Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 2:33 Quote
A suggestion for something that would be awesome for people travelling to other countries or even a new trail centre. If there were a way to show the popularity of a trail, not by trail forks user ratings as I feel most people wouldn't bother rating trails, but if you could use data from strava (similar to the heat map) that shows which trails in an area get ridden more or less. Currently planning a trip from Los Angeles to Vancouver and the number of trails to to filter through is mind boggling.

On a side note I am stuck on an old phone at the very moment so maybe you have already done something like this on one of the newer updates

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 18:24 Quote
You can already do what your asking. Change the trail "style" from difficulty rating to popularity.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/60/

You can also toggle the map to a heatmap view on the website or mobile.
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/heatmap/

And you can plot your driving route and see the most popular trails along the drive.
https://www.trailforks.com/tools/roadtrip/

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 16:17 Quote
mtbboy1993 wrote:
canadaka wrote:
mtbboy1993 wrote:
Strava sync issue:
some rides are not synced to Strava and if I manually uplaod the GPX , Strava detects them as a duplicate of a other ride that was already synced to Strava.

provide a link to a Strava activity that did not automatically sync to Trailforks.
For some reason now that ride is now synced, but most of my private rides did not sync.

IF I am not mistaking this was one of the rides that did not sync, but are synced now.
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/1769379/
Maybe it actually was synced, and maybe there was some kind of delay on Strava.
I also noticed some rides on Strava have no map.
I think most of these issues are issues with Strava and not trailforks.

I found it: I found the ride that can't be synced with Strava:
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/1862917/
Strava detects, the ride as a duplicate of a private ride.

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 4:03 Quote
I have recently put 2 POI on Haughmond Hill, i.e.. Trail Sign (Post/Marker) (The only 2 of this type on Haughmond Hill) and while they show up on the Website map they don't show up on the Mobile map on my tablet nor my phones. Other POI appear to show up. I was using these as locators for starts of trails (with photos of the posts to help). Is there a bug? Meanwhile I will put additional POI at the same locations until this is resolved.
Best Wishes

Claire

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
I recently submitted a ticket for this because it seems to be ongoing for me as well and have had some feedback from Trevor, but it's still being investigated....just wondering if this thread was resolved any further....I don't see any further comments after.....

b0bg wrote:
canadaka wrote:

The recording should not be stopping if you leave the app, it records in the background. When you return to the Trailforks app are you saying the red STOP button has been clicked and it now shows the green RESUME button?

Yes, but it doesn't happen just because I leave the app. Receiving a text or phone call doesn't seem to have any effect. But when I take photos or video I have to return to the app and resume recording. In case it matters, I typically launch the camera from the lock screen (e.g. I don't unlock the phone to take a photo/video) while riding. I'm not sure if that has a different effect than unlocking the phone an using switching to the camera app. I'll see if it matters the next time I ride. Regardless it's not something that happens with my previous ride logging apps.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 22:48 Quote
Cyclingclaire wrote:
I have recently put 2 POI on Haughmond Hill, i.e.. Trail Sign (Post/Marker) (The only 2 of this type on Haughmond Hill) and while they show up on the Website map they don't show up on the Mobile map on my tablet nor my phones. Other POI appear to show up. I was using these as locators for starts of trails (with photos of the posts to help). Is there a bug? Meanwhile I will put additional POI at the same locations until this is resolved.
Best Wishes

Claire

We don't sync sign posts to the mobile app currently, as some areas have mapped a tone! And its not really that useful to the end user, more for managers.

However since they I added the option to uncheck "Show on Map" for a POI. So the idea is in the future all POI will be synced to the app, but by default only ones with that checked will show on the map, unless the user wants them too, or maybe until you reach a very close zoom level.

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Cyclingclaire wrote:
Best Wishes

Claire

We don't sync sign posts to the mobile app currently, as some areas have mapped a tone! And its not really that useful to the end user, more for managers.

However since they I added the option to uncheck "Show on Map" for a POI. So the idea is in the future all POI will be synced to the app, but by default only ones with that checked will show on the map, unless the user wants them too, or maybe until you reach a very close zoom level.

Sounds good!

Best Wishes

Claire

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 17:47 Quote
How do we see who can approve new trails in our region (Rotorua, New Zealand).

I am one of the Trustees of the rotorua trails trust who look after the trails in the Whakarewarewa forest. Someone has added a new trail (Te Ruru) but they have the location wrong and have instead labelled one of our unsanctioned trails as a legitimate one.

I have moved the trails to roughly where it should be (by dragging and dropping). Bbut id like to know who else has permission to add/remove trails from our region and what the approval process is.

Keep up the great work, trailforks is sweet!

Cheers!
Mat

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 1:45 Quote
mathewnz4936989 wrote:

I am one of the Trustees of the rotorua trails trust who look after the trails in the Whakarewarewa forest. Someone has added a new trail (Te Ruru) but they have the location wrong and have instead labelled one of our unsanctioned trails as a legitimate one.

I have moved the trails to roughly where it should be (by dragging and dropping). Bbut id like to know who else has permission to add/remove trails from our region and what the approval process is.

Cheers!
Mat

You can find the admins for an area at the bottom of the page. For Rotorura it says:
Admins: ralley, (RTT)

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
mathewnz4936989 wrote:

Cheers!
Mat

LOL sorry.. that was actually me! I saw on Facebook a couple new trails mentioned and added them myselfs based on some data I could find. I traced that in based on some ridelog data we had and the rough description of where Te Ruru went.

I renamed and made that trail hidden/unsanctioned now. But someone will have to add the correct Te Ruru.

https://www.trailforks.com/profile/rotoruatrailstrust/ also has admin over the region but look to not be that active. ralley is active.

Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
Anyway to show the trail colors on the iOS app, like you can do on the PC map?

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 16:45 Quote
kalabusperry wrote:
Anyway to show the trail colors on the iOS app, like you can do on the PC map?

Currently no, not really come up, kinda forgot.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 14:14 Quote
Another idea fortravellers... would be great if you could copy the description from the app... maybe it's just my phone. Oftwn in a different language... I've been having to open in web but when you're out on trail often travellers don't have data so are stuck...

Edit: need ability to copy in order to paste into Google Translate...

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 17:15 Quote
iain wrote:
Another idea fortravellers... would be great if you could copy the description from the app... maybe it's just my phone. Oftwn in a different language... I've been having to open in web but when you're out on trail often travellers don't have data so are stuck...

Edit: need ability to copy in order to paste into Google Translate...

Good suggestion! I can probably add a copy ability if you hold and press the text, maybe even add an in-app translate feature.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
This may be outside of the "core functionality" of the Trailforks app (which I think id great, BTW!) but Cyclemeter has a nice feature that I miss when I use Trailforks.

The basic idea is that you can set it up so that when you start a ride, end a ride or at regular intervals during a ride, the app will send an email to you or a list of addresses in order to give status. My wife loves this because it lets her know when I've started and ended my rides - she knows I didn't die on some trail somewhere!

It also provides a current location in each email which I didn't love (I'm kind of a privacy fanatic) but it was really useful in locating my phone after it slipped out of my bag and disappeared- I was able to go home (I wasn't far, luckily!) check the last email and see exactly where my phone was in order to get it back.

Anyway, just a suggestion! Thanks for the app!

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031979
Mobile Version of Website