SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 1:48 Quote
Angleset is a better option imho, go up 10mm in travel, slacken off 2° and the rest of the geo stays pretty much the same.

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 3:39 Quote
Thanks boys. Getting them in this weekend. Let you know how it feels

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 6:05 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
Angleset is a better option imho, go up 10mm in travel, slacken off 2° and the rest of the geo stays pretty much the same.

This is my current setup. I want to put it back to normal just to see what it was like, but just can't be bothered doing the work. Especially as i'm pretty sure I'd put it straight back to slack/long mode.

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
Just Installed offset bushings on my scout , hopefully the weather and all will clear soon.

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 11:37 Quote
So, not really a proper ride but just been out to see how the offset bushes feel. If I'm honest the only thing I noticed was the bars feeling a bit higher (more like me sinking into the bike more).

Keeping it this way and will report back! A cheap way of jazzing up an old bike

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
I’ve been using offsets on my 2017 since day 1. I like a low bb and if you are a taller rider, gets your center of gravity lower. Currently settled in 1 offset and less sag, but when I want more support/less sag on flatter terrain I throw on the second bushing. If you regularly have pedal strikes...watch out. Low bb is easy to adjust to, but some folks hit once and curse the bushings.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 10:06 Quote
I should also note that the bushings really help out with a coil shock as I have to really over spring to keep the bike from bottoming.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Nice one slapnuts, just had a good ride out whilst self isolating in the woods and yes I notice a change. Slapping corners better and generally feels nice. Even if it's placebo effect, they are Staying in!
Stay safe everyone

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Anybody on here tried a 216x63 in their v2?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006277
Mobile Version of Website