Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 15:54 Quote
I bought a cheap android to use solely as a Trailforks navigator when not at my local trail system. There is no sim card or wifi. Just using the GPS. I tried it last week in my car when leaving work and it tracked my drive home perfectly.

I took it out to the trails today and kept getting this message: "Cannot find current location. Your GPS is on but Trailforks still thinks it is off. Please close and restart the app. Error Code: 499"

Location is on, Trailforks has permission to access location info. I tried everything I could think off, including many reboots. I know others have had this issue, but I can't find a fix. Any new info on this error. I don't get why it worked last week and now I cannot get a GPS signal at all.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
lpass wrote:
I bought a cheap android to use solely as a Trailforks navigator when not at my local trail system. There is no sim card or wifi. Just using the GPS. I tried it last week in my car when leaving work and it tracked my drive home perfectly.

I took it out to the trails today and kept getting this message: "Cannot find current location. Your GPS is on but Trailforks still thinks it is off. Please close and restart the app. Error Code: 499"

Location is on, Trailforks has permission to access location info. I tried everything I could think off, including many reboots. I know others have had this issue, but I can't find a fix. Any new info on this error. I don't get why it worked last week and now I cannot get a GPS signal at all.

Can you check that Google Play Services has location permission?

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
Hi,

I can no longer record my rides or change the location status button. The buttons (icons) don’t work when pressed.
iOS 14 and the latest Trailforks Pro.
I tried deleting/uninstalling with no change.
Everything else in the app seems to function. I can scroll around the map.

Thanks for any help

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 19:56 Quote
I'd love the ability to see the voted difficulty versus the uploaded difficulty of a trail in the app. The ability to vote on the trail difficulty in the app would also be helpful and would probably encourage usage of the feature.

Posted: Sep 24, 2020 at 0:14 Quote
I suggestion to improve the work for admins is that you should be able to edit trails in the app. ex. change difficulty, trail surface, description, adding POI:s, direction. That would be nice!

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 17:06 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
canadaka wrote:
You can place the free region ANYWHERE you like. the UI just lets you move the map around anywhere showing the green box outline.

So we were playing with the free version and clicked on a region in West Ontario. It asked us to unlock the map to view the city sized area for free to investigate the potential trails. So we did that.

Now if we try to switch back to the Toronto area the app won't allow it and keeps requesting that we have to get trailforks pro!!!

Whaaaaattttttt?? So how does the user get back to their home area?

You can only move your free region once. If users were allowed to move it as many times as they want, one could easily get around never needing to pay for Pro to unlock the map fully...

PM me the username of the user who did this, I can reset their unlock attempts on the server.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 17:06 Quote
redheadfreak wrote:
Hi,

I can no longer record my rides or change the location status button. The buttons (icons) don’t work when pressed.
iOS 14 and the latest Trailforks Pro.
I tried deleting/uninstalling with no change.
Everything else in the app seems to function. I can scroll around the map.

Thanks for any help

There is a bug on some iPhone's with iOS 14 with the new iOS14 zoom feature. We are looking into it and have a fix.

Posted: Oct 4, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
Routes are a nice feature on TF to plan out a doable ride for time available and rider skills/fitness.

I can create routes on Garmin Connect, sync them to my Fenix 5 and strap the watch to my bars for a tiny map and reasonably effective turn by turn directions.

However, we all know Garmin doesn't have the same rich set of MTB trails that are here on TF.

It would be nicer to plan a route here on TF and send it to my watch. I saw that TF has a 'Sync to Garmin' feature, but it only works with Edge devices.

It'd be great if you could add some Fenix watches to the Compatible Garmin list for the TF Sync to Garmin features.

Posted: Oct 5, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
NVm. They ended up upgrading to pro.

canadaka wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
canadaka wrote:
You can place the free region ANYWHERE you like. the UI just lets you move the map around anywhere showing the green box outline.

So we were playing with the free version and clicked on a region in West Ontario. It asked us to unlock the map to view the city sized area for free to investigate the potential trails. So we did that.

Now if we try to switch back to the Toronto area the app won't allow it and keeps requesting that we have to get trailforks pro!!!

Whaaaaattttttt?? So how does the user get back to their home area?

You can only move your free region once. If users were allowed to move it as many times as they want, one could easily get around never needing to pay for Pro to unlock the map fully...

PM me the username of the user who did this, I can reset their unlock attempts on the server.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
Today I learned from support that once you have moved the free area you can no longer move it and it becomes permanently locked.

The app's user interface should warn users that this is the case!

I do 99% of my riding close to home. But today I was riding outside my home area today. The app prompted me to change my home area. I did it thinking I could change it back later. There was no warning saying I couldn't.

Now I am super disappointed because I can't use the trailforks app for riding around home.

Please provide either a) a way to reset the home area or b) a warning to the user saying you can't change it.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 18:50 Quote
Agreed!

lobsta wrote:
Today I learned from support that once you have moved the free area you can no longer move it and it becomes permanently locked.

I do 99% of my riding close to home. But today I was riding outside my home area today. The app prompted me to change my home area. I did it thinking I could change it back later. There was no warning saying I couldn't.

Now I am super disappointed because I can't use the trailforks app for riding around home.

Please provide either a) a way to reset the home area or b) a warning to the user saying you can't change it.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
lobsta wrote:

There is a text popup confirmation on the newest versions of the app warning that you cannot change your free area more than once.

I should be able to remotely reset your unlocks, so you can set it again. I'll do so now. But you need to be logged into the app, or I need your phones device UUID. Best to contact support from within the app, this info will be included.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006434
Mobile Version of Website