Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
Efxjay wrote:
Howdy,

I noticed that the mobile app version doesn't allow for - Layers > POI. Anyway to get this in the mobile app as I think it is a big deal for folks traveling in new areas etc. Nice to see bike shops etc. but what about user input POI? I have to guess I'm not the first to ask. Kudos to all the development guys - fantastic app! Thanks.

Not sure what you mean, the app does show all the same POI's as we the website. Parking lots, TTFs and so on. It is on my todo list for a personal waypoint feature.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Looks fine in my app, maybe try forcing a sync of your region data.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/73/

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/kouce/

Do you have an iPhone? can you please post a screenshot. All of my friends iPhones that I have checked have the same issue.

Regions are synced, app was redownloaded and the phone was restarted.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Efxjay wrote:
Howdy,

I noticed that the mobile app version doesn't allow for - Layers > POI. Anyway to get this in the mobile app as I think it is a big deal for folks traveling in new areas etc. Nice to see bike shops etc. but what about user input POI? I have to guess I'm not the first to ask. Kudos to all the development guys - fantastic app! Thanks.

Not sure what you mean, the app does show all the same POI's as we the website. Parking lots, TTFs and so on. It is on my todo list for a personal waypoint feature.

For example in Sedona AZ,There's a partner of mines POI for eBike charging on the east side of the valley - shows fine in the desktop app, but not on my Android. If I zoom in enough there are eateries, shops etc. but not specifically POIs like in the desktop version. I do have the region synced and downloaded on my mobile. Besides filtering base map and trail style , where is POI to turn on/off on mobile? Thanks.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 0:13 Quote
Efxjay wrote:
canadaka wrote:
Efxjay wrote:
Howdy,

For example in Sedona AZ,There's a partner of mines POI for eBike charging on the east side of the valley - shows fine in the desktop app, but not on my Android. If I zoom in enough there are eateries, shops etc. but not specifically POIs like in the desktop version. I do have the region synced and downloaded on my mobile. Besides filtering base map and trail style , where is POI to turn on/off on mobile? Thanks.

I would try removing your Arizona region and re-downloading it. To make sure it's not some weird old syncing issue.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/68/

*UPDATE*
Sorry I found the issue, the ebike charging station is a newer POI and is not being shown in the app currently. I'll fix that in the app for the next update.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
In the last week at least one of my rides has several GPS deviations. Showed me moving 200+ meters in 2 seconds, 3 times.

Same for my riding partner. Happens on Samsung S9 & S9+ devices.

Ridelog below:

Ridelog from Sep 25, 2019
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/8927202/

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
I received a notification for a trail status update but I couldn't understand the trail layout. The user took a screenshot and uploaded it with the report as opposed to a geo position (which doesn't seem to work in the app).

When I scaled out to assess where I thought it was on my computer, there was no trail in that location.
When I fired up the app, there was. The trail is a LONG (43km) one that covers a big area and it seems to have been scaled and shifted ONLY in the app.

Region : BC / South Okanagan /
Trails :
KVR/TCT - Penticton to Chute Lake/Highlands Trail (scaled and shifted)
KVR - Summerland to Princeton (scaled and rotated 90 degrees)

Phone : iPhone 7 iOS 12.4.1
App map sync date : Oct 8, 4:26pm (resync'd after writing this, still present)
Computer : iMac OSX 10.11.6
Browser : Safari 11.1.12

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
For trail reports, would it be possible to coach submitters a bit in some cases? This time of year we get a lot of vague "tree down" reports, it's help a ton if they all had a picture and GPS location. I _really_ like knowing how big a tree is so I know whether it needs a chainsaw Smile

Could the app prompt users for more detail based on text in the report? Eg if text.Contains("tree") and no pic/map then prompt for the missing item(s)?

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
Hi guys,
I think there's a bug on mobile app, it does not shows "overrided" trail associations, while it always lists the one linked to the parent area. No problem on desktops, I updated databases on mobile before checking.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
That's a real bummer, as having Trailforks for Apple Watch would push me over the edge to buy one. I'd rather spend a bit more and get a multiuse Apple Watch than $500 for a single use Garmin 530. And I know many with Apple Watches. May just be a cart bfore the horse issue.

canadaka wrote:
eljefespeaks wrote:
Hi Canadaka,

I've posted this before, but when will we see an Apple Watch app? Such a PITA when you are in an unknown area to dig for your phone, hope your new gloves ACTUALLY work with the iPhone, take the gloves off, figure out which trail fork to take, then stuff the phone back in your pocket.

It would be killer to just look at the mini map on the Apple Watch to quickly see which fork to take!

Thanks!

We are a small dev team and just don't have the resources for it. And the market is small. I literally know zero people who ride with an Apple Watch. But I do know A LOT of mtb'ers who ride with Garmin watches or bike computers. And a few friends who uses Wahoo devices.

We recommend Garmin Edge 530 device for the best "don't have to pull out my phone" solution.

Also this product is great for using your phone with gloves on! https://www.nanotips.com/

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
TheTambu wrote:
Hi guys,
I think there's a bug on mobile app, it does not shows "overrided" trail associations, while it always lists the one linked to the parent area. No problem on desktops, I updated databases on mobile before checking.

I think this has been fixed awhile ago. We'll have a small app update next week probably.

Posted: 5 hours ago Quote
Thanks, i downloaded a new version of TF app today, but still having the issue :/
Can you confirm it should be resolved now?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007708
Mobile Version of Website