SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 13:14 Quote
Good news boys! Get the link on!!

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 0:34 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
falkyn wrote:
Rad!! Anyone have experience with this link on this or a Sentinel?? I am going to swap for a DHX2 as well. Any experience on the 2020 Scout??

I'm ordering one as we speak. I'm running a 205x60mm X2, so my rear travel should end up at 160mm, which conveniently is what my fork's travel is as well. Will post pics and impressions as soon as I have it in hand!

Rad - definitely be interested to hear your thoughts on the change in ride characteristics with the new link!

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 0:20 Quote
Cascade are making a link for the v2 scout too.
I've got one pre ordered.

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 3:01 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:

Any news on a release date?

Anyone know how they change the sentinels with these fitted?
Really considering ordering one of these

Just found the dates

USA - March 30th, 2021

UK - April 14th, 2021

EU - April 14th, 2021

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:

This exists already. I already have mine.

https://cascadecomponents.bike/collections/transition-linkages/products/scout-link-2020-to-present

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:

This exists already. I already have mine.

https://cascadecomponents.bike/collections/transition-linkages/products/scout-link-2020-to-present

That’s for the new v3 scout

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
aaronkr wrote:

Transition seems to imply there was only two versions of the Scout (in carbon at least):

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Support_Archive_Version.cfm?ID=32

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
V2 was only made in aluminum so yeah there's only 2 carbon versions.

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 9:19 Quote
orrider184 wrote:
V2 was only made in aluminum so yeah there's only 2 carbon versions.

Ah, that'd do it then. Transition seems to consider them distinct models.

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
aaronkr wrote:

Transition seems to imply there was only two versions of the Scout (in carbon at least):

https://www.transitionbikes.com/Support_Archive_Version.cfm?ID=32

How did it change the bike?

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 0:37 Quote
Has anyone had a knocking noise coming from the shock area/rear end of their 2020 Scout when going over rough ground? GX build with Super Deluxe. I’ve wrapped cables, new pedals, wrapped chainstay, serviced dropper, different back wheel and changed all the bearings but no difference. Thinking it may be the shock but wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and got to the bottom of it?

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 1:17 Quote
Shredlehem wrote:
Has anyone had a knocking noise coming from the shock area/rear end of their 2020 Scout when going over rough ground? GX build with Super Deluxe. I’ve wrapped cables, new pedals, wrapped chainstay, serviced dropper, different back wheel and changed all the bearings but no difference. Thinking it may be the shock but wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and got to the bottom of it?

If you've had a good year of riding it could be the shock bushings need changing. Unless you've got bearings, then it won't be. Worth giving all the nuts and bolts a little torque up too.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
It’s been there since the bike was new. I thought I’d be able to sort it but I’ve failed miserably. Trying to avoid sending the shock off as that means no bike but that looks like the final option.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 1:40 Quote
Shredlehem wrote:
It’s been there since the bike was new. I thought I’d be able to sort it but I’ve failed miserably. Trying to avoid sending the shock off as that means no bike but that looks like the final option.

Ah. Maybe try a little air side service, strip down, clean, regrease, rebuild. It's easy enough to do and doesn't take long. I don't know any specifics but if there's some kind of a top out bumper that's missing or failed this could cause knocking.

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 1:58 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Shredlehem wrote:

Ah. Maybe try a little air side service, strip down, clean, regrease, rebuild. It's easy enough to do and doesn't take long. I don't know any specifics but if there's some kind of a top out bumper that's missing or failed this could cause knocking.

I’ve tried this too. Put a little bit of electrical tape over the piston to keep the travel reducer in place but it made no difference. Think it needs sending off. Thanks anyway

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006840
Mobile Version of Website