Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Ha22y wrote:
Hi,
im getting empty main menu app and ALL CAPS text in menus on android
screenshots

Environment:
- Device Xaiomi MI2 A2 with Android 9
- Trailforks installed today (27.07.2019)

I hope this is enough information.

There was a bug in a language update for about 22 hours 2 days ago. There were about 30k phones that synced this change and will be messed Frown

If you leave your app running it will eventually automatically sync the fixed language data and fix itself. Or you can navigate to the settings page and then the language page and pull down to force a sync of the app's language data. Which is fun to do when the menu's have no labels! Re-installing the app will also fix the issue.

Thanks! This solved the issue.

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 22:28 Quote
Pull down refresh didn't fix it at first (never noticed that before), but checked again and all good here now too. Thanks.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
When searching trails in my region (using the mobile app), roads do not show up in the search results (even with "all" selected) but they do on the desktop site. In my region, many trails are linked by dirt/gravel roads...would be nice to have this search functionality on the mobile app...am I missing a button or something simple?

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 16:16 Quote
I have noticed an inconsistency in trailforks ridelogs Anna trail credits towards badges.

For example, Jefferson forest, Richmond Hill, Ontario, swan Lake Loop was logged as ridden on July 28th. Yes looking at the Jefferson forest completionist badge the trail is not listed as ridden.

I have a few others like this exist.

My riding partner and I also ride the exact same trails in the same day. They have been credited the trail, Passport and I have not.

Strange. What's the resolution?

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 23:21 Quote
dangaras wrote:
I have noticed an inconsistency in trailforks ridelogs Anna trail credits towards badges.

For example, Jefferson forest, Richmond Hill, Ontario, swan Lake Loop was logged as ridden on July 28th. Yes looking at the Jefferson forest completionist badge the trail is not listed as ridden.

My riding partner and I also ride the exact same trails in the same day. They have been credited the trail, Passport and I have not.

There is inherent inconsistency with GPS and devices and algorithms to match your GPS data against the mapped trails. This is nothing unique to Trailforks. You'll just have to go ride the trails again, being sure to ride the entire trail AS MAPPED on Trailforks. Badges are just for fun, so we cannot spend much resources micro-managing them.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
Hey
I forgot to stop trail forks on the drive home, can I edit the ride?
Cheers

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Hey
I forgot to stop trail forks on the drive home, can I edit the ride?
Cheers
Only on the website, you can find an edit link and then crop the ride.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
Cheers!
That'll save me some angry roadies

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Try the ridelog edit page now, It wasn't actually that hard to improve. Should load much faster now to make small edits. If you try and crop a large ride, it will take awhile to load then.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
I did it by re'loading the ride from strava, that I did remember to turn off. An deleting the TF ride all together

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
canadaka wrote:
dangaras wrote:

There is inherent inconsistency with GPS and devices and algorithms to match your GPS data against the mapped trails. This is nothing unique to Trailforks. You'll just have to go ride the trails again, being sure to ride the entire trail AS MAPPED on Trailforks. Badges are just for fun, so we cannot spend much resources micro-managing them.

Really? Lol.

Ok, I've finally got some POV video that shows some of the trails that are listed as required for the badges don't even exist any more.

For example, back yard creeper, wife beater, Valley Lights. Also replay was closed and blocked by the conservation authority. It was finally closed on trailforks after my post with pix yesterday.

How can anyone achieve a badge when the trails listed can't be followed because they haven't existed or been ridden since 2015 (Valley Lights is a perfect example) and our ride logs show the futile attempt to find it by looking at the gps track crazy pathing all around the supposed trail.

You guys need to take to time to look into these submitted issues or people will lose faith in the app, stop trusting and eventually stop using it. Specially when we take the time to and made the effort for such an extensive number of crap trails.

We took the time to do the trails good, bad and non existent, to document and report, you guys should take the time to micromanage issues like this that are submitted.

What about the flip flop between regions Richmond Hill & Jefferson forest (which is inside Richmond Hill)?

If you check the Jefferson forest completionist badge, all of the trail credits were for days when we rode and were tagged with the JF region. Other days we rode almost the exact same trails and got tagged as riding in Richmond Hill. Why is that????

None of those were ever credited to the Jefferson badge. That's the case yesterday, Aug 25th for myself and user dawnlaurent when we rode the last 8 trails 3 of them almost non existent to complete the badge list only to get tagged in Richmond Hill.

Your user base would be very appreciative.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
You are describing a different issue, not an issue with GPS recording accuracy. If a trail no longer exists or isn't ridable, then the badge can be edited to remove it from the criteria. This really should be done by local admins though, we can't possibly keep tabs on what trails are currently rideable for over 8,000 completion badge around the entire world.

The badge has had 3 trails removed from it's criteria now.
https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33883/

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
dangaras wrote:
canadaka wrote:
dangaras wrote:

Really? Lol.

Ok, I've finally got some POV video that shows some of the trails that are listed as required for the badges don't even exist any more.

For example, back yard creeper, wife beater, Valley Lights. Also replay was closed and blocked by the conservation authority. It was finally closed on trailforks after my post with pix yesterday.

How can anyone achieve a badge when the trails listed can't be followed because they haven't existed or been ridden since 2015 (Valley Lights is a perfect example) and our ride logs show the futile attempt to find it by looking at the gps track crazy pathing all around the supposed trail.

You guys need to take to time to look into these submitted issues or people will lose faith in the app, stop trusting and eventually stop using it. Specially when we take the time to and made the effort for such an extensive number of crap trails.

We took the time to do the trails good, bad and non existent, to document and report, you guys should take the time to micromanage issues like this that are submitted.

What about the flip flop between regions Richmond Hill & Jefferson forest (which is inside Richmond Hill)?

If you check the Jefferson forest completionist badge, all of the trail credits were for days when we rode and were tagged with the JF region. Other days we rode almost the exact same trails and got tagged as riding in Richmond Hill. Why is that????

None of those were ever credited to the Jefferson badge. That's the case yesterday, Aug 25th for myself and user dawnlaurent when we rode the last 8 trails 3 of them almost non existent to complete the badge list only to get tagged in Richmond Hill.

The trails, status, and other features on Trailforks are community driven. If you see trails listed as open which you know to be closed, see significant problems with a trail (tree fall/slide/hazard), or know about new trails that should be on the site you can address all of those by submitting your contribution here: https://www.trailforks.com/contribute/

Be the solution you want to see in the world. ;-)

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
b0bg wrote:
dangaras wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Really? Lol.

The trails, status, and other features on Trailforks are community driven. If you see trails listed as open which you know to be closed, see significant problems with a trail (tree fall/slide/hazard), or know about new trails that should be on the site you can address all of those by submitting your contribution here: https://www.trailforks.com/contribute/

Be the solution you want to see in the world. ;-)

Sounds like a good idea. I'll do my best to contribute as positively as possible.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
canadaka wrote:
You are describing a different issue, not an issue with GPS recording accuracy. If a trail no longer exists or isn't ridable, then the badge can be edited to remove it from the criteria. This really should be done by local admins though, we can't possibly keep tabs on what trails are currently rideable for over 8,000 completion badge around the entire world.

The badge has had 3 trails removed from it's criteria now.
https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33883/

Right. That would become overwhelming. I gues the local admin guys should get pinged on local trail issues as well to address the issues..

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011092
Mobile Version of Website