Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 21:24 Quote
Hi there admin,

I keep having this issue: when I have the Trailforks app open, it constantly connects and drops my internet connection every 20 seconds or so. I doesn’t matter if I am on WiFi or LTE. Thoughts? I am in an iPhone8.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 18:20 Quote
Ok, the attached Ridelog is an example of how the latest GPS tracking is not working out.

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/16026964/

5 trails were only partial matches. The first 4 are dead on 100% we rode the trail end to end. The fifth was not even near our route.

-Redway Road to 3 Rocks Climb
-Sanitation Plant to Ridge
-Quadloop Connector
-Fruitloop
-3 Rocks to Sun Valley (Didn't even ride this one)

So, what can we do to help make this tracking more accurate?

Is this a Google screwing with GPs accuracy? Do you need me to ride with 2 different phones running the app at the same time to get you feedback?

My Garmin track is set to be read in by TF after each ride. Is it not providing accurate tracking either?

Let me know..

Thanx,

A

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
Broken record here..

Today's ride at Ravenshoe was another epic slap to the face, ridelog 16478587, my wife & I took special care to ride every blue & black trail in the forest, together. start to finish..

Not surprisingly, we were not credited with a few. Stinky, Stumpy & Old Jay --I think we missed a small section at the north end.

Looking at the GPS track it is all over the place on some of these trails. However, still does not excuse the inaccuracy.

Also, the trails are a mess with all the foot traffic tromping around, widening the trails and bushwhacking new connector trails. Caused no end of confusion today.

We were careful to take our time to follow trails & to go start to finish.

So what's the fix?

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 21:18 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
Broken record here..

Today's ride at Ravenshoe was another epic slap to the face, ridelog 16478587, my wife & I took special care to ride every blue & black trail in the forest, together. start to finish..

Not surprisingly, we were not credited with a few. Stinky, Stumpy & Old Jay --I think we missed a small section at the north end.

Looking at the GPS track it is all over the place on some of these trails. However, still does not excuse the inaccuracy.

Also, the trails are a mess with all the foot traffic tromping around, widening the trails and bushwhacking new connector trails. Caused no end of confusion today.

So what's the fix?

Maybe the issue is percentage of time on mapped track. GPS are only really ‘accurate’ to 3-5m on a clear sky with no coverage.
On trails as short as these ones, maybe the percentage of time it sees you ‘off trail’ is too much for the parameters assigned. Or maybe it is a fixed number that it must meet.

(Not) Secret cheat for the credit is to just edit your ridelog once it is uploaded and add the trails as ‘ridden’.
Boom. Badges completed.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 1:45 Quote
I think you should be able to upload pictures of your ride as soon as you filled in all the required info before saving the logged ride.

As it is now it´s inconvenient.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
hardtailssuck wrote:
I think you should be able to upload pictures of your ride as soon as you filled in all the required info before saving the logged ride.

I would imagine it is currently setup so less can go wrong and the data lost in case a photo craps the app. Your tracks are stored locally so if there are too many steps, it increases the potential for failure.
Best method would be for it to upload immediately and then bring up an edit page to load photos, add description.

I'm pretty sure Strava even has to go back and add photos afterwards.

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 15:41 Quote
Lol, yeah I know about that ratch, but it does not work anymore. Adding the missing trails leaves them hanging there with no stats.

Something is definitely not right and it appears to be getting worse the more we ride.

Since the Devs don't expose the inner workings of the "GPS code" its a guessing game at best.

We struggle on.

Thanx

1partatatime wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
Broken record here..

So what's the fix?

Maybe the issue is percentage of time on mapped track. GPS are only really ‘accurate’ to 3-5m on a clear sky with no coverage.
On trails as short as these ones, maybe the percentage of time it sees you ‘off trail’ is too much for the parameters assigned. Or maybe it is a fixed number that it must meet.

(Not) Secret cheat for the credit is to just edit your ridelog once it is uploaded and add the trails as ‘ridden’.
Boom. Badges completed.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 25, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
hardtailssuck wrote:

You can upload photos to a ridelog if you edit the Ridelog in the app now. Or on the website.

I do have it on my version of the app I can add photos on the upload. But I have not made public. Cause the photos don't upload in the background, your app needs to be open for them to upload. I don't wanna make that public and ad confusion until we can create a proper background uploading system.

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
Another Day, another ride, another GPS miss!

Ride log 16770596, I got partial on Hidden fortress & Everything Butt.

Nonsense!

Would you like to see the video from the ride??

Dawn rode 100% the same trails, same track as I did. Ride log 16770442 got credited for Hidden fortress but also got partial for Everything Butt.

More nonsense! We specifically rode today to look for Hidden fortress, everything butt, everything and & nipple slip.

You guys have got to resolve this gos accuracy issue. It's annoying and aggravating.

Since it's not only my device, it must be the gps code &/or Google.

Thanx.

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 23:35 Quote
We found that gps logging on mobile devices is very inaccurate. We started using Garmin gps watches (vivosport), which helped gps accuracy a lot.

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 0:12 Quote
Canadaka, now that you guys decided to monetize the app I would like to suggest something. In your FAQ you offer regional admins and associations a free pro version. I think you should help out the people building and maintaining trails as well. We are the people who keep riding more fun for 99% of the community. In our area we are just a handful of trail builders who put in hours of work. Many are not organized in any sort of association in order to keep things under the radar as trail building is often a sensitive topic in local political communities. That way we do not benefit from trail karma or any other amenities. You guys kept pushing the community support for us. I think this is now the time for you to support the trail builders and maintainers by offering a free version of the pro app.

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 2:08 Quote
hardtailssuck wrote:
Canadaka, now that you guys decided to monetize the app I would like to suggest something. In your FAQ you offer regional admins and associations a free pro version. I think you should help out the people building and maintaining trails as well. We are the people who keep riding more fun for 99% of the community. In our area we are just a handful of trail builders who put in hours of work. Many are not organized in any sort of association in order to keep things under the radar as trail building is often a sensitive topic in local political communities. That way we do not benefit from trail karma or any other amenities. You guys kept pushing the community support for us. I think this is now the time for you to support the trail builders and maintainers by offering a free version of the pro app.

I fully agree. Users with a minimum number of points should have free access to Pro version of the app. I uploaded almost 200 trails in the past few months, and now I'm astonished not only on how TF is not only making money out of my work (and many other users), but also on how I should pay to have access to some of the trails I uploaded!!

It's legal, it's your company... but it's not smart. Feeling cheated.

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
krasty has a very valid point there!

I am a fan of TF and want to support you guys, even with money.

But, If you do take my money, please work on your website and especially app... the UI and UX is bad. (Plus the performance on new safari browers is also bad).
Look at Strava and other big brands, I am sure you find some professional designers and developers who can help you with that project.

So my point is:
Taking money is ok, but use it to make your project better.
There is a lot of room Smile

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
Just to be fair... yesterday I realized that you can actually upgrade the pro version of the app if you have at least 1000 TF points, being 500 of them coming from trail creating or editing. Just go to https://www.trailforks.com/pro/localadmin/ and fulfill your riding area. Easy and fast!

Sorry to blame TF too fast... although I usually access TF through the website, it's good to see how TF takes care of the people that contribute to the community with this detail. Wise decission!!

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 1:06 Quote
Hi, (first time posting). My recent ride brought in all the right trails (Rotorua NZ) but the map shows a trail in the UAE. It comes from strava. On strava it is correct. I tried a resync of the strava data. but didn't seem to help.

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/17041536/

while I am here, just want to say that trailforks was really good for me the other day (when I didn't know where to go). really starting to use this..

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005779
Mobile Version of Website