SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
jakalwil wrote:
Haha you guys must have gotten the same in stock alert as me. I’ve had a large black alloy on alert for forever, it finally popped back up a few weeks ago but was sold out already by the time I got home. Got another notification like a week later and grabbed it right away.

Have I the frame all cabled up now, finishing it next week, mostly swapped from a custom Stumpjumper Evo build.

Same! Also a large, everybody else also a large? Wanted to go for the red but the ETA is unstable according to my LBS, 3 months more and could increase. Won't be able to build it up for another month while I wait for my bike to return to europe. Also a stumpjumper. Luckily my shop were the ones who alerted me and told me it was in stock at like 1am so I asked them to cop it for me ASAP since I was awake LOL

Was thinking about making the frame decals red, did it in photoshop, dunno what to do with the copper, maybe the same stuff.
[/Quote]

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:52 Quote

Here is my medium alloy build. I moved the parts over from a Throttle custom build I did about two years ago. Only two rides so far, but feels great and already dialing it in.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:54 Quote
Damn, pinkbike posted my post twice, I hit edit comment after man, stupid ass pinkbike.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:55 Quote
averagerug wrote:
jakalwil wrote:
Haha you guys must have gotten the same in stock alert as me. I’ve had a large black alloy on alert for forever, it finally popped back up a few weeks ago but was sold out already by the time I got home. Got another notification like a week later and grabbed it right away.

Have I the frame all cabled up now, finishing it next week, mostly swapped from a custom Stumpjumper Evo build.

Same! Also a large, everybody else also a large? Wanted to go for the red but the ETA is unstable according to my LBS, 3 months more and could increase. Won't be able to build it up for another month while I wait for my bike to return to europe. Also a stumpjumper.

Was thinking about making the frame decals red, did it in photoshop, dunno what to do with the copper, maybe the same stuff.

I was thinking of doing this, since I got orange decals for my alloy spire to match the factory 38. I thought it might be overkill but now that I see it, maybe I should go for it....

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
mtb-thetown wrote:
averagerug wrote:
jakalwil wrote:

Same! Also a large, everybody else also a large? Wanted to go for the red but the ETA is unstable according to my LBS, 3 months more and could increase. Won't be able to build it up for another month while I wait for my bike to return to europe. Also a stumpjumper.

I was thinking of doing this, since I got orange decals for my alloy spire to match the factory 38. I thought it might be overkill but now that I see it, maybe I should go for it....

It looks very sick! Gonna rock it as is for a bit when I do end up building up because f*ck airlines not allowing my bike to come home

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 9:36 Quote
How does everyone feel about the agility of the Scout? I’m currently on a Ripmo and was surprised that the reach and wheelbase between the two are almost identical.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 21:58 Quote
Day 10 at Whistler now on this XS Scout and my 12yo has confidently ridden it down all but a couple trails. Double black tech, A-Line/Dirt Merch laps, he loves them all. Running the fork at 160 and he says don't bother changing the rear to 150.

Posted: Jul 12, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
Saw this on the FB group and can confirm: The new 240mm OneUp post fits completely in the seat tube of XL carbon v2 Scouts.

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
It also fits with about 8mm sticking out on a large alloy scout. I'm a little over 6 ft and I have the 240mm with about 20mm out.

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
So, I've read through this forum and haven't found anything about building the scout up light. My wife is ready for a new pony. She's been on a 27.5 liv intrigue for the last 3 seasons. She demo'd a new 29er version and decided that bigger hoops are not for her, but she did love the steeper seat tube. The problem now is that there are not alot of 27.5 bikes left out there. Looking at the numbers a small scout built up light seems like a good option. Light, fast wheels and tires and a pike or 34 instead of the lyrik/36. Just wondering if anybody has done something similar??

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
fruitoftheloomis wrote:
So, I've read through this forum and haven't found anything about building the scout up light. My wife is ready for a new pony. She's been on a 27.5 liv intrigue for the last 3 seasons. She demo'd a new 29er version and decided that bigger hoops are not for her, but she did love the steeper seat tube. The problem now is that there are not alot of 27.5 bikes left out there. Looking at the numbers a small scout built up light seems like a good option. Light, fast wheels and tires and a pike or 34 instead of the lyrik/36. Just wondering if anybody has done something similar??

Pike would be fine honestly, bike will still handle like a long slack low kind of bike though due to the geo.

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 8:54 Quote
My lady's Scout (small) is just about 29lbs.
Lyrik, SD air rear shock,
Wheels/tires saved a lot of weight. Sram 900 hubs laced to WTB KOM light front rim, KOM tough rear, on Sapim lazer spokes and polyax alloy nipples. I think the wheelset was like 1550g. Tires are Kenda Regolith 2.4 rear and Hellkat 2.4 front.
Answer carbon bars, Raceface Aeffect cranks, GX drivetrain, brakes are older SLX m7000 with a Mt520 front caliper swapped in, 180mm SLX rotors.
Overall nothing wildly too fancy and the weight is still great.
Girlfriend s New Transition Scout size small

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
Great info, thanks!! My wife's bike would be pretty similar build.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
bode wrote:
Finally got a nice shot of my 2022 NX Alloy Scout worth posting. Nothing fancy but boy does she shred!
Nice looking trail too!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007314
Mobile Version of Website