Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 20:38 Quote
So for users who want to explore places outside of the green square, they need to pay for the pro version??

The folks in Toronto are getting hosed literally. Half the square is in Lake Ontario!! Really guys?!?! So where can they research to ride?? You should take the time to ensure your goefencing makes sense for riders who live near bodies of water.

Even though I'm a pro user, this just seems strange and wrong.

Hope you find a solution soon.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
Upgraded to Pro but am still getting upgrade screen and limited capabilities of free version.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
Same issue as RyderDog, I am on the 7-day free trial with Apple and now can't see a ride I did a couple weeks ago outside my "home area" when using the app.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
RyderDog wrote:
Upgraded to Pro but am still getting upgrade screen and limited capabilities of free version.

There seems to be an issue with the app update over the weekend and it recognizing the Pro Subscription purchase on checkout. We have a fix in review now.

But if you had this issue you can fix it by going to the "Settings" page in the app and clicking "Restore Pro Subscription".
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/126/

hardtailssuck wrote:
Canadaka, now that you guys decided to monetize the app I would like to suggest something. In your FAQ you offer regional admins and associations a free pro version. I think you should help out the people building and maintaining trails as well. We are the people who keep riding more fun for 99% of the community. In our area we are just a handful of trail builders who put in hours of work. Many are not organized in any sort of association in order to keep things under the radar as trail building is often a sensitive topic in local political communities. That way we do not benefit from trail karma or any other amenities. You guys kept pushing the community support for us. I think this is now the time for you to support the trail builders and maintainers by offering a free version of the pro app.

That's why we give 5 free Pro Subscriptions to the local trail association board, or any Trailforks user who has contributed enough content to the platform to earn 1000 points, 500 of which from adding/editing trails. This covers most the people that have contributed and continue to help manage the platform.

It is nearly impossible for us to verify who is a legit trail builder... especially if they work outside the umbrella of the local trail association. We would like to, but it's just not practical or scalable to the world...

andrelaurentmtb wrote:
So for users who want to explore places outside of the green square, they need to pay for the pro version??

The folks in Toronto are getting hosed literally. Half the square is in Lake Ontario!! Really guys?!?! So where can they research to ride?? You should take the time to ensure your goefencing makes sense for riders who live near bodies of water.

You don't have to have your free version centered on Toronto and over the lake, you can edit your free region to be anywhere you'd like. We have considered allowing the free square to be different sizes if the region has less trails nearby.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
Thanks, canadaka, that restore Pro action worked, much appreciated!

Cheers, Rocky

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 16:24 Quote
That's good to hear.

Can you shift the region somewhat north or south etc? Or do you have to pick a specific region?

canadaka wrote:

andrelaurentmtb wrote:

You don't have to have your free version centered on Toronto and over the lake, you can edit your free region to be anywhere you'd like. We have considered allowing the free square to be different sizes if the region has less trails nearby.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
You can place the free region ANYWHERE you like. the UI just lets you move the map around anywhere showing the green box outline.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
nv-northwest wrote:
My elevation profiles on mobile app are all wrong (Iphone 8+), but correct on website. I deleted the app and reinstalled, but this did not fix. Profiles appear almost as though they are from different rides. Path is correct, elevations are entirely wrong. This is not the common complaint of elevation differences from different apps, it's more like the elevation used for the ride is using the wrong terrain entirely. Again, it is fine on the website.

I have had this issue since 2016. In my case, the site reports what the app records. My elevation gain is typically 2x what I actually climbed. I use two other map/trip tracking apps and they work fine. Are other people experiencing this too?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:21 Quote
Km309 wrote:
Hello Trailforks Team, I've noticed a significant discrepancy in the elevation plot using Trailforks vs other apps such as RideWithGPS. Trailsforks app always comes in significantly higher elevation profile than the 2 other apps I'm using.

Great app overall. Best off grid navigation app I've found for MTB.

I have the same problem. The higher elevation numbers make me look like a badass but they are unfortunately not accurate.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
b0bg wrote:
Shumaker wrote:
Kligman wrote:
I have seen other people post this issue. I just did a ride that between 2 Garmin devices and Gaia on an iPhone everyone got around 1,000 ft. for climb and descent. But Trailforks shows 2,154 ft of climb-- which is ridiculous! I have seen previous answers from Trailforks say different apps use different ways of correcting for errors, etc, but that wouldn't explain a DOUBLING of the actual vertical. Please, Trailforks, fix this! I love that you keep cumulative ride logs for the year on the site, but if the vertical is just made up, its not really all that useful...

100% agree! How many others are seeing this same thing? Are people just accepting these higher numbers?

This is a fairly common repeating comment about the way Trailforks records elevation changes. The consistent complaint throughout the thread is that the app significantly over-estimates elevation (which is true). The consistent reply is that all apps have a different behavior in this regard and tuning for multiple devices is hard (which is also true).

Obviously solving the problem isn't impossible (Strava managed to be more consistent with the dedicated GPS devices across "all the phones") but I'm sure it's a lot of work, for a small team, who seems more intent on providing features and other service improvements rather than devote a lot of time to fixing it. I tend to record my rides on a stand alone app (Locus Maps is my app of choice) and upload a ride via the website, and I find my mapping app does a better job with elevation. For my part I'd see more value in integrating the Trailforks app with Locus Map (or Orux, or Gaia, etc) for recording as they've done with Strava which would solve 2 problems and get them access to more of my track recordings.

B0bg, I agree that resources are limited but this is one of the major functions of the app: to record stats of your ride. It would be the same if the app recorded twice your speed and gave you the number one fastest time for a trail. It fails, majorly, at one of the main functions of its job. I would buy the pro version if it were not for this big drawback.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
canadaka wrote:

That's why we give 5 free Pro Subscriptions to the local trail association board, or any Trailforks user who has contributed enough content to the platform to earn 1000 points, 500 of which from adding/editing trails. This covers most the people that have contributed and continue to help manage the platform.

It is nearly impossible for us to verify who is a legit trail builder... especially if they work outside the umbrella of the local trail association. We would like to, but it's just not practical or scalable to the world...

That´s cool. It wasn´t in the FAQ before but I think that´s a good move. Just applied for the PRO version and was upgraded immediately.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 15:43 Quote
hardtailssuck wrote:
canadaka wrote:

That´s cool. It wasn´t in the FAQ before but I think that´s a good move. Just applied for the PRO version and was upgraded immediately.

Same, got Pro this way. Makes me wonder how long this will last though, and whether, if it lapses at some point in the future (due to change at TF or the user being less active) whether users will have lost that one time chance to lock in a discount.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 19:50 Quote
canadaka wrote:
You can place the free region ANYWHERE you like. the UI just lets you move the map around anywhere showing the green box outline.

So we were playing with the free version and clicked on a region in West Ontario. It asked us to unlock the map to view the city sized area for free to investigate the potential trails. So we did that.

Now if we try to switch back to the Toronto area the app won't allow it and keeps requesting that we have to get trailforks pro!!!

Whaaaaattttttt?? So how does the user get back to their home area?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 20:03 Quote
I was trying to view an area outside of the Toronto area and the green box is now centered away from the city & I can't get the app to return the zone to Toronto where I mostly ride.

How do I fix this??

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006537
Mobile Version of Website