Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 17:28 Quote
iain wrote:
Another idea fortravellers... would be great if you could copy the description from the app... maybe it's just my phone. Oftwn in a different language... I've been having to open in web but when you're out on trail often travellers don't have data so are stuck...

Edit: need ability to copy in order to paste into Google Translate...

Noticed this functionality in the latest release. Great work! Gracias.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 18:54 Quote
Glotten wrote:
Hi, I have installed the app on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and registered on the website, all good.
But when I try to start the app nothing happens and a message turns up on the screen.

Application Error
The connection to the server was unseccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)

It works fine for My wife on iPhone 7 and on My iPad

Best regards Daniel

What version of Android?
Try installing the latest "Google Play Services" and "Android System WebView".

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 9:46 Quote
Couple of problems I've had with the app:

1. If you record a ride and hide your GPS track when you submit (because of unmapped secret trails, etc), but sync to Strava, Stava still shows the full GPS track instead of just stats (as of late last year when I tried this). Would be better if it could just sync distance/climb/time.

2. If you make a trail report on a device but don't log in the report will be stored until you next log in. This is great, but it doesn't seem to time out, so if you log in say ~8 months later on that device it will send in a very out of date trail report.

Love the app otherwise, starting to use it instead of Strava because of all the problems Strava has with mountain biking stuff.

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 14:17 Quote
the "hide map" option is for Trailforks only. If you want your ride to be private on Strava, uncheck the "Public" checkbox, this setting will transfer with the sync to Strava. Strava only has public or private options, not a middle ground 3rd option like Trailforks.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 17:28 Quote
shows silly low duration no matter how long I have been riding, it does not matter if i paused the ride or not,
seems to get stuck at about 3 minutes or whatever it was I can't remember right now, not sure why, but when saving it actually saves correct time.
running Android 8.0 Oreo on XZ Premium.
it has been doign this for a several weeks

Mod Plus
Posted: Feb 26, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
mtbboy1993 wrote:
shows silly low duration no matter how long I have been riding, it does not matter if i paused the ride or not,
seems to get stuck at about 3 minutes or whatever it was I can't remember right now, not sure why, but when saving it actually saves correct time.
running Android 8.0 Oreo on XZ Premium.
it has been doign this for a several weeks

I think I've fixed this recording timer issue, watch for an app update this week that should fix it.

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 10:15 Quote
Apologies if this has already been covered. My iphone app is now consistently not starting. It will only load up when I cut my phone off and back on. Deleting and replacing it hasn't changed anything. Someone else I ran into is having the same problem Solution? Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 5, 2018 at 16:15 Quote
Redhawk wrote:
Apologies if this has already been covered. My iphone app is now consistently not starting. It will only load up when I cut my phone off and back on. Deleting and replacing it hasn't changed anything. Someone else I ran into is having the same problem Solution? Thanks!

Do you have the latest version? We released a new version last week with lots of bug fixes. Try contacting us via the app "Help & Feddback" page, this will include some debug info for us.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 3:18 Quote
Now there is a map overlay square in the app saying "Discover Rides".
How can I hide it?
Why is it there? It's allready in the menu.

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 2:46 Quote
Hi there,

just a question about strava segments in trailforks: I've allowed strava to connect with trailforks to see the segments of strava in the trailforks map. But I cannot see them whether I've switched on the mark in the app and on the website version I also can not see the field in "layers" to check the mark. Nothing happens?!

Best
Karsten

Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 5:43 Quote
I am having an issue with loading my Strava rides onto my ride log. It comes up with a message that says ‘you have 25 activities in the Strava sync queue’ but when I manually sync nothing changes.
Can you let me know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Rae

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 15:42 Quote
Hi

I've got a new Huawei Honor 9 and Trailforks app won;t open my downloaded maps, is just constantly stuck on loading. It has green bar at top of screen with search magnifying glass, hamburger, plus sign, location circle and slider circle. Then just 'loading' in middle of screen. I've re installed app a couple of times and switched phone off and on. Anyone got any ideas?

Posted: May 7, 2018 at 4:05 Quote
OrjanX wrote:
Now there is a map overlay square in the app saying "Discover Rides".
How can I hide it?
Why is it there? It's allready in the menu.

Thanks!

Any news on this issue?
Screen shot from my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.

/Örjan

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016831
Mobile Version of Website