SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Author Message
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
I have a 1000 liter on my 17 scout. I would assume any you listed would be more than fine, since the front triangle/shock mount didnt change much in 2019.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 1:27 Quote
Slapnutz wrote:
I have a 1000 liter on my 17 scout. I would assume any you listed would be more than fine, since the front triangle/shock mount didnt change much in 2019.
Cool, thanks.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
So, got the urge to try out 29" wheels, and thinking about a Smuggler. However for budgeting, whats the going rate on a Scout (Large) 2015 model?

All suspension/dropper serviced and all bearings replaced with Enduro bearings (Frame, Hubs,BB) at the end of winter 2019.

Transition Scout Large Limeade (with Invisi Frame)

Rock ShoxPike RTC 3 140mm 42mm offset

Headset HopeHope Pick n Mix (Upper ZS 44/28.6, Lower ZS 56/40)

Stem Race Face Chester (50mm)

Bars Race Face Chester (740mm/25mm)

Grips Ergon GA1 (Aqua)

Shifters Shimano XT M780 10 speed Trigger i SpecB

F Brake Shimano XT M785 180mm

R Brake Shimano XT M785 180mm

F Wheel Hope Hope Hoops Pro 2 EVO - Tech Enduro (Blue Hub)

R Wheel Hope Hoops Pro 2 EVO - Tech Enduro (Blue Hub) X12 142x12

Tyres Continental Trail King Apex Protection - 27.5x2.4 Tubeless

Seat Post Rock ShoxReverb Stealth 150mm drop

Saddle Ergon SMA Ti Blue

Bottom Bracket Hope Blue

XT M785 Double Black 38/24 175mm 104/64 PCD four-arm

DerailleurShimanoXT M785 Direct Fit E2 2x10R

DerailleurShimanoXT M786 Shadow+ 10spd Black GS

Cassette ShimanoXT M771 11-36t

Chain KMC

Seat Clamp Hope Bolt (Blue)

Let me know your thoughts! (UK)

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
Are the 2019 scout frames holding their paint well? I remember the older frames were chipping like crazy.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
What about news on the 2020 ones... I'm excited!

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
tantrum007 wrote:
Are the 2019 scout frames holding their paint well? I remember the older frames were chipping like crazy.
My 2018 is holding up ok, usual areas near the chain, and my heel has worn the paint on the chainstay.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 2:10 Quote

Late to the party...

Picked up a used 2017 frame for USD$350, great condition. Pulled apart my hardtail (sorry fella) for a quick and easy build.

Mattoc Pro @140, XT drivetrain and brakes, Stans Arch MK3 etc - nothing fancy, but solid kit.

Anyway, what else is there to say? What a ridiculously fun and capable little bike, hard to believe it's a 5 year old design.

I'm trading down from an SBG Smuggler, but as a fairly short bloke who likes to pop and weave, "regressing" to 27.5 and OG Scout geometry has felt pretty bloody amazing so far. Might experiment with 150 fork and angleset at some point, but for now the stock geometry feels really dialled.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
Great buy!!! I’m always amazed and completely satisfied after a rip on the Scout! You’ll continue to love that machine!

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 4:29 Quote
Anyone tried to mullet their Scout?


Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 1:40 Quote
I had a muck around with it on a 140mm fork for a few rides. Increased front wheel rollover felt good though difficult to differentiate when you're biased and wanting it to work!

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
anti-faff wrote:
I had a muck around with it on a 140mm fork for a few rides. Increased front wheel rollover felt good though difficult to differentiate when you're biased and wanting it to work!

Yeah, kool-aid effect. Wink

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
Does anyone know if I can run a 57mm stroke shock on the 2018/19 SCOUT. My Cane Creek IL coil comes with a 2mm spacer and to give it the 55mm.
Thanks.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 12:23 Quote

Here is my 18 Scout, really liking the bike with the coil, have 160 up front as well.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
Looks amazing...however is this not just a Patrol now?

David9180 wrote:

Here is my 18 Scout, really liking the bike with the coil, have 160 up front as well.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
David9180 wrote:
Does anyone know if I can run a 57mm stroke shock on the 2018/19 SCOUT. My Cane Creek IL coil comes with a 2mm spacer and to give it the 55mm.
Thanks.

Your eye-to-eye is the same? Have you cycled the suspension without the coil to see if anything bind or rub?

Interested in switching to a coil. After seeing your bike would be nice to get that extra 10mm travel.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012006
Mobile Version of Website