SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 4:01 Quote

Perfect socal weather lately!

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
Nice! Is that an Alloy NX? I picked one up in black this Spring and got out for my first real ride on it yesterday. Fun bike for sure, here are some clips from my ride!...

Views: 89    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
Gooseberry Mesa
XL Scout. Gooseberry Mesa, UT.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 4:00 Quote
bode wrote:
Nice! Is that an Alloy NX? I picked one up in black this Spring and got out for my first real ride on it yesterday. Fun bike for sure, here are some clips from my ride!...

Mine was a frame up build. I wanted to get something short/mid travel with 27.5 wheels and wouldn't require me to buy all new parts. All the component interfaces matched up with my Chromag Stylus frame, and was also one of the more cost effective options being alloy. Now I'm contemplating a carbon wheelset with a fast engagement hub Confused

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 12:54 Quote
JDub713 wrote:
bode wrote:

Mine was a frame up build. I wanted to get something short/mid travel with 27.5 wheels and wouldn't require me to buy all new parts. All the component interfaces matched up with my Chromag Stylus frame, and was also one of the more cost effective options being alloy. Now I'm contemplating a carbon wheelset with a fast engagement hub Confused

I’ve got a couple nice wheelsets for sale. Reserves with hydra, and i9 en355 with hydra

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 12:11 Quote

She's an oldie, but she's mine.

Still trying to get the shock to feel as good as the fork. Has anyone else ran a Monarch Plus on a 2017 Carbon Scout that would share some setup tips??

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 0:38 Quote
Finally got a nice shot of my 2022 NX Alloy Scout worth posting. Nothing fancy but boy does she shred!

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 17:58 Quote
I'm building up a frame I just ordered with a Marzocchi Z1 from my old throttle hardtail. I'm concerned about the longer offset fork though (44 vs recommended 37). Anyone built one up with a longer offset and if so seen any issues?

My understanding is the handling will be a bit less stable, but given how stable all my Transition bikes have been I'm not sure how much of an issue it really is.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
mtb-thetown wrote:
I'm building up a frame I just ordered with a Marzocchi Z1 from my old throttle hardtail. I'm concerned about the longer offset fork though (44 vs recommended 37). Anyone built one up with a longer offset and if so seen any issues?

My understanding is the handling will be a bit less stable, but given how stable all my Transition bikes have been I'm not sure how much of an issue it really is.

I had a 44mm rake fork on mine for the first few months. It wasn’t terrible, slightly more sluggish steering and slower low speed maneuverability. If you’re on the heavier side of the rider spectrum as I am, you’ll likely end up with the famous CSU creak due to the slack head angle and the weight application on that fork. Putting the wheel further out in front of the bike amplifies that awkward load. If I could change the geo I would steepen the head angle .5-1 degrees. You can see from my photos above there’s quite a bit of angle on the front end. I switched to a 37mm rake to get the specs right and now that CSU creaks too so maybe Fox’s CSUs are just crap

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
JDub713 wrote:
mtb-thetown wrote:

I had a 44mm rake fork on mine for the first few months. It wasn’t terrible, slightly more sluggish steering and slower low speed maneuverability.

I had a similar experience with a 46mm offset Pike vs. a 37mm offset Lyrik. The difference feels like an extra half degree slacker HTA. It's noticeable, but small and not worth switching to a different fork for.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 23:05 Quote
ThermalAttorney wrote:
JDub713 wrote:
mtb-thetown wrote:

I had a 44mm rake fork on mine for the first few months. It wasn’t terrible, slightly more sluggish steering and slower low speed maneuverability.

I had a similar experience with a 46mm offset Pike vs. a 37mm offset Lyrik. The difference feels like an extra half degree slacker HTA. It's noticeable, but small and not worth switching to a different fork for.

I appreciate the replies. My plan is to test it out, and see how it feels before I change anything. My friend has a 37mm fork I can try as well.

Here was Transition's helpful response:
Ideally the Scout would have a 37mm offset fork, but it is not 100% necessary. While each change you'd be making to the geo is small, collectively a fork with a longer offset will have a noticeable difference and make the bike feel like it has more sensitive steering and a bit less stable at speeds. However, your bike would still be totally rideable and still a lot of fun!

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 23:38 Quote

Been hunting for this frame for 8 months and it's finally here! Now if my old bike wasn't stuck in europe from a riding trip I could steal the parts from it... Anyways atleast I have the frame. Colour looks soo much better in person like I expected, the website photos doesn't do it justice. Didn't realize the copper was actually shiny and I dig it a lot lol.

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 15:47 Quote
Also snatched a black scout frame myself, out of stock next day lol, lucky

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
mountainmanmax wrote:
Also snatched a black scout frame myself, out of stock next day lol, lucky

I put mine in the cart on their site and kept browsing and it sold out, so I checked out the one in my cart and was relieved when it arrived

Posted: Jul 2, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
Haha you guys must have gotten the same in stock alert as me. I’ve had a large black alloy on alert for forever, it finally popped back up a few weeks ago but was sold out already by the time I got home. Got another notification like a week later and grabbed it right away.

Have I the frame all cabled up now, finishing it next week, mostly swapped from a custom Stumpjumper Evo build.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010685
Mobile Version of Website