Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Author Message
Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 15:28 Quote
these both are features I've thought about and will hopefully ad in the future, this is just the first release! There is also possibilities with a smart-watch companion.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 3:18 Quote
FYI, When in the UK it still shows the emergency number as 911. It isn't guaranteed to be translated to 999 and as such isn't an official emergency number.

As a general number in Europe 112 is a better option (UK uses both, just 999 is more commonly used). But maybe it would be better to have a per country emergency number as it does vary.

Like it isn't a major issue it feels like if you have that feature it should be done right.

Posted: Sep 26, 2015 at 21:36 Quote
Hi, my ride plan isn't syncing to the app even though it looks like everything else syncs happily. Any suggestions?

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 21:55 Quote
kuiper wrote:
Hi, my ride plan isn't syncing to the app even though it looks like everything else syncs happily. Any suggestions?

are you logged into the app? When you goto the "My Routes" page in the app have you tried pulling down the list, this will force a re-sync.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 14:44 Quote
wrote:
are you logged into the app? When you goto the "My Routes" page in the app have you tried pulling down the list, this will force a re-sync.

That's embarrassing, I didn't realize dragging down made it sync. All good now. Thanks.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
Is it possible to view "hidden" trails via the app? Myself and a few riders have permissions to view hidden trails, and we do see them on the website, but the app does not display them. Is there an existing setting I'm doing wrong?

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 10:29 Quote
bad-andy wrote:
Is it possible to view "hidden" trails via the app? Myself and a few riders have permissions to view hidden trails, and we do see them on the website, but the app does not display them. Is there an existing setting I'm doing wrong?

Yes you can, they will appear as a thin line. You msut login BEFORE you download a region, this way it knows what special permissions you might have. So if you have not done this, you will have to delete the region you downloaded, login then re-download.

To delete a downloaded region goto the manage regions page and swipe the region line item to the left, this will reveal a red delete button.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 10:33 Quote
How do I get ride of a route? I download a BCBR route and then couldn't seem to get rid of it. Eventually though much random swiping it disappeared but it didn't seem intuitive.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 10:52 Quote
in the app, I haven't created a way to remove a favourited route. You can unfav it on the website. then in the app, drag the page down to re-sync the routes.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 10:52 Quote
canadaka wrote:
bad-andy wrote:
Is it possible to view "hidden" trails via the app? Myself and a few riders have permissions to view hidden trails, and we do see them on the website, but the app does not display them. Is there an existing setting I'm doing wrong?

Yes you can, they will appear as a thin line. You msut login BEFORE you download a region, this way it knows what special permissions you might have. So if you have not done this, you will have to delete the region you downloaded, login then re-download.

To delete a downloaded region goto the manage regions page and swipe the region line item to the left, this will reveal a red delete button.

Thanks, glad to know it should work. However, I did try this, but still can't seem to see any trails on the map, or list. I even logged out of my account, back in, re-downloaded the region and can't see hidden trails. The info on the riding area does indicate there are a number of trails, but when I click the trails tab (bottom) I get "no results"

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 11:52 Quote
I added a couple routes that are loops, the start and stop are the same location but that didn't work out on the route planner, it would be nice to preview the route before it's confirmed. Awesome work, this is something that the community has needed for a while.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
On the topic of routes, I just realized that creating and saving routes in the "Route Planner" on the website makes them pop up in the app. This is awesome! Can't wait to use this feature on the trails this weekend. I should have realized this but didn't and it will make navigating a lot easier while out there.

Thanks Trevor, loving the app so far, it runs nice and smooth on an iPhone 6 as well. No other feedback at this time.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 15:09 Quote
gramboh wrote:
On the topic of routes, I just realized that creating and saving routes in the "Route Planner" on the website makes them pop up in the app. This is awesome! Can't wait to use this feature on the trails this weekend. I should have realized this but didn't and it will make navigating a lot easier while out there.

Thanks Trevor, loving the app so far, it runs nice and smooth on an iPhone 6 as well. No other feedback at this time.

Yup any rideplan you create will showup in the "My Routes" section of the App. You can also "favourite" a route on the Trailforks website and it will also appear in the my routes section.

Posted: Oct 9, 2015 at 12:23 Quote
Why is it that the route "Seymour New Trails Tour 2015" doesn't show up on the app, but intermediate Seymour XC does, when I did everything the same? What's the difference between clicking the read heart "fav" over adding to wishlist? I really want to ride the new trails route, but I think it's a technical glitch difference between that one and the other.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 9, 2015 at 17:54 Quote
to have a route showup in the App under the "My Routes" one presses "fav". But now that I think if it maybe it makes more sense to use the "wishlist" button. Because to remove the route from the list in the app you have to unfav it, but it might still be a favorite route of mine! Where adding and removing from a wishlist is less permanent.

Also in the app, you may have to refresh the "My Routes" page, do this by dragging the page down.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011447
Mobile Version of Website