Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 5:07 Quote
The app does not load past the grey page with Yellow Trailforks logo. If I delete it and download again it runs for a while, then the same thing happens. I am using it on iPhone 8 running iOS 11.4. I have downloaded the ONTARIO region where live. It has worked previously on this phone and does work when reinstalled for a few days. Then it crashes and does not open. Please suggest some solutions. I rely on it when ever riding new or unfamiliar trails.

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
redpoint wrote:
canadaka wrote:
Can you goto the Help & Feedback section of the app and send me the tracking debug logs.
ALso are you running a custom ROM on your Nexus 4?
Logs sent.

I'm running Nitrogen OS. The last official build for the Nexus 4 was 5.1.1, so I need to use a custom rom to keep the phone usable.

Does this custom ROM have 'Google Play Services' installed and updated?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en_CA

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 19:18 Quote
canadaka wrote:
redpoint wrote:
canadaka wrote:
Can you goto the Help & Feedback section of the app and send me the tracking debug logs.
Logs sent.

I'm running Nitrogen OS. The last official build for the Nexus 4 was 5.1.1, so I need to use a custom rom to keep the phone usable.

Yes, it does.

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
Hi,

Ever since last week on the app the location service doesn't work.

I have given the app to use GPS on my SONY Z5 the app still says that my GPS is off.

I am running Android 7.1.1.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
is there an auto-pause feature in the trailforks mobile app?

Mod O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 11:03 Quote
ez049 wrote:
is there an auto-pause feature in the trailforks mobile app?

Currently no, we disabled all that to try and reduce potential issues with the recording. It's something we could add back as an option in the future.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
The app running on a Sony experia running android 4.4.4 regurlarly misses big parts of my rides.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 20:13 Quote
Hello, I tried the Trailfork app on my edge 520 plus for the first time. At home, my routes load fine. However, when I got to the trailhead with no cell signal, I got error code 300 on the garmin when I tried to launch my route. If it needs cell coverage to load, this is not good since lots of trails are outside of cell coverage, we should be able to load route on the device and use it off liine from the device.

Should I do something different to make this work

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 14:35 Quote
foraspin wrote:
Hello, I tried the Trailfork app on my edge 520 plus for the first time. At home, my routes load fine. However, when I got to the trailhead with no cell signal, I got error code 300 on the garmin when I tried to launch my route. If it needs cell coverage to load, this is not good since lots of trails are outside of cell coverage, we should be able to load route on the device and use it off liine from the device.

Should I do something different to make this work

You can load the route once while still in cell coverage, then it exists offline on the Garmin as a "course". You can view downloaded courses in the Garmin navigation->courses menu.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 6:59 Quote
canadaka wrote:
redpoint wrote:
canadaka wrote:
Logs sent.

Just to follow-up on this further, here is the version info.
Google Play Services - V 12.8.74 (040306-204998136)
Google Play Store - V 10.6.08-all

I tried installing MTB Project, and that can't find my location either. Google Maps, Strava, and GPS Status all work fine.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 15:50 Quote
Having a few issues with the Whistler 2018 Trail Challenge, trying to collect a few of the badges.

I've gotten three or four, but the Bike Park Steeps badge won't unlock, even though I went up and rode the trails a few times each? They're all showing up in my RideLog, but the Upper Joyride track won't tick over as ridden?

Also, the button to join the competition won't latch as "joined" on my Galaxy S6. I installed Trailforks on my tablet and it latched as joined when I clicked it there but I've got no idea if I'm even registered as a participant or not.

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 15:56 Quote
I used to have no problem using the Trailforks app offline, but after recently updating it, none of the trail names show up on the map (unless I'm connected to the internet). It shows that the maps for my region (Alberta) have been downloaded. Any idea why this is, and if it can be remedied?

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 20:41 Quote
Hi Trevor,
I've downloaded the IQ TF app onto my Garmin Edge 1000. I know how to send the Segments over to Garmin. But there seems to be a problem I haven't solved. For each Segment, it says I have to save and end my ride to look at the next segment on a route. Can you help me work around this so that I can do a Fluid Route? Thanks!

Mod O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 1:51 Quote
Zothecula wrote:
I used to have no problem using the Trailforks app offline, but after recently updating it, none of the trail names show up on the map (unless I'm connected to the internet). It shows that the maps for my region (Alberta) have been downloaded. Any idea why this is, and if it can be remedied?

this has always been the case, the trail labels are map tiles, that are not stored offline. They do cache, so if you view an area before going offline, they will be saved for a time. We're hoping one day to have the background map tiles offline.

MtBikeDiva wrote:
Hi Trevor,
I've downloaded the IQ TF app onto my Garmin Edge 1000. I know how to send the Segments over to Garmin. But there seems to be a problem I haven't solved. For each Segment, it says I have to save and end my ride to look at the next segment on a route. Can you help me work around this so that I can do a Fluid Route? Thanks!

What do you mean by segment? a trail? Garmin IQ apps can't be loaded while you're recording, pretty lame! So you can't load a different trail or route. So its best to load an entire route of the ride you want to do, rather than individual trails. If you can't find a route that exists, you can try creating your own using the ride planner. Ride plans are automatically saved to your "My Routes" list which you can view in the Garmin app.

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 8:58 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Please post and bugs, questions or suggestions related to the Trailforks mobile iOS & Android app here.
http://www.trailforks.com/apps/map/

Please make the Apple App work for Apple Watch! I'm about to drop into a Series 4 watch in an effort to use / look at my phone less and it would be amazing if I had Trailforks access on the watch. I know of other straight GPS apps that work for Apple Watch, ie. Gaia, so it would be awesome to have the maps accessible for mtb users.

Use with an Apple Watch (with cellular and leave the phone behind) would be a real game changer!!!

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021443
Mobile Version of Website