Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
I received a notification for a trail status update but I couldn't understand the trail layout. The user took a screenshot and uploaded it with the report as opposed to a geo position (which doesn't seem to work in the app).

When I scaled out to assess where I thought it was on my computer, there was no trail in that location.
When I fired up the app, there was. The trail is a LONG (43km) one that covers a big area and it seems to have been scaled and shifted ONLY in the app.

Region : BC / South Okanagan /
Trails :
KVR/TCT - Penticton to Chute Lake/Highlands Trail (scaled and shifted)
KVR - Summerland to Princeton (scaled and rotated 90 degrees)

Phone : iPhone 7 iOS 12.4.1
App map sync date : Oct 8, 4:26pm (resync'd after writing this, still present)
Computer : iMac OSX 10.11.6
Browser : Safari 11.1.12

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
For trail reports, would it be possible to coach submitters a bit in some cases? This time of year we get a lot of vague "tree down" reports, it's help a ton if they all had a picture and GPS location. I _really_ like knowing how big a tree is so I know whether it needs a chainsaw Smile

Could the app prompt users for more detail based on text in the report? Eg if text.Contains("tree") and no pic/map then prompt for the missing item(s)?

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
Hi guys,
I think there's a bug on mobile app, it does not shows "overrided" trail associations, while it always lists the one linked to the parent area. No problem on desktops, I updated databases on mobile before checking.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
That's a real bummer, as having Trailforks for Apple Watch would push me over the edge to buy one. I'd rather spend a bit more and get a multiuse Apple Watch than $500 for a single use Garmin 530. And I know many with Apple Watches. May just be a cart bfore the horse issue.

canadaka wrote:
eljefespeaks wrote:
Hi Canadaka,

I've posted this before, but when will we see an Apple Watch app? Such a PITA when you are in an unknown area to dig for your phone, hope your new gloves ACTUALLY work with the iPhone, take the gloves off, figure out which trail fork to take, then stuff the phone back in your pocket.

It would be killer to just look at the mini map on the Apple Watch to quickly see which fork to take!

Thanks!

We are a small dev team and just don't have the resources for it. And the market is small. I literally know zero people who ride with an Apple Watch. But I do know A LOT of mtb'ers who ride with Garmin watches or bike computers. And a few friends who uses Wahoo devices.

We recommend Garmin Edge 530 device for the best "don't have to pull out my phone" solution.

Also this product is great for using your phone with gloves on! https://www.nanotips.com/

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
TheTambu wrote:
Hi guys,
I think there's a bug on mobile app, it does not shows "overrided" trail associations, while it always lists the one linked to the parent area. No problem on desktops, I updated databases on mobile before checking.

I think this has been fixed awhile ago. We'll have a small app update next week probably.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
Thanks, i downloaded a new version of TF app today, but still having the issue :/
Can you confirm it should be resolved now?

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
First of all, thanks to the team behind TrailForks. It's a fantastic tool, and a huge benefit to the mtb community! My wife and I travel a fair amount, and it's great for finding new trails and exploring. I do have one question though:

Is there a way to download basemaps ahead of time, other than just scrolling around and hoping they stay cached for when I need them? Being able to see topography and nearby roads, etc is really useful when exploring new trails, but it's hard to do reliably in TrailForks as far as I can tell. I know downloading the entire set at different zoom levels would probably take up a ton of space, but honestly it'd be worth it to me.

Ohh, one other thing. What's the best way to support Trailforks' development? As best I can see, it's a totally free app with no adds, which is awesome! What's the best way to help keep it that way and to say thanks for keeping me from getting totally lost in the woods?

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
gibspaulding wrote:
First of all, thanks to the team behind TrailForks. It's a fantastic tool, and a huge benefit to the mtb community! My wife and I travel a fair amount, and it's great for finding new trails and exploring. I do have one question though:

Is there a way to download basemaps ahead of time, other than just scrolling around and hoping they stay cached for when I need them? Being able to see topography and nearby roads, etc is really useful when exploring new trails, but it's hard to do reliably in TrailForks as far as I can tell. I know downloading the entire set at different zoom levels would probably take up a ton of space, but honestly it'd be worth it to me.

Ohh, one other thing. What's the best way to support Trailforks' development? As best I can see, it's a totally free app with no adds, which is awesome! What's the best way to help keep it that way and to say thanks for keeping me from getting totally lost in the woods?

Fully offline basemap in the app is being worked on, will be ready at some point in first half of 2020.

For now you can just keep using Trailforks and telling people about it to support us!

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
canadaka wrote:
gibspaulding wrote:

Fully offline basemap in the app is being worked on, will be ready at some point in first half of 2020.

For now you can just keep using Trailforks and telling people about it to support us!

That's super exciting to hear, thanks!

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
Hi, I am using the app on a Pixel 4 XL (Android 10) and I have an issue with the layout of the buttons (settings, track, locate) at the top of the screen. The icons for each button are not centered in the circles. This is happening because I am not using the default "Font size" or "Display size". In my case they are set to "Largest" and "Large" (old eyes). If I change these settings back to the default values it looks fine.

Also, I reported this through the app with a screenshot, but I wanted to post it here for other users with the same issue.

Thank you!

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
Is there any way to type in GPS coordinates on the mobile app? I run a page https://www.facebook.com/RVAtrailreport/
and many users send me google map pins. I haven't found a way to easily import that location into Trailforks App without going to the web version and painfully typing in or copy and pasting the coordinates. I do that so I can create a Report on Trailforks so the local managers can easily locate the problem area using the app. We have found it much easier to use the Trailforks map rather than Google Maps because there is more trail detail on the app.

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
jpblankenship wrote:
Is there any way to type in GPS coordinates on the mobile app? I run a page https://www.facebook.com/RVAtrailreport/
and many users send me google map pins. I haven't found a way to easily import that location into Trailforks App without going to the web version and painfully typing in or copy and pasting the coordinates. I do that so I can create a Report on Trailforks so the local managers can easily locate the problem area using the app. We have found it much easier to use the Trailforks map rather than Google Maps because there is more trail detail on the app.

Hmm currently no, are you wanting to manual enter for the purpose of a trail report? Or to just show a pin on the map at that location? We do have plans to add a personal waypoints feature.

You can share a map pin location to the app using this URL format:
https://www.trailforks.com/tracker/map/?ping=49.337724,-122.971816
If you click that link on your phone, it should open that location in the app with a yellow pin. Just change the lat,lng in the URL.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
I feel the same way. I’d pay for an Apple Watch app of Trailforks. Just got one due to the price drop now, after seeing that it can be linked to Strava.
That was going to be my workaround but I keep getting this error trying to connect my Strava to Trailforks:

{"message":"Bad Request","errors":[{"resource":"Application","field":"redirect_uri","code":"invalid"}]}

I really just want to be able to record my runs by hitting start and go on my wrist.
Please advise.
Thank you.

eljefespeaks wrote:
That's a real bummer, as having Trailforks for Apple Watch would push me over the edge to buy one. I'd rather spend a bit more and get a multiuse Apple Watch than $500 for a single use Garmin 530. And I know many with Apple Watches. May just be a cart bfore the horse issue.

canadaka wrote:
eljefespeaks wrote:
Hi Canadaka,

I've posted this before, but when will we see an Apple Watch app? Such a PITA when you are in an unknown area to dig for your phone, hope your new gloves ACTUALLY work with the iPhone, take the gloves off, figure out which trail fork to take, then stuff the phone back in your pocket.

It would be killer to just look at the mini map on the Apple Watch to quickly see which fork to take!

Thanks!

We are a small dev team and just don't have the resources for it. And the market is small. I literally know zero people who ride with an Apple Watch. But I do know A LOT of mtb'ers who ride with Garmin watches or bike computers. And a few friends who uses Wahoo devices.

We recommend Garmin Edge 530 device for the best "don't have to pull out my phone" solution.

Also this product is great for using your phone with gloves on! https://www.nanotips.com/

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
It appears on your website profile that you have Strava connected?
https://www.trailforks.com/profile/SHREDWORX/

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
Yes. Thank you for checking. I managed to hook it all up but it was a real frustrating exercise. Still figuring things out though. The gps accuracy is quite off on my iPhone/iWatch.

canadaka wrote:
It appears on your website profile that you have Strava connected?
https://www.trailforks.com/profile/SHREDWORX/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039466
Mobile Version of Website