SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 0:21 Quote
photo

Here it is. Received and built up today. I do plan on cutting out the shock stroke limiter to bring it up to 150mm in the rear. Only got to ride it out on the sidewalk but taking the maiden voyage tomorrow afternoon.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
Even in less than ideal lighting conditions that raspberry color looks great.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
ThermalAttorney wrote:
Even in less than ideal lighting conditions that raspberry color looks great.

It’s got a kinda “burnt orange” hue to the red paint. I have to admit I wanted the black frame, but then I’d be replacing a black frame with another and big enduro bike is also black… so i had to mix it up.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
831SCB wrote:
photo

Here it is. Received and built up today. I do plan on cutting out the shock stroke limiter to bring it up to 150mm in the rear. Only got to ride it out on the sidewalk but taking the maiden voyage tomorrow afternoon.

Just be aware the seat angle under load does noticeably slacken. I have very long legs so found it better at 140mm overall - the better pedal performance outweighed the extra 10mm of travel.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
rich-2000 wrote:
831SCB wrote:
photo

Just be aware the seat angle under load does noticeably slacken. I have very long legs so found it better at 140mm overall - the better pedal performance outweighed the extra 10mm of travel.

You could just run the same mm amount of sag at 150 as you would at 140. Will feel the same except it will have an extra 10mm at the end of the stroke. There will be a marginal difference in progression with an air spring, but you can account for that with volume spacers.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 20:00 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
rich-2000 wrote:
831SCB wrote:

You could just run the same mm amount of sag at 150 as you would at 140. Will feel the same except it will have an extra 10mm at the end of the stroke. There will be a marginal difference in progression with an air spring, but you can account for that with volume spacers.
photo
Took the shock apart tonight. For anyone with a new Float X: the stroke limiter is no longer a metal washer around the damper shaft. They use these plastic “half washers” that screw into the internals. Now supposedly this is a 57.5mm stroke length from factory and 62.5 mm is the longest stroke that they make for this size shock. But I found 7.5 mm of stroke limiters inside? I removed 5mm or 2 x 2.5mm spacers and the shock now appears to be using full stroke length so I’m not sure what the extra 2.5 is. If you remove these, make sure to not cut the orangish foam bump stop that is now in place of where the old metal stroke limiter used to be. Nice thing with is if I choose to go back it’s a ten minute process

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
831SCB wrote:
photo

Definitely a fan of the Raspberry color. Curious how/when you ordered your frame; I ordered from Transition about an hour or so after the embargo lifted straight from Transitions site. Got an order number, says to expect shipment February 2022 (?). Curious to see if people are getting orders sooner than expected or on time/late.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
JDub713 wrote:
831SCB wrote:
photo

Definitely a fan of the Raspberry color. Curious how/when you ordered your frame; I ordered from Transition about an hour or so after the embargo lifted straight from Transitions site. Got an order number, says to expect shipment February 2022 (?). Curious to see if people are getting orders sooner than expected or on time/late.

Ordered via phone from transition on 10/11/21 received the frame on 10/14/21.

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 4:42 Quote
Interesting. I put my online order in September. Guess I'm gonna have to call in and see what happened to my frame Madder

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 17:29 Quote
Got my kid a XS Scout. Beautiful paint but wondering if there is like a pound of paint on it. Well over 9lbs on the scale. Was hoping it would weigh less than what is posted on the specs for a medium.
photo

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
Got my kid a XS Scout. Beautiful paint but wondering if there is like a pound of paint on it. Well over 9lbs on the scale. Was hoping it would weigh less than what is posted on the specs for a medium.
photo

He's a lucky boy. Better make sure he eats his Weetabix

Posted: Nov 19, 2021 at 1:20 Quote
Got my coilsprung Swedish Gold yesterday. 160 front and 150 in the back.

Some Swedish coilsprung gold mounted on the Scout

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017459
Mobile Version of Website