29 wrote:

Yeah, the original scout was bang on! The SBG model just seems needlessly overbuilt.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
jamesdippy wrote:
Number29 wrote:

Yeah, the original scout was bang on! The SBG model just seems needlessly overbuilt.

I found it odd they'd gone the beefier route with the new model, instead of refining what was already a great frame. Maybe that was what their focus group said we wanted. Who knows what kind of crazies end up in a focus group for Transition, i expect beer was involved at some point.

I'd also like to see some kind of adjustable geometry like the tr250 had. This doesn't really fit with the giddy-up philosophy, but it's a tinkerers dream. Changing dropout position, travel and head angle with flip chips is fun if you like that sort of thing. For the US/Canadian market perhaps the ability to run a track instead of a rear wheel would be useful.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Very interesting. -

+1 for adjustable geo and +1 for going back to smaller travel

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:

I dunno if it was needless - I broke my OG one. People were doing some dumb stuff on them. But perhaps some middle ground between the OG and the SBG version.

They never released a carbon version unfortunately - I guess the OG carbon version may not have sold well or something. I didn't want a 4kg trail bike frame so I went with the Patrol carbon instead and I've found it works pretty well anyway.

Will hold out and see what they do with the Scout. Its still a more ideal bike for most people IMHO.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
Yeah they seemed to overload the Scout releases and the carbon one just got lost.
I got one half price but still think my 15 was a lot better.
+1 for Rockets btw Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
Went to the Transition Demo in my area and I asked “what happened to the carbon Scout?” The reply was they got something cooking for 2020 Scout.....no details but the way it was described the new Scout is going to be more like the original with a few tweaks to make it more awesome than ever!!!!!!

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Supergo wrote:
.............like the original with a few tweaks to make it more awesome than ever!!!!!!

Sounds like rockets to me!

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 4:38 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Supergo wrote:
.............like the original with a few tweaks to make it more awesome than ever!!!!!!

Sounds like rockets to me!

Carbon Rocket!

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
I didn't find anything about water bottle in the thread. So what water bottle is maximus for 19 Scout in size M? I'm thinking about Fidlock magnetic 600ml or any other around 700ml, any thoughts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013643
Mobile Version of Website