SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
Koroviev wrote:
831SCB wrote:
kingch24 wrote:

Medium for sure. I’m 5’8” and have demoed medium and large. The bikes ride smaller than their numbers suggest. Medium has 12mm longer reach than my current bike yet feels smaller.

I agree that it seems smaller than the numbers suggest. I have a 2021 NP Mega and a 2019 5010 which the scout replaced. My Mega and Scout are both longer on the numbers but feel smaller and shorter in the seated position.

Thank you very much @831SCB and @kingch -)
Let's compare my past and cuurent bikes. I had a 2019 Propain Tyee size S, it was also very small but i felt good on it with TTL 568mm, Reach 415mm, Stack 590mm. It felt smaller than my current Knolly Warden M with TTL 604mm, Reach 435, Stack 587mm. The Propain seems to be more similar ti the Scout, the Knolly feels more stable than the Propain. I'd like to have e more playful bike than my Knolly, because of this change. Very difficult without the opportunity to ride them.

Keep in mind the steep seat tube on the scout makes the cockpit small for the reach and top tube numbers.

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 at 23:03 Quote
why did i look at transition's site and see if by chance they had a scout in stock... well merry christmas to me, got one ordered to replace my 2018.

Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 2:54 Quote
kingch24 wrote:
Koroviev wrote:
831SCB wrote:

I agree that it seems smaller than the numbers suggest. I have a 2021 NP Mega and a 2019 5010 which the scout replaced. My Mega and Scout are both longer on the numbers but feel smaller and shorter in the seated position.

Let's compare my past and cuurent bikes. I had a 2019 Propain Tyee size S, it was also very small but i felt good on it with TTL 568mm, Reach 415mm, Stack 590mm. It felt smaller than my current Knolly Warden M with TTL 604mm, Reach 435, Stack 587mm. The Propain seems to be more similar ti the Scout, the Knolly feels more stable than the Propain. I'd like to have e more playful bike than my Knolly, because of this change. Very difficult without the opportunity to ride them.

Keep in mind the steep seat tube on the scout makes the cockpit small for the reach and top tube numbers.

In your opinion i wolud have too little space on the cockpit?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
Koroviev wrote:
kingch24 wrote:
Koroviev wrote:

In your opinion i wolud have too little space on the cockpit?

No I’m just saying when you’re comparing numbers you need to consider seat tube angle since a steeper seat tube will shorten the cockpit.

Posted: Dec 24, 2021 at 9:53 Quote
I purchased a alloy frame and start today to build it.

Unfortunately I had to realize that the wall thikness of the heat tube different ist. The headset is perfekt, i tried it on another bike. Can it cause problem?

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 11:18 Quote
It's thicker on the left than it is on the right?

That's definitely a manufacturer defect and possibly means your head tube isn't straight.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
Does anyone have or can measure the RAD length for a stock size small and/or medium Scout? I can't demo a small (or any size for that matter) so I'm just trying to get a Guage on how different a medium and a small are from my current bike.

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
Bikesbeersnburritos wrote:
Does anyone have or can measure the RAD length for a stock size small and/or medium Scout? I can't demo a small (or any size for that matter) so I'm just trying to get a Guage on how different a medium and a small are from my current bike.

What is the RAD length?

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 5:25 Quote
The angle line between reach an stack? I think?
Top of the H tube to BB

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
https://www.leelikesbikes.com/rad-bike-setup.html

Its Lee's recommended setup number.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
Thought I’d ask a stupid question here:
I have a carbon scout with code r brakes, I recently changed the brake pads. The front works great, but the rear is brick hard. It has power, but only a little bit of lever before locked up. Any way to fix this with out a bleed or is there a better process to follow?

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
thrashin wrote:
Thought I’d ask a stupid question here:
I have a carbon scout with code r brakes, I recently changed the brake pads. The front works great, but the rear is brick hard. It has power, but only a little bit of lever before locked up. Any way to fix this with out a bleed or is there a better process to follow?

Sounds like maybe pistons weren't fully reset before pads going in. Try pushing those in first. Sometimes they're stubborn. Another thing that sometimes helps if you really don't want to bleed it it is to clamp the lever down to lock brake (with a toe strap or something to that effect) and leave it overnight. If that doesn't work, they'll probably need a bleed.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
I tried shoving the pistons back in but apparently the rear was a bit more stubborn. I’ll give it another shot.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 11:46 Quote
cptkabelbinder wrote:
Bikesbeersnburritos wrote:

What is the RAD length?

Different seated/climbing or different dh handling? Compare those wheelbases, since I tend to ride trails that I built I find myself wondering how these significantly longer bikes are going to work out especially since I have no complaints with what I'm riding now.

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 14:56 Quote

Here’s how my scout sits now. Coming next week, reserve wheels

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027820
Mobile Version of Website