Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 18:48 Quote
Thanks.

The other two riders with me rode the same path as I did & got the trails in the ridelogs. Strange..

Have a good weekend.

canadaka wrote:
dangaras wrote:
Ridelog tracking issue.

Ridelog from 11 June 2020, rode a trail called Sixplay, definitely on trail, GPS track shows, manually added to ridelog, but a rescan removes it.

3 of us rode this exact route but I am the only one who can't get the trail assigned to the ridelog.

Can a dev figure out what's going on?

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/14020041/

Thanx..

The GPS track for that trail was definitely off what our ridelog heatmap is showing. So I edited the trail and re-scanned your ridelog.

Posted: Jun 19, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
With Strava currently stripping out so much data/making it now only available for premium paid subscription, I am genuinely surprised at the number of people I know who are pissed off and using a #boycottstrava tag (hahaha)... This could actually represent an opportunity for Trailforks, if the TF mobile app were to introduce a "Friends Ridelog Feed" capacity, with in-your-face PR's and friendly competition... justsayin'.
Cheers & keep up the great work!!

Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
Hey there, long time Trailforks user, first time on the forum. Thanks for making such a great tool. Posting with a suggestion for the app. Adding on to the photo upload ability for specific trails on Trailforks, it would be great if a user uploading a photo had the option to specify a point along the trail that the photo was taken at.

Also, curious if the trailforks code is open-source or not? Thanks.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 22, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
Evandux wrote:
Hey there, long time Trailforks user, first time on the forum. Thanks for making such a great tool. Posting with a suggestion for the app. Adding on to the photo upload ability for specific trails on Trailforks, it would be great if a user uploading a photo had the option to specify a point along the trail that the photo was taken at.

Also, curious if the trailforks code is open-source or not? Thanks.

It is not opensource.

If the photo contains geolocation metadata, then that will be used when the photo is uploaded and the photo will have a map location.

So make sure to have location enabled on your Camera app. And for best results record your ride and take photos, that way when you take out the phone to take a photo, it will have an accurate GPS location.

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 9:32 Quote
Greetings.

I'm new to the app and having trouble with uploading a ride log. I recorded to test rides yesterday out of cell range. When I got back home, they both showed the little circular icon to the side in 'Recording History' when I got home. (It's mentioned on this help page: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/89/)
I clicked on them and they uploaded and then turned to green check marks. Unfortunately, only one of the two since then shows up in my ride logs. The second one is still in my Recording History on my phone, but doesn't show up in my ride logs on either the app or desktop site. Is there any way to upload it again from my phone? Or did that recording go somewhere else I might find it?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 9:54 Quote
Would it be possible to show the popularity direction of the trail in the app? Time and time again when I am visiting a new trail network and I pull out my phone to look up a trail the direction that the trail has been uploaded is not the popular direction. It's awesome to see the popularity direction on the website but it would be really helpful to have it on the app too.

To piggyback off of that would it be possible to have the trail direction default to the popular direction? Meaning every time I look at the map I would be seeing the start point and end point of the trails running in the most popular direction.

Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
Today my ridelog shows I ride 2 trails in the Don Valley, Toronto that are not listed. This is the second time this season I've ridden Motown and it had not been listed.

What's up. My Garmin gpx file is loaded and it shows the essentially the same track.

Motown & Fruitloop.

from Jun 25, 2020
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/14509748/

Thanx,

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
Would like to know if there's a setting in the app to keep the blue dot and location in the centre of the screen when navigating along a trail so that the map moves, not the blue dot.

It would be a great app with this feature!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
research37 wrote:
Greetings.

I'm new to the app and having trouble with uploading a ride log. I recorded to test rides yesterday out of cell range. When I got back home, they both showed the little circular icon to the side in 'Recording History' when I got home. (It's mentioned on this help page: https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/89/)
I clicked on them and they uploaded and then turned to green check marks. Unfortunately, only one of the two since then shows up in my ride logs. The second one is still in my Recording History on my phone, but doesn't show up in my ride logs on either the app or desktop site. Is there any way to upload it again from my phone? Or did that recording go somewhere else I might find it?

Thanks!

provin1327 wrote:
Would it be possible to show the popularity direction of the trail in the app? Time and time again when I am visiting a new trail network and I pull out my phone to look up a trail the direction that the trail has been uploaded is not the popular direction. It's awesome to see the popularity direction on the website but it would be really helpful to have it on the app too.

To piggyback off of that would it be possible to have the trail direction default to the popular direction? Meaning every time I look at the map I would be seeing the start point and end point of the trails running in the most popular direction.

I will try and add the direction info to the app in the next update.

dangaras wrote:
Today my ridelog shows I ride 2 trails in the Don Valley, Toronto that are not listed. Tits is the second time this season I've ridden Motown and it had not been listed.

What's up. My Garmin gpx file is loaded and it shows the essentially the same track.

Motown & Fruitloop.

from Jun 25, 2020

Thanx,

You really need to ride the start of a trail to guarantee it being "matched"

Gaz1212 wrote:
Would like to know if there's a setting in the app to keep the blue dot and location in the centre of the screen when navigating along a trail so that the map moves, not the blue dot.

If you tap the locate button once, it centers and turns black icon. When in this state, if you are recording it will re-center the screen ever 10th point.

Posted: Jun 26, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
canadaka wrote:
dangaras wrote:
Today my ridelog shows I rode 2 trails in the Don Valley, Toronto that are not listed. This is the second time this season I've ridden Motown and it had not been listed.

Motown & Fruitloop.

from Jun 25, 2020

Thanx,

You really need to ride the start of a trail to guarantee it being "matched"

I see. So you have tightened up the "start-end & on-the -trail" requirements.. That start section of Motown is off-limits, heavily blocked by construction fencing with big chains & locks.. No way to get there for a little longer.

That would explain Fruitloop, Sounds like the same issue as a couple of weeks ago with the Sixplay trail where you had to adjust the maps to accomodate a "difference".

However, it does not explain how I was assigned the "Devils Hill" trail, on the east end of my track, a double black diamond, which both GPS tracks show I didn't ride yesterday....

^---click the link to see the JPG image.

It would appear the new map system or the GPS track algorithm is buggy...

Do you need any logs, or testing done? Let me know.

Thanx,

Andre

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
Gaz1212 wrote:

If you tap the locate button once, it centers and turns black icon. When in this state, if you are recording it will re-center the screen ever 10th point.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Usually I don't trip record on longer rides as battery life deteriorates very quickly. Are there any plans to make the auto re-centering feature permanent without having to trip record? Have used OsmAnd app for trail navigation over many years and this feature is built-in without having to record a trip and is very useful when navigating long trails where battery life becomes quite critical.

Another enhancement I would love to see would be zoom in/out buttons on screen. Anything in the pipeline?

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 19:35 Quote
Jefferson Forest completionist badge trail list needs to be revised.

I've submitted this request before, two trails have been closed by the regional conservation agency.

Replay & Swan Lake Loop are physically blocked and are marked as closed in the app.

However, the completionist badge still had these two trails on the list.

Could you please remove them from the list for the riders in our group to achieve the badge?

May I suggest replacements? "Moto XC" & "Yo Momma" would be suitable...

Thanx

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 18:44 Quote
dangaras wrote:

I've submitted this request before, two trails have been closed by the regional conservation agency.

Replay & Swan Lake Loop are physically blocked and are marked as closed in the app.

Could you please remove them from the list for the riders in our group to achieve the badge?

Thanx

done!

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
That's great!. Appreciate the assistance.

If you need anything more verified out here let me know..

Thanx,
André

canadaka wrote:
dangaras wrote:

Thanx

done!

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Hey, there was some GPS inaccuracy in a GPX track that we used for a new trail section. I edited it to remove the 'tail' and it looks right on the web, but (weeks later) there's an extra section of trail past the one it ends at when viewed on mobile. I could redraw it, but some other builder will probably trip over this so I thought I'd report the issue instead, so you could look into the editor Smile

I've tried deleting and re-downloading the maps, no change.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/mount-seymour/?activitytype=1&z=18.0&lat=49.32697&lon=-122.98143

@canadaka is there a better place to raise this? This thread is pretty high-traffic...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006340
Mobile Version of Website