Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Mar 16, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Today while on the trail, I tried using the trail reporting feature on the mobile app, (Device One Plus 6)

I worked through the process, however, at the "Take a Picture" process when I hit the check mark in the camera to accept the image, the app exited and no report was made. I'm able to upload a photo in the trail report using the "Choose Photo" option.

Also, their should be a way to view location specific trail reports as a layer on the map. That could be good information to know when planning a ride. I know they can be accessed on a per report basis. But it would be nice to show locations of problems using the "Trail Style" menu options in the map view. Either the "status" or "Condition".

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
NickBarnes wrote:
Today while on the trail, I tried using the trail reporting feature on the mobile app, (Device One Plus 6)

I worked through the process, however, at the "Take a Picture" process when I hit the check mark in the camera to accept the image, the app exited and no report was made. I'm able to upload a photo in the trail report using the "Choose Photo" option.

Also, their should be a way to view location specific trail reports as a layer on the map. That could be good information to know when planning a ride. I know they can be accessed on a per report basis. But it would be nice to show locations of problems using the "Trail Style" menu options in the map view. Either the "status" or "Condition".

You can view multiple reports location on the map on the TF website along with many other filters.

As for the report add photo crash? Could you contact me from within the app, this will include a debug file with your deviceID that I can use to look in our crash logs.

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
GPS issues with iPhone 6s fully updated app and iOS. GPS locate button (upper right on map) works fine when first opened, but after a few minutes, closing and reopening the app the GPS shows the blue dot correctly, but will not zoom to the blue dot nor tap through GPS options.

Swipe close and restart fixes the issue for a little while.

Also when this problem is happening, trail reports say “GPS module failed to load” (or something like that.) Happens whether recording a track or not.

Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
WillTaygan wrote:
GPS issues with iPhone 6s fully updated app and iOS. GPS locate button (upper right on map) works fine when first opened, but after a few minutes, closing and reopening the app the GPS shows the blue dot correctly, but will not zoom to the blue dot nor tap through GPS options.

Swipe close and restart fixes the issue for a little while.

Also when this problem is happening, trail reports say “GPS module failed to load” (or something like that.) Happens whether recording a track or not.

Thanks!

I have not heard this before. Can you start the app, press locate, wait a bit, press again. Then also clear debug logs and start some ride recording for awhile. Then send us the tracking debug logs.
Here is how to do that. https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/92/

Does the blue dot also not update when your Recording/tracking a ride?

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
uncyclist wrote:
Unrelated but still, my ride log times are 12 hours out on the app only: Strava app and site are accurate and TF site is accurate but the app isn't.
I don't want to keep harping on about this but TF times are 12 hours too late, the time says 5am for a 5pm ride, Strava and the TF site are both correct however.

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
canadaka wrote:
NickBarnes wrote:

You can view multiple reports location on the map on the TF website along with many other filters.

As for the report add photo crash? Could you contact me from within the app, this will include a debug file with your deviceID that I can use to look in our crash logs.

Even on the website, it takes effort to expose the locations of trail reports when the condition layer is enabled in mobile or the website. It would be nice if a circle or icon could be placed where their are current location based condition reports. Mapbox clusters could be employed if necessary. Then clicking the report would could take the user to a more detailed report. Also, the possibility of adding comments to the report would be nice future growth option.

When planning a ride, it could be nice to know if there are lots of trees down on a one trail vs another for example.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 18:07 Quote
You can goto a regions "reports" page then at the bottom of that page view reports on a map.

But I'll see about showing report icons on the map if the trail style is "condition or status". But have to decide what time range to show them for.

This won't be on the ride planner map though, its a separate map. Hopefully this fall will get around to totally re-making that thing to be better integrated with the "normal" maps.

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
I can not save a ride on my android phone app. During saving the ride it asks me to sign in but says " no user found". I have reset password 3 time and still can't sign in to save my ride. I have never been asked of a password before on my phone and have no problem signing in on my computer.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
I love how Trailforks sends me an email requesting a trail conditions report when a trail needs an update. That email reminder really encourages me to add a status report, something I always forget to do after a ride unless I get the email.

I do wish I got a similar email to comment about a trail and give a star rating on the trails I rode.

Mod Plus
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
I love how Trailforks sends me an email requesting a trail conditions report when a trail needs an update. That email reminder really encourages me to add a status report, something I always forget to do after a ride unless I get the email.

I do wish I got a similar email to comment about a trail and give a star rating on the trails I rode.

I have thought about a rating email, it's on our to do list officially now.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
Is there a way to see the total ascent for a personal route? When I pull up a personal route on the app I can see mileage and trails included but not total ascent.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
Hi,

I have a problem with upload my rides to my ridelog, since last week it's still in sync queue. there was such problem some time ago and after my report disappeared. May I ask to help me?

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
uncyclist wrote:
uncyclist wrote:
Unrelated but still, my ride log times are 12 hours out on the app only: Strava app and site are accurate and TF site is accurate but the app isn't.
I don't want to keep harping on about this but TF times are 12 hours too late, the time says 5am for a 5pm ride, Strava and the TF site are both correct however.
Nobody seems to care but this issue is now fixed, somehow...

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
Do we have the ability to report multiple trail conditions at once in the app instead of writing reports one by one?

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
It appears that the "Save To" -> "Download" button on a ridelog no longer works on iOS. I was trying to download to the Files app, google drive, dropbox, or share to email with gmail app and none of these appeared to work. Would really like to be able to download a gpx file directly via the app!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009125
Mobile Version of Website