SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 2:01 Quote
orrider184 wrote:
Cascade link installed. You can run the super deluxe inverted. Also upped the fork to 160mm. Loving it so far.

I found with my sdlx ultimate I had to turn the compression knob to the diagonal and even then I only had 1mm of clearance at full compression

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 2:01 Quote
orrider184 wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
orrider184 wrote:
Just threw a cascade link on my v2 scout. What are you all thinking about making the fork 160. Making the bike 160/140

That's what I'm running.

Coil front and rear too... mini mini dh
What fork or your running? I was looking at the marzocchi coil. Think I might try to pick one up.

Smashpot lyrik

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 3:54 Quote
Has anyone tried the cascade link with a super deluxe on a V2 scout? They say there are compatibility issues with this combo, but was curious if anyone got it to work.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
carwash123 wrote:
Has anyone tried the cascade link with a super deluxe on a V2 scout? They say there are compatibility issues with this combo, but was curious if anyone got it to work.

Mine fit no problem, my frame is an XL so it does have more piggyback clearance than others, But it wasn't even close to contacting.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
carwash123 wrote:
Are you referring to the alloy 2018/19 version? I'm running it with the shock upside down with no problem. Right side up the rebound dial contacts the link

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
carwash123 wrote:

Mine fit no problem, my frame is an XL so it does have more piggyback clearance than others, But it wasn't even close to contacting.

Thanks! Mine is an XL also. To confirm, is yours the 2018/19 version?

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
orrider184 wrote:
carwash123 wrote:
Are you referring to the alloy 2018/19 version? I'm running it with the shock upside down with no problem. Right side up the rebound dial contacts the link

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, mine is 2018, XL. I never considered running out upside-down before.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
carwash123 wrote:
orrider184 wrote:
carwash123 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, mine is 2018, XL. I never considered running out upside-down before.
2019 xl. Haven't had any issues. Been about 6 months

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
carwash123 wrote:

Compression dial on my RCT/ultimate had to be set on the diagonal and only had 1mm clearance at full compression. Large alloy.

Posted: Sep 6, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
orrider184 wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:

That's what I'm running.

Coil front and rear too... mini mini dh
What fork or your running? I was looking at the marzocchi coil. Think I might try to pick one up.

Smashpot lyrik

How's the smashpot running? Great name, great on paper ........

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 3:19 Quote
fielonator wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
orrider184 wrote:

Smashpot lyrik

How's the smashpot running? Great name, great on paper ........

Definitely better than the air spring but the biggest difference was resizing the bushings. It's like butter now.

Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 14:57 Quote
Figured I'd add mine to the mix. I have 200 miles on her now and love it. Previous bike was a Spur which I also really enjoyed but I have way more fun on this Scout. Setup 140/150 for now. I have a 160mm air spring for the fork so I'm tempted to pick up a Cascade Link to run 155/160.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Built this up from a frameset. The stock X2 really impressed me, but I'm digging the mid-stroke support of coil.

The "Light Olive" was a bit too mil-spec for me, so I made some peach holofoil decals. Transition are awesome, the provide art files for the decals on their site. It made the whole process painless.

My pump mount wouldn't fit the chonky downtube, so I had to space it out using a metal plate. Anyone out there using a pump whose bracket fits?

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
ThermalAttorney wrote:
Anyone out there using a pump whose bracket fits?

Yup, the OneUp pump/bracket fit just fine.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 15:36 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
ThermalAttorney wrote:
Anyone out there using a pump whose bracket fits?

Yup, the OneUp pump/bracket fit just fine.

Thanks for the info!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010429
Mobile Version of Website