SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 12:26 Quote
Anyone heard anything on a 2020 Alloy Scout.

Posted: Sep 11, 2020 at 12:38 Quote
jozz wrote:
tantrum007 wrote:
Anyone think the 2020 scout is too much bike for regular trail riding?

We all wish there would be a bike between the Spur and Scout.

Depends on what your local trails are. Mine are steep, loamy, rooty and catch bermy. Hardly any rocks, So scout is perfect!

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
jozz wrote:
tantrum007 wrote:
Anyone think the 2020 scout is too much bike for regular trail riding?

We all wish there would be a bike between the Spur and Scout.

Depends on what your local trails are. Mine are steep, loamy, rooty and catch bermy. Hardly any rocks, So scout is perfect!

They are the same as you with a lot of boulders, rocks and drops, and are riding great with my 2017 "short travel" light framed Scout. Would they still ride great with the current Scout, probably. But I also like do do long epic 30-50km rides also on more old school type of trails... that is where I think the new gen Scout would be too much bike. Spur would be perfect for that, but maybe not on our steep and gnarly trails... just undecided on what bike to get next year... I'd like to stay with Transition.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
brassmonkayy wrote:
chazmann wrote:
brassmonkayy wrote:

I'm liking it a lot. The same responsiveness as the Evil Calling it replaced, but the steeper seat tube angle made it more comfortable for me in terms of pedaling and climbing. The Scout is a size medium and I really like the reach on it compared to the size small Calling I had and, in retrospect, makes me wonder how much better a medium Calling would've fit. I have shorter legs and a longer torso so the longer reach and shorter seatpost combo on the Scout definitely fits me better. The one thing that took some getting used to was the longer wheelbase and having to make sure it take tighter corners a bit wider. Overall, it's currently one of my favorite bikes.

Looks rad! What travel configuration you running? Standard or longer?

Currently running it in the standard 150/140 setup. I can easily swap/remove travel spacers in the fork and shock if I'm going somewhere I might need the extra travel. I'm wondering how different a 150/150 or 160/150 setup would feel.

If you remove travel spacers from the shock to extend the stroke length, does that not also change the eye to eye length? Picking up my Scout next weekend and would like to convert to 160/150 but assumed I'd need another shock.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 9:01 Quote
benchall wrote:
brassmonkayy wrote:
chazmann wrote:

Looks rad! What travel configuration you running? Standard or longer?

Currently running it in the standard 150/140 setup. I can easily swap/remove travel spacers in the fork and shock if I'm going somewhere I might need the extra travel. I'm wondering how different a 150/150 or 160/150 setup would feel.

If you remove travel spacers from the shock to extend the stroke length, does that not also change the eye to eye length? .

Nope. E2e stays same

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
Anyone else get a lot of creaking coming from the main pivot? Mk 1 scout, the spot with the annoying collet bit that gets stuck in. I went through everything to cure the latest noisiness until i finally gave up and wrestled the collet apart. Sorted the noise out, I'm sure I've been here before.

I rides lovely now it's all fresh and clean around the moving bits.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Never had that, but then again I can’t here anything over the sound of my knees creaking!

One thing I would say is make sure the derailleur / Drive side drop out Retaining nut gets moved / greased from time to time. Just went to replace my cracked seat stay and it was seized.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 21:26 Quote
Have any of the current scout owners, 2020 Carbon version, thought about putting on a coil shock?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 4:16 Quote
Ont26Rider wrote:

Anyone?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 4:21 Quote
mototonto wrote:
Ont26Rider wrote:

Anyone?

I saw a post on insta where someone asked this question re the new Tranny models (scout, spur, sentinel) and Transition came back saying that they have not forgotten about alu frame / the cheaper price point and to watch this space....

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 5:40 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
mototonto wrote:
Ont26Rider wrote:

Anyone?

I saw a post on insta where someone asked this question re the new Tranny models (scout, spur, sentinel) and Transition came back saying that they have not forgotten about alu frame / the cheaper price point and to watch this space....

I saw that on Insta and made me very excited, price point should be a lot more reasonable. Can't wait.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 0:15 Quote
modjoe23 wrote:
Have any of the current scout owners, 2020 Carbon version, thought about putting on a coil shock?

I put a SD Ultimate coil on mine. It's been awesome!

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Anyone else get a lot of creaking coming from the main pivot? Mk 1 scout, the spot with the annoying collet bit that gets stuck in. I went through everything to cure the latest noisiness until i finally gave up and wrestled the collet apart. Sorted the noise out, I'm sure I've been here before.

I rides lovely now it's all fresh and clean around the moving bits.

I always had to keep on top of my Mk. 1 main pivot. Same thing with my buddies Mk. 1 patrol.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:

This would be cool if the aesthetics carried over well.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006482
Mobile Version of Website