Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Previous Page |
Author Message
Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 9, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
Please post and bugs, questions or suggestions related to the Trailforks mobile iOS & Android app here.
http://www.trailforks.com/apps/map/

Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 11:45 Quote
Trevor,

Are you planing to release the app for Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows mobile 10 (should be easier as I think Microsoft have or will have a tool to port iOS or Android app)

The mobile website is great but after trying the app on my girl friend phone... it is way better.

Thanks

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
Unfortunately a Windows Phone version is not something we can do, our app is built around Google Maps (Google Play services) which Windows Phone does not have.

When Windows Phone 10 comes out and if it does support android apps, which is rumoured, I will look at maybe getting that going. But even then it probably won't work without the google maps dependency.

Blackberry has the same issue, I did find some articles talking about 'baking in' google play services into an APK. I need to get my hands on a blackberry to test, in theory the same could work for WP10.

Making a WP version that doesn't rely on Google Maps would be a huge amount of work. I'm a Microsoft fan, but there just isn't enough market share to make it worth while.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 8:34 Quote
Just tried to log into the app using my Pinkbike/Trailforks login info. It said it was incorrect. I confirmed it was correct by logging in with it on both Pinkbike and Trailforks on my desktop.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 9:19 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Unfortunately a Windows Phone version is not something we can do, our app is built around Google Maps (Google Play services) which Windows Phone does not have.

When Windows Phone 10 comes out and if it does support android apps, which is rumoured, I will look at maybe getting that going. But even then it probably won't work without the google maps dependency.

Blackberry has the same issue, I did find some articles talking about 'baking in' google play services into an APK. I need to get my hands on a blackberry to test, in theory the same could work for WP10.

Making a WP version that doesn't rely on Google Maps would be a huge amount of work. I'm a Microsoft fan, but there just isn't enough market share to make it worth while.

I do agree there is not a huge amount of market share. But would be awesome if you could find a way to make it work without a huge amount of work.

I'm using 2 app on my phone that use google maps services.
One that is the full google map - gMaps
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/gmaps-pro/9wzdncrfj131?wa=wsignin1.0
and the other one that uses the bing maps, or the google maps. but with the google search
GMaps+
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/gmaps/9wzdncrfhxhh

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
dscaz wrote:
Just tried to log into the app using my Pinkbike/Trailforks login info. It said it was incorrect. I confirmed it was correct by logging in with it on both Pinkbike and Trailforks on my desktop.

I have the same problem, and confirmed my info works on desktop/browser as you did.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 12:34 Quote
rpinciuc wrote:
dscaz wrote:
Just tried to log into the app using my Pinkbike/Trailforks login info. It said it was incorrect. I confirmed it was correct by logging in with it on both Pinkbike and Trailforks on my desktop.

I have the same problem, and confirmed my info works on desktop/browser as you did.

first people with login problems make sure the app has internet access, logging in won't work offline. A couple people this was their problem.

I can see your login attempts in our API log, so that's not your issue. I think I might know the problem though, looking into it now.

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 17:17 Quote
Fixed, thanks @canadaka!

Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 16:04 Quote
App is installed and I am enjoying it!

Can anything be done to increase readability of trail names on the map screen? As I zoom in, it seems that the font resizes to an even smaller font. I can barely read it inside the house, but out on the trail with bright sunlight--no way. I know that I can tap the trail and get a pop-up, but it would be nice to read the name without taking that step.

Great work!

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 8, 2015 at 18:59 Quote
DrHog wrote:
App is installed and I am enjoying it!

Can anything be done to increase readability of trail names on the map screen? As I zoom in, it seems that the font resizes to an even smaller font. I can barely read it inside the house, but out on the trail with bright sunlight--no way. I know that I can tap the trail and get a pop-up, but it would be nice to read the name without taking that step.

Great work!

this is being worked on, the font sizing is much larger on Android than iOS. So we are working on platform independent labels.

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 0:09 Quote
hey there!
i can''t connect to the mobile aplication
it gives me a red text message ... "cannot use ín''opertaor to search for message in !Doctype html ...and in goes on ...
i'm using Htc one m7
thanks

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 0:13 Quote
oleleu wrote:
hey there!
i can''t connect to the mobile aplication
it gives me a red text message ... "cannot use ín''opertaor to search for message in !Doctype html ...and in goes on ...
i'm using Htc one m7
thanks

We broke something that is redirecting API calls to the mobile site, fixing it now. API calls ahve been broken for about 30min now.

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 1:17 Quote
Hi,
a suggestion for the mobile app. The emergency call button is a good idea but it's not possible to configure which number it calls. In Europe 911 means nothing it's 112.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
Is there an older version that can work on my Android 4.2.2?

edit: i have G maps installed but it says my phone is not compatible Frown

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 7:54 Quote
Hi,
another big improvement will be a type of GPS routing system in the app. For example you're searching for a trail entry, you just add some waypoint and the app does a sound each time you pass by it. It will be easy to ride without looking to your smarphone all the time (and killing the battery at the same time).

Another function could be added. It's the buddy beacon. You activate that and the system send your position every 2min for example. So someone at home can now where you are in case of problem. This function already exist in the Viewranger app but it will be good to have everthing in an app dedicated to MTB.

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016203
Mobile Version of Website