Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
If you make a report from a location without service, it comes up as an error with no way to resubmit when data is available. A long hold on the report only offers the option to delete, which unfortunately renders geo tagged pictures useless. (It appears to geo tag the report not the picture if the photo is taken through the app?) Edit: App still says there was an error in submitting the report, but the report now shows on the website without the photo or location info.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 1:29 Quote
It seems the Badge progress page is not updating.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
cache map data continues to get wiped. is there no way to implement a more robust system? i just travelled to canada from uk for 5 weeks of riding. spent a lot of time getting lost & missing all the trails I wanted to ride because halfway through the day the map data would suddenly disappear. YES its sometimes fun to NOT know where you are & go scope out some random trails. but I had limited time to ride - so did much preplanning beforehand. MTB is a wilderness activity. no phone reception in the wilds so why employ such an unreliable system to download map data to mobile device? also I had limit to roaming data. i would use wifi in starbucks etc to get maps to phone & its laborious to say the least. 1 browse & locate area im riding 2 finds the trails ensuring i zoom in/out & get all the info I need. 3 switch of wifi/data & double check I have offline map data. 4 check all my process killers are disabled so as not to switch off any apps. Then lose all the data & so need to go back again to wifi following morning & repeat the whole process (when i just want to drive to squamish & ride!!).

To add: I made a special journey to get wifi connection.

PLEASE tell me there is some development in future for better map download? Ive been trying for the past 3-4 years with this app, great resource for trail info but just such a massive let-down when out riding

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
a-d-e wrote:
cache map data continues to get wiped. is there no way to implement a more robust system? i just travelled to canada from uk for 5 weeks of riding. spent a lot of time getting lost & missing all the trails I wanted to ride because halfway through the day the map data would suddenly disappear. YES its sometimes fun to NOT know where you are & go scope out some random trails. but I had limited time to ride - so did much preplanning beforehand. MTB is a wilderness activity. no phone reception in the wilds so why employ such an unreliable system to download map data to mobile device? also I had limit to roaming data. i would use wifi in starbucks etc to get maps to phone & its laborious to say the least. 1 browse & locate area im riding 2 finds the trails ensuring i zoom in/out & get all the info I need. 3 switch of wifi/data & double check I have offline map data. 4 check all my process killers are disabled so as not to switch off any apps. Then lose all the data & so need to go back again to wifi following morning & repeat the whole process (when i just want to drive to squamish & ride!!).

To add: I made a special journey to get wifi connection.

PLEASE tell me there is some development in future for better map download? Ive been trying for the past 3-4 years with this app, great resource for trail info but just such a massive let-down when out riding

It is being worked on, but other things keep stalling progress. To be sure, you are talking about the background basemap? The trail data is all offline, so are POI's

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
OK good to know - yes it was/is the background base map keeps vanishing. yes the vector data for the trails are visible but no name tags unless click on the trail to pull up the info. I had the map data all fine until I took a photo with phone camera then when I switched back to trailforks the app restarted instead of switching screen. In my opinion it should be impossible to close navigation apps without a confirmation screen to close app. Viewranger app does the same thing & its so annoying to hit back-screen one too many times & unintentionally exit app.

I lost cached map data even when i was solely using trailforks. didnt close page once but still map info wiped.

Viewranger will download map area of any gpx route selected. would be useful if you could select say the 5 intended routes you plan to ride in an area plus an option to download the map area of the current visible screen. the app should show how much the data volume is for that area & give option to name map then download. named maps area information should remain in profile for future reference so map areas need not be permanently stored on device. but lets say I go to whistler bikepark again in the future, i can then just refresh my map data without the need to select the map areas.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
Hey Shredders! How do you change the default Map Area Displayed? I ride central Arizona Primarily. However, When I Log in on a desktop the default Map Area displayed is Beverly Hills. Its mildly annoying. I'm out of ideas on the setting to change. Thanks in advance.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
instawilliambadas wrote:
Hey Shredders! How do you change the default Map Area Displayed? I ride central Arizona Primarily. However, When I Log in on a desktop the default Map Area displayed is Beverly Hills. Its mildly annoying. I'm out of ideas on the setting to change. Thanks in advance.

URL to the page you're talking about.

On the "Fullscreen map" page you can save a home.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 17:42 Quote
Hi Canadaka,

I've posted this before, but when will we see an Apple Watch app? Such a PITA when you are in an unknown area to dig for your phone, hope your new gloves ACTUALLY work with the iPhone, take the gloves off, figure out which trail fork to take, then stuff the phone back in your pocket.

It would be killer to just look at the mini map on the Apple Watch to quickly see which fork to take!

Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
eljefespeaks wrote:
Hi Canadaka,

I've posted this before, but when will we see an Apple Watch app? Such a PITA when you are in an unknown area to dig for your phone, hope your new gloves ACTUALLY work with the iPhone, take the gloves off, figure out which trail fork to take, then stuff the phone back in your pocket.

It would be killer to just look at the mini map on the Apple Watch to quickly see which fork to take!

Thanks!

We are a small dev team and just don't have the resources for it. And the market is small. I literally know zero people who ride with an Apple Watch. But I do know A LOT of mtb'ers who ride with Garmin watches or bike computers. And a few friends who uses Wahoo devices.

We recommend Garmin Edge 530 device for the best "don't have to pull out my phone" solution.

Also this product is great for using your phone with gloves on! https://www.nanotips.com/

Posted: 19 hours ago Quote
Hello Trailforks Team, I've noticed a significant discrepancy in the elevation plot using Trailforks vs other apps such as RideWithGPS. Trailsforks app always comes in significantly higher elevation profile than the 2 other apps I'm using.

Great app overall. Best off grid navigation app I've found for MTB.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011384
Mobile Version of Website