Visiting California in october, looking for suggestions on organised biking around LA.

PB Forum :: USA - West
Visiting California in october, looking for suggestions on organised biking around LA.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 2:53 Quote
Hi guys,
I will spent 1 week in LA in october. I will be able to "sacrifice" only 1 day for biking-so no chance to look for wild trails:-(( Can somebody recommend a someone who organizes bike tour. I ride mostly enduro. That will be one off chance for me to try trails in California, that is why I am looking for somebody who could show me some nice trails without wasting time to look for them!.
Thanks in advance!

Posted: Sep 26, 2015 at 22:33 Quote
BartDM wrote:
Hi guys,
I will spent 1 week in LA in october. I will be able to "sacrifice" only 1 day for biking-so no chance to look for wild trails:-(( Can somebody recommend a someone who organizes bike tour. I ride mostly enduro. That will be one off chance for me to try trails in California, that is why I am looking for somebody who could show me some nice trails without wasting time to look for them!.
Thanks in advance!
look at the shuttles part on top there's a link to socal shuttles there's a LONG ride down on Mnt wilson aka JPL like a 3hr plus depending on pace they shuttle and do offer a guide or hit me up i'll roll with you give me dates you going to ride im off mondays -wed but can ride on mon or tues better closer to area those days

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 11:17 Quote
gooseman310 wrote:
BartDM wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance!
look at the shuttles part on top there's a link to socal shuttles there's a LONG ride down on Mnt wilson aka JPL like a 3hr plus depending on pace they shuttle and do offer a guide or hit me up i'll roll with you give me dates you going to ride im off mondays -wed but can ride on mon or tues better closer to area those days

thanks man. I heard Mt. Wilson is nice to ride!

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 16:03 Quote
BartDM wrote:
gooseman310 wrote:
BartDM wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance!

thanks man. I heard Mt. Wilson is nice to ride!
yeah it's a nice long ride through like 3 rige lines from top Mnt Wilson east trail to either a real step shoute or a windy trail then to inspiration point that leads two the upper Muriel trail hope I spelled that right aka the Ruins then a nice push to Sunset Ridge trail to I belive still Brown fire road to the creek section called El Prieto to parking lot where you park catch shuttle at nice good like 3hrs depending on the pace hot some. Video on that trail on here and Frazier Park if you go north of Ventura off the 5frwy other side of Santa Barbara but if you want to hit that let me know a week or so what days you planning on hitting Jpl that I can meet up take shuttle up with u like going three fall through spring the most summer gets really hot up there.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 6:14 Quote
that is a lot of information, thanks for that. I made a contact with XEN MTB and will wait what are they going to offer. But that is nice of you and I appreciate it!

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 16:18 Quote
BartDM wrote:
that is a lot of information, thanks for that. I made a contact with XEN MTB and will wait what are they going to offer. But that is nice of you and I appreciate it!
I'll be droppin a video later on friday-sat on the top and middle since i only got bottom half on my new cam of when i took my canadian friends i meet on here on PB. that way if you have not seen any of the top it will get posted that way you can see whats up there

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
that will be very nice of you!

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
Im going with a group of friends to the Kernville Cannel Plunge trail the 17th, something like 25 miles. Get shuttled up to the top of some peak about an hour and spend the next 5 or so hours riding back down. Shuttle is $40.

Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 22:51 Quote
BnSheScrmRdr wrote:
Im going with a group of friends to the Kernville Cannel Plunge trail the 17th, something like 25 miles. Get shuttled up to the top of some peak about an hour and spend the next 5 or so hours riding back down. Shuttle is $40.
that shuttle run sounds good need to go hit Kernville Cannel P. and try my rebuild of my old XC all mnt bike out on a long run like that what shuttle dose that by the way ?

Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
Mtnriver.com runs the shuttles. If your interested better hit them up asap, as of yesterday there were only 9 spots left.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 1:55 Quote
BnSheScrmRdr wrote:
Mtnriver.com runs the shuttles. If your interested better hit them up asap, as of yesterday there were only 9 spots left.
Al right, good to know.thanks

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 17:48 Quote
Incase anyone ever wants to do an epic socal ride the Cannell Plunge was so fun, the most awesome scenery Ive experienced while riding. The views from atop the mountain=breath taking, the views from mid mountain=breath taking, the view from the bottom looking up at what we just rode=breath taking.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013814
Mobile Version of Website