SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
Lawwwdy lawwwrdy! Some nice scout’s up in this thread.!!

Currently on a new scout. 160 sprung lyrik and 150 dhx2 shock. Love it, but I’ve been thinking of going back to an air can. I used this scout at snowshoe bike park aNd ride all my local trails on it too, same set up. It’s awesome.

Does anyone have a better idea on an air shock for these? X2? DVO? Rock shox?

I’m not keen on these new high volume shocks.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 5:59 Quote
thrashin wrote:

Currently on a new scout. 160 sprung lyrik and 150 dhx2 shock. Love it, but I’ve been thinking of going back to an air can. I used this scout at snowshoe bike park aNd ride all my local trails on it too, same set up. It’s awesome.

None of these - Ext Storia coil. Best of both worlds...

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
thrashin wrote:

None of these - Ext Storia coil. Best of both worlds...

I’ll check into that. Thanks. seeing a few blown out carbon links and the new bikes on x2’s make me wonder if air would be better..?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
thrashin wrote:

Why not?

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Finally... nearly finished.
I still need to sort the rear brake hose so, borrowed the brake from another bike.
27.5 lbs

That weight figure is either wrong or incredibly impressive. Those alloy frames are not light (almost 9lbs if I remember right)

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
nojzilla wrote:
Finally... nearly finished.
I still need to sort the rear brake hose so, borrowed the brake from another bike.
27.5 lbs

That weight figure is either wrong or incredibly impressive. Those alloy frames are not light (almost 9lbs if I remember right)

Unless my scales are lying to me,quite possible but, there's only a 140 34 on there. That's lighter than most people's 36's I guess. An single ply tyres with no inserts. Those new XT cranks feel super light outta the box.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
thrashin wrote:

Why not?
Sorry “not Keen” as in “not smart” or up on. I’m interested in them, but I don’t know whats what. I’ve only really seen the x2. But I’m a rock shox fan and seen some nice dvo forks.just curious as to what is available.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 2:42 Quote
thrashin wrote:

Mine came fitted with the Rockshox super deluxe air shock, bike felt a fair bit more snappy than the DHX2 if that's what your looking for? could be down to setup as I'm not the best in that department, but the bike felt nowhere near as forgiving (for me) on the super deluxe (57.5 stroke also vs 62.5 on the DHX2)... would take the DHX2 over the super deluxe if I was riding the bike park.

I would imagine you'd be able to get an X2 air feeling exactly how you want it to, with the right tune and volume spacers though?

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
built my V3 Scout frame with fox 36 150 and x2 at 140.

even with my assegai and dhr combo the bike climbs pretty amazing. was pleasantly surprised. Very stable at high speeds.

enjoying the bike

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 20:51 Quote
Eloo37 wrote:
built my V3 Scout frame with fox 36 150 and x2 at 140.

even with my assegai and dhr combo the bike climbs pretty amazing. was pleasantly surprised. Very stable at high speeds.

enjoying the bike
mine arrived earlier this week and I'm really happy with it. climbs well and is a blast downhill. it's a lot more fun to ride than my reign was and corners really well.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006295
Mobile Version of Website