Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 5:16 Quote
canadaka wrote:
a-d-e wrote:
another plea for opencyclemap implementation. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE xx. its driving me nuts not being able to see any footpaths/bridleways/cycle lanes/national cycleways. what is the reason for limiting the available map options? could you explain why? if its not going to happen ever might just as well scrap my subscription and go back to using the desktop version on mobile. on desktop there are 3 satellite maps but zero bike-specific maps. we dont have squamish style trail network in uk so need better navigation tools. also where there are just only 2 or 3 trails only in a zone which are not close to any car parking etc.

There is an OpenStreetMap, "Streets" is based on OSM data and has a similar style to the main OSM style. It looks different because its a vector basemap not raster. But has all the same paths data.

completely different information displayed. also tracks disappear when zooming in/out on the trailforks also the elevation data is excellent on ocm where there is NONE on the trailforks map. peaks and hilltops also on opencyclemap. And heres me thinking trailforks is run by outdoor/adventure enthusiasts..ROAD map is just useless- in UK we have sustrans routes visible on opencyclemap. maybe you just dont understand anything outside of sea to sky corridor where basically trailforks trails will get you around the mountain regardless of the map and regardless of any proficiency in map/navigation. - there are highly dense trail networks in squamish/whistler and i had an easy time getting around using trailforks without gps even (phone broke so no gps) . completely different in the uk where we have highly dense walking path networks but very few trails.
still cant understand why opencyclemap is not implemented.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 8:56 Quote
I went for a ride yesterday to take part in the Winter Trail Challenge.

I recorded the ride with both my Lezyne GPS (synced to Strave which in turn syncs to Trailforks) and the Trailforks app on my iPhone. The reason for recording on 2 devices is that I save the ride of whichever device ends up giving me the most accurate trail match.

At the end of yesterday's ride I paused the Trailforks app and then saved the Lezyne ride which pushed it to Strava then Strave pushed it to TF. I saw the result on the Winter Challenge Leaderboard. I then realized I didn't get the bonus points for using the TF, so I then went to my ridelog on the TF website and deleted the Lezyne ride. I then saved the ride on the TF app, however, it has not appeared in my ridelog, or updated my entry on the Winter Challenge Leaderboard.

I opened the app, went to "Recording History" and the ride is there with a green tick. I then clicked on the green tick which then asked if I wanted to "upload this gps recording to TF", which I clicked "yes", but it hasn't updated.

I wonder if the issue has to do with the Lezyne ride is 'stuck' in the leaderboard, even though it's been deleted from the ridelog?

Hopefully that TF app recorded ride can be uploaded Smile

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 15:34 Quote
andrelaurentmtb wrote:
Another fail. We've ridden every trail at Puslinch conservation. Over 4 visits.

Latest ridelog:

from Nov 21, 2020
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/19569712/

We need 1 trail "Doubletrack A" that had been hit fully at least twice, fully to attain the Completionist badge.

Again, there were 3 riders, all on the same course and nobody got that 1 trail. Looking at the trail the path is terrible.

You guys need to address this kind of inaccuracy. Very frustrating...

Being being paying customers now requires that we receive a certain level of support, accuracy and reliability..

Please address this in a timely manner...

Appreciated.

Thanx

You did not ride Doubletrack A start to finish. You need to ride a trail start to finish AS MAPPED on Trailforks in a continuous line. You rode parts, then went off onto other trails, then back onto different parts, then off again. You eventually rode all of Doubletrack, but never start to finish in one go.

a-d-e wrote:
canadaka wrote:
a-d-e wrote:
another plea for opencyclemap implementation. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE xx. its driving me nuts not being able to see any footpaths/bridleways/cycle lanes/national cycleways. what is the reason for limiting the available map options? could you explain why? if its not going to happen ever might just as well scrap my subscription and go back to using the desktop version on mobile. on desktop there are 3 satellite maps but zero bike-specific maps. we dont have squamish style trail network in uk so need better navigation tools. also where there are just only 2 or 3 trails only in a zone which are not close to any car parking etc.

There is an OpenStreetMap, "Streets" is based on OSM data and has a similar style to the main OSM style. It looks different because its a vector basemap not raster. But has all the same paths data.

completely different information displayed. also tracks disappear when zooming in/out on the trailforks also the elevation data is excellent on ocm where there is NONE on the trailforks map. peaks and hilltops also on opencyclemap. And heres me thinking trailforks is run by outdoor/adventure enthusiasts..ROAD map is just useless- in UK we have sustrans routes visible on opencyclemap. maybe you just dont understand anything outside of sea to sky corridor where basically trailforks trails will get you around the mountain regardless of the map and regardless of any proficiency in map/navigation. - there are highly dense trail networks in squamish/whistler and i had an easy time getting around using trailforks without gps even (phone broke so no gps) . completely different in the uk where we have highly dense walking path networks but very few trails.
still cant understand why opencyclemap is not implemented.

We will making some changes to the "Road" basemap to show more.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 21:01 Quote
Edit: Now that it's fat bike season, gives me an excuse to go ride the whole damned place again!!!

So to be clear, the trail has to be ridden start to finish, no breaks otherwise it doesn't count? Really?

Sorry, but that's just not right. If we can't deviate to ride a side trail that starts & ends at the same point, then continue on the main trail, that's got to be changed.

Also as long we ride the entire trail in the same session whether it be done in pieces or a whole single run, why does it matter???

This time we definitely did ride the top 200m section on the way out, the rest was ridden in an earlier loop..

Also when I edit the ridelog, attempt to manually add the trail why doesn't "Doubletrack A" show up in the list of trails???? Typing "Doubletrack" or "Doubletrack A" shows not trail at Puslinch/Twin Ponds with that name.

thanx...

canadaka wrote:
andrelaurentmtb wrote:

Latest ridelog:

from Nov 21, 2020

We need 1 trail "Doubletrack A" that had been hit fully at least twice, fully to attain the Completionist badge.

Again, there were 3 riders, all on the same course and nobody got that 1 trail. Looking at the trail the path is terrible.

Being being paying customers now requires that we receive a certain level of support, accuracy and reliability..

Appreciated.

Thanx

You did not ride Doubletrack A start to finish. You need to ride a trail start to finish AS MAPPED on Trailforks in a continuous line. You rode parts, then went off onto other trails, then back onto different parts, then off again. You eventually rode all of Doubletrack, but never start to finish in one go.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
Posted trail gps track is user based. That means a user can edit the track themselves and correct any inaccuracies. The local admin can then approve any changes.

In conclusion, see a problem, fix the problem. Trailforks developers are not responsible for keeping the database up to date, that is impossible.

andrelaurentmtb wrote:

Latest ridelog:

from Nov 21, 2020

Appreciated.

Thanx

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
You must ride an entire trail start to finish to get a full trail match. This is no different to how Strava or Garmin segments work. For timing of how long it took to ride a trail this is crucial.

Badges are just for fun, a game. Games have rules, that is the rule. Completionist badges are not meant to be easy.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 20:37 Quote

On the laptop, this trail shows up as it should, but on my phone, the old and very incorrect GPS trace still shows up.

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
Delete the region and re-download.

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
Roger That!

canadaka wrote:
You must ride an entire trail start to finish to get a full trail match. This is no different to how Strava or Garmin segments work. For timing of how long it took to ride a trail this is crucial.

Badges are just for fun, a game. Games have rules, that is the rule. Completionist badges are not meant to be easy.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006795
Mobile Version of Website