Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
Spoke too soon. I missed quite a few trails I rode today because the beginnings and ends didn't match close enough.The ridelog also claims I rode trails I didn't. Ugh.

Maybe time to pull one of my old nexus phones out of the drawer or the old iphone SE. Or buy a garmin device/watch.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
Not the old iPhone SE. That’s what I am using and it isn’t working this year. Whatever they (trailforks or apple?... idk) did this winter sure seems to be messed up for a lot of people. The app isn’t working for anyone I ride with. I’m probably going to bite the bullet and buy a garmin edge 130 plus.

Posted: Jul 10, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
GBeard wrote:
Not the old iPhone SE. That’s what I am using and it isn’t working this year. Whatever they (trailforks or apple?... idk) did this winter sure seems to be messed up for a lot of people. The app isn’t working for anyone I ride with. I’m probably going to bite the bullet and buy a garmin edge 130 plus.

Thanks for the heads up. You saved me some effort and frustration. I owe you a beer. If you're ever in Vancouver Island pm me.

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
I'm having issues with the app on a Google Pixel. GPS logging turns off almost right away. I rode 90 minutes today, but the app says I rode 53 meters and shows a very short "route" from where I turned on the GPS. Reviews in the Google store are stating the same thing about not logging the GPS and basically having the GPS tracking turn off within minutes. I thought it was my phone, but I'm now thinking it's the app. Anybody else having this issue or know a solution?

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
Today at Puslinch we wandered around like vagrants for a bit because the GPS track we loaded into the Garmin 520+ struggled to hit the marks.

The ridelog was better but still sloppy.

I don't really rely on Trailforks any more because the fun of chasing badges is overwhelmed by the disappointment of not getting a trail in your ridden list even though you can see it on the track.

We use it more to get to the location and to judge the quality of the location.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon. Unfortunate circumstance.

eh-steve wrote:
dangaras wrote:
Unfortunately I agree. We, there are 3 of us, are seeing this very sloppy, meandering, tracking that is actually making us not "get" trails we have ridden.

The admins have at least once corrected/adjusted a trail to match my ridelog which didn't match the other 2 riders I was with. They got the trail listed in the ridelog & I didn't.

Strava I hear, is having similar gps issues.

This is difficult to deal with and is probably putting a lot of pressure on the development team. Hopefully this kind of inaccuracy is resolved soon.


Waze as well, apparently. The google forum is quite active with these types of complaints. There is a huge thread called "gps issues after android10 update".

Google pulled the high accuracy option from the settings in android 10 and has prioritized battery life over location accuracy. I'm assuming a lot of apps were battery drains due to pulling location more often than needed.

I haven't looked into it heavily but it looks as though things have changed for developers in android. If you are using a library or framework (like most apps, so you can run on more than one platform) rather than writing and android app directly in Kotilin or Java your hands are somewhat tied (other than figuring it out yourself and create a pull-request.. assuming the library/plugin/framework/platform is open source).

I didn't miss any trails (amazingly) so I'm assuming as a workaround they've made the matching a little more loose. Still sucks as my trail times and distances aren't accurate. I can ride with a friend and my distance is a km short of both his distance and the distance of the ride plan.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 0:58 Quote
GBeard wrote:
Not the old iPhone SE. That’s what I am using and it isn’t working this year. Whatever they (trailforks or apple?... idk) did this winter sure seems to be messed up for a lot of people. The app isn’t working for anyone I ride with. I’m probably going to bite the bullet and buy a garmin edge 130 plus.

Im on old SE it was shitty in the spring. Currently (June, July) works great.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
So will this request get a response at some point??


dangaras wrote:
Please revise the Dufferin County Forest Main Tract (in Mansfield Ontario) Completionist badge. The 4 following trails have been removed from public visibility & as such riders are unable to find or ride them to achieve badge completion status.

3rd of 21: Connector (Green)
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/connector-101086/

4th of 21: Connector (Blue)
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/connector-100153/

12th of 21: Starter (green)
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/starter-100146/

21st of 21: Thusters (Green)
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/thusters/

Possible Replcements:

-The Lollipop
https://www.trailforks.com/tracker/map/?ping=44.212962,-80.016520

-Trail to Somewhere
https://www.trailforks.com/tracker/map/?ping=44.207994,-80.014345

-Ravine Run
https://www.trailforks.com/tracker/map/?ping=44.210819,-80.037928

-Ken's Extension
https://www.trailforks.com/tracker/map/?ping=44.225626,-80.021889

Thanks in advance

Andre

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 20:04 Quote
dangaras wrote:
So will this request get a response at some point??

Have you tried contacting your local admin? Probably easier than requesting mana from the TF gods all the time.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
Lol, yeah. They usually get to it in a timely fashion but this request has been languishing & I am being pestered by my ride tribe to get an answer.

How do I figure out who my local Admin is anyway?

Crapalier wrote:
dangaras wrote:
So will this request get a response at some point??

Have you tried contacting your local admin? Probably easier than requesting mana from the TF gods all the time.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
I ride with a Garmin Edge 520 plus & let me tell you, I am NOT impressed.

The idea is sound, the Trailforks integration works, the ability for the Trailforks app to import the Garmin GPX file after the ride also works but the navigation sucks.

The unit is slow to load the TF routes, slow to provide the trail directions (specially when riding in a set of denser trails), regularly loses it's mind if you cross previously or to yet be ridden parts of the route..

I don't know if the 8 or 10 series is any better but I am at my limit on throwing good $ after bad..

I try to find a local to ride with instead.

The mapping issue isn't apparently going away any time soon, so I have to live with it or move onto another app and deal with it's issues.

This year sucks for everyone, can't win for losing!

Hope things get better soon for everyone.

eh-steve wrote:
Spoke too soon. I missed quite a few trails I rode today because the beginnings and ends didn't match close enough.The ridelog also claims I rode trails I didn't. Ugh.

Maybe time to pull one of my old nexus phones out of the drawer or the old iphone SE. Or buy a garmin device/watch.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
What's going on with the Millwood-up-downhill trail in the Don Valley, On trail system?

It's visible on the route planner as a red dotted line, the text with no route is visible on the Trailforks app, and it isn't visible on the website.

We ride along the bottom section to check if it was still there yesterday and it is..

Thanx.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
dangaras wrote:
What's going on with the Millwood-up-downhill trail in the Don Valley, On trail system?

It's visible on the route planner as a red dotted line, the text with no route is visible on the Trailforks app, and it isn't visible on the website.

We ride along the bottom section to check if it was still there yesterday and it is..

Thanx.

"Message: Trail is not visible to public!"

So it's been hidden on purpose. Probably best to talk to the local admin: Wyrmblight. Or talk to TORBA.

Sounds like a local issue not a trailforks issue (i.e. politics/land access).

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Lol, right. I don't see that message.

I tried to donate to TORBA, Durham & Richmond Hill through Trailforks yesterday but none of them, according to PayPal had valid email address or PayPal accounts.

TORBA website is deader than Russian communism so no idea how to reach them.

Who is "Wyrmblight" and how do I reach our verify that they are actually able to provide relevant info?

Thanx so

André


eh-steve wrote:
dangaras wrote:
What's going on with the Millwood-up-downhill trail in the Don Valley, On trail system?

It's visible on the route planner as a red dotted line, the text with no route is visible on the Trailforks app, and it isn't visible on the website.

We ride along the bottom section to check if it was still there yesterday and it is..

Thanx.

"Message: Trail is not visible to public!"

So it's been hidden on purpose. Probably best to talk to the local admin: Wyrmblight. Or talk to TORBA.

Sounds like a local issue not a trailforks issue (i.e. politics/land access).

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
dangaras wrote:
Lol, right. I don't see that message.

I tried to donate to TORBA, Durham & Richmond Hill through Trailforks yesterday but none of them, according to PayPal had valid email address or PayPal accounts.

TORBA website is deader than Russian communism so no idea how to reach them.

Who is "Wyrmblight" and how do I reach our verify that they are actually able to provide relevant info?

Thanx so

André



No clue who Wyrmblight is, but they are listed as the admin for that region. Go to the region page, scroll down (or search for admin) then click on that user, then you can message them.

Posted: 9 hours ago Quote
Perfect. Thanks for the assistance.

eh-steve wrote:
dangaras wrote:
Lol, right. I don't see that message.

I tried to donate to TORBA, Durham & Richmond Hill through Trailforks yesterday but none of them, according to PayPal had valid email address or PayPal accounts.

TORBA website is deader than Russian communism so no idea how to reach them.

Who is "Wyrmblight" and how do I reach our verify that they are actually able to provide relevant info?

Thanx so

André



No clue who Wyrmblight is, but they are listed as the admin for that region. Go to the region page, scroll down (or search for admin) then click on that user, then you can message them.

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007306
Mobile Version of Website