Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 11:31 Quote
With which navigation app, & have you tried one of the parking lots at Mansfield. for eg?

Crapalier wrote:
provin1327 wrote:
When I try and pull up driving directions to a parking area on the app when Google Maps launches it pulls up "undefimed, undefined" as the gps coordinates and it glitches out.

Works fine for me on iPhone 7 (13.4.1), Trailforks v1.39

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 21:15 Quote
dangaras wrote:
With which navigation app, & have you tried one of the parking lots at Mansfield. for eg?

Trailforks : Google Maps (defaulted) on clicking "Driving Instructions"

Home to Mansfield trail parking is about 39 hours apparently.

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
When I try and pull up driving directions to a parking area on the app when Google Maps launches it pulls up "undefimed, undefined" as the gps coordinates and it glitches out.

There was a bug just on POI driving directions link in the infoWindow popup. It's now fixed in the update rolling out today.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 19:59 Quote
Lol. U sure Google maps wasn't in Tricycle mode??

Hopefully the fix pushed out today will fix the issue.

Crapalier wrote:
dangaras wrote:

Trailforks : Google Maps (defaulted) on clicking "Driving Instructions"

Home to Mansfield trail parking is about 39 hours apparently.

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
dangaras wrote:

No. BC to Ontario is quite a ways. Done the drive. It sucks.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
dangaras wrote:

No. BC to Ontario is quite a ways. Done the drive. It sucks.

Lol. Stop at all the bike trails along the way. Makes it more tolerable.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
Still having crazy accuracy issues and offshoots. Location allowed all the time, power optimization turned off for app. Pixel 3, android 10, June 5th security patch.

This is way worse than normal for this trail.
photo

This should be on the upper trail, no where near the purple fireroad.
photo

This is a disaster, it jumps into a ravine.
photo

A friends garmin watch looks fine on all these trails. My older ridelogs (i.e. 2019) are way better.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 20:58 Quote
Unfortunately I agree. We, there are 3 of us, are seeing this very sloppy, meandering, tracking that is actually making us not "get" trails we have ridden.

The admins have at least once corrected/adjusted a trail to match my ridelog which didn't match the other 2 riders I was with. They got the trail listed in the ridelog & I didn't.

Strava I hear, is having similar gps issues.

This is difficult to deal with and is probably putting a lot of pressure on the development team. Hopefully this kind of inaccuracy is resolved soon.

eh-steve wrote:
Still having crazy accuracy issues and offshoots. Location allowed all the time, power optimization turned off for app. Pixel 3, android 10, June 5th security patch.

This is way worse than normal for this trail.
photo

This should be on the upper trail, no where near the purple fireroad.
photo

This is a disaster, it jumps into a ravine.
photo

A friends garmin watch looks fine on all these trails. My older ridelogs (i.e. 2019) are way better.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
dangaras wrote:
Unfortunately I agree. We, there are 3 of us, are seeing this very sloppy, meandering, tracking that is actually making us not "get" trails we have ridden.

The admins have at least once corrected/adjusted a trail to match my ridelog which didn't match the other 2 riders I was with. They got the trail listed in the ridelog & I didn't.

This is difficult to deal with and is probably putting a lot of pressure on the development team. Hopefully this kind of inaccuracy is resolved soon.

Waze as well, apparently. The google forum is quite active with these types of complaints. There is a huge thread called "gps issues after android10 update".

Google pulled the high accuracy option from the settings in android 10 and has prioritized battery life over location accuracy. I'm assuming a lot of apps were battery drains due to pulling location more often than needed.

I haven't looked into it heavily but it looks as though things have changed for developers in android. If you are using a library or framework (like most apps, so you can run on more than one platform) rather than writing and android app directly in Kotilin or Java your hands are somewhat tied (other than figuring it out yourself and create a pull-request.. assuming the library/plugin/framework/platform is open source).

I didn't miss any trails (amazingly) so I'm assuming as a workaround they've made the matching a little more loose. Still sucks as my trail times and distances aren't accurate. I can ride with a friend and my distance is a km short of both his distance and the distance of the ride plan.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
Spoke too soon. I missed quite a few trails I rode today because the beginnings and ends didn't match close enough.The ridelog also claims I rode trails I didn't. Ugh.

Maybe time to pull one of my old nexus phones out of the drawer or the old iphone SE. Or buy a garmin device/watch.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
GBeard wrote:
Not the old iPhone SE. That’s what I am using and it isn’t working this year. Whatever they (trailforks or apple?... idk) did this winter sure seems to be messed up for a lot of people. The app isn’t working for anyone I ride with. I’m probably going to bite the bullet and buy a garmin edge 130 plus.

Thanks for the heads up. You saved me some effort and frustration. I owe you a beer. If you're ever in Vancouver Island pm me.

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
I'm having issues with the app on a Google Pixel. GPS logging turns off almost right away. I rode 90 minutes today, but the app says I rode 53 meters and shows a very short "route" from where I turned on the GPS. Reviews in the Google store are stating the same thing about not logging the GPS and basically having the GPS tracking turn off within minutes. I thought it was my phone, but I'm now thinking it's the app. Anybody else having this issue or know a solution?

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
Today at Puslinch we wandered around like vagrants for a bit because the GPS track we loaded into the Garmin 520+ struggled to hit the marks.

The ridelog was better but still sloppy.

I don't really rely on Trailforks any more because the fun of chasing badges is overwhelmed by the disappointment of not getting a trail in your ridden list even though you can see it on the track.

We use it more to get to the location and to judge the quality of the location.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon. Unfortunate circumstance.

eh-steve wrote:
dangaras wrote:

Waze as well, apparently. The google forum is quite active with these types of complaints. There is a huge thread called "gps issues after android10 update".

Google pulled the high accuracy option from the settings in android 10 and has prioritized battery life over location accuracy. I'm assuming a lot of apps were battery drains due to pulling location more often than needed.

I haven't looked into it heavily but it looks as though things have changed for developers in android. If you are using a library or framework (like most apps, so you can run on more than one platform) rather than writing and android app directly in Kotilin or Java your hands are somewhat tied (other than figuring it out yourself and create a pull-request.. assuming the library/plugin/framework/platform is open source).

I didn't miss any trails (amazingly) so I'm assuming as a workaround they've made the matching a little more loose. Still sucks as my trail times and distances aren't accurate. I can ride with a friend and my distance is a km short of both his distance and the distance of the ride plan.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.114013
Mobile Version of Website