What chain guard - heckler ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What chain guard - heckler ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 23:43 Quote
Can anyone give any advice on what chain guide and bash ring will fit my 2004 Santa Cruz heckler.
Thanks

Posted: Aug 12, 2015 at 7:54 Quote
Can anyone give any advice on what chain guide and bash ring will fit my 2004 Santa Cruz heckler.
Thanks

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 11:17 Quote
Chainguide compatibility always seems to be more confusing than it needs to be, since every frame model is slightly different. The first step is to figure out what mounting options are available - is your bike equipped with ISCG or ISCG-05 tabs? If it is, you'll see three mounting holes arranged around the bottom bracket shell. If not, which is the case with your Heckler, a bottom bracket or seat tube mounted guide are the only possible options.

The next step is to decide what type of retention you're looking for. Now that clutch type derailleurs and narrow-wide chainrings have become common, many riders are only running an upper guide, and forgoing the lower pulley wheel. Full bash guards have also decreased in popularity, superseded by taco style bash guards, the type that are mounted to the frame and extend just below the chainring teeth. Since it looks like you're running a clutch derailleur, I'd be tempted to start with something as simple as MRP's seat-tube mounted 1x guide and giving that a try for a few rides. If you find yourself smacking your chainring more often than you'd like, a BB mounted bashguard would be the next step.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015138
Mobile Version of Website