Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 17, 2020 at 21:24 Quote
I use the Android mobile app to record both rides and hikes. on the main Map screen, there exists a drop-down selector in the title bar which allows you to choose the Activity. I choose "Mountain Bike". I start the recording and do my ride. When finished, I stop, then save the recording. On the save screen, there is a selector for "type" which is not in agreement with the original selector where I chose "Mountain Bike" as my activity type. So, while I think I am recording a mountain bike ride (from the indicator on my initial map when I started my recording), it in fact saves it as a "hike" because the first setting has no impact on the 2nd. Why are there two specifications for activity type? why are they not in agreement?

The result of this is all of my logs that I thought were MTB actually being saved as hikes instead of rides.

Is this a bug? Sorry, I could not find it in the forums.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
On the save ridelog dialog you can change the activity type before you save. The activitytype selected on the save dialog is the LAST activity you saved.

Posted: Dec 20, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
... but... my question is that there are TWO places to set the Activity Type - and the former seems to have no use. Is it an app bug, or am I missing something?

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 21, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
1. Sets the map to the activity type you wish to view the map/trails as
2. When SAVING a ridelog on the save form, there is an independent activitytype selection for your ride you are saving. This defaults to the activitytype you last SAVED a ridelog as. If you have NEVER saved a ridelog, then it defaults to the current map activitytype in #1.

Posted: Dec 21, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
Thanks for the explanation, @canadaka. very confusing interface, but at least i understand it now.

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 20:05 Quote
Hi there ... signed up for pro as an early adopter but now my account shows my pro account as inactive. Tried the restore pro subscription in the app but that didn't work.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
NECP & Don Valley Toronto:

For those who create & submit new unpaved trails in the Greater Toronto area will find them REJECTED by NECP, hidden or outright removed in the Trailforks system. This is typically because the NECP user has gotten involved.

The following content is taken from the City of Toronto website & explains what NECP is.

They claim to work with stakeholders but who exactly that is in the Toronto area that represents the MTB community is a mystery. The TORBA website is defunct & there is no recent activity(Sep 15, 2012), the Facebook page is also out of date last post, November 28, 2014.

Anyone have relevant input to contribute?? TIA.

The Toronto Trails Program/Initiative is an innovative program designed to address issues related to unpaved trails and trail use in Toronto parks.

The program responds to the interests of all trail users to ensure the long-term sustainability of Toronto's extensive trail systems as well as protecting the natural environment.

Potential activities connected to this program might include interpretative tours of the areas under pressure, trail building (with discussions about sustainable use), tree planting and stewardship activities such as site line clearing, mulching of trees and invasive species removal.

The City of Toronto Natural Environment and Community Programs (NECP) is coordinating the trails initiative, working in partnership with International Mountain Biking Association (lMBA), Transportaion Planning, Toronto Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) and Community Stakeholders.

There are lots of ways to get involved. There are regular trail maintenance sessions, instructional workshops, trail activities and social events.

For more information please visit the section on the City of Toronto website.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 at 22:28 Quote
Please keep the posts relevant to the forum topic. Join or create a forum post relevant to your riding area for local discussions and perhaps become part of the team that moves trail access forward in your area.

andrelaurentmtb wrote:

For those who create & submit new unpaved trails in the Greater Toronto area will find them REJECTED by NECP, hidden or outright removed in the Trailforks system. This is typically because the NECP user has gotten involved.

The following content is taken from the City of Toronto website & explains what NECP is.

They claim to work with stakeholders but who exactly that is in the Toronto area that represents the MTB community is a mystery. The TORBA website is defunct & there is no recent activity(Sep 15, 2012), the Facebook page is also out of date last post, November 28, 2014.

The Toronto Trails Program/Initiative is an innovative program designed to address issues related to unpaved trails and trail use in Toronto parks.

The program responds to the interests of all trail users to ensure the long-term sustainability of Toronto's extensive trail systems as well as protecting the natural environment.

Potential activities connected to this program might include interpretative tours of the areas under pressure, trail building (with discussions about sustainable use), tree planting and stewardship activities such as site line clearing, mulching of trees and invasive species removal.

The City of Toronto Natural Environment and Community Programs (NECP) is coordinating the trails initiative, working in partnership with International Mountain Biking Association (lMBA), Transportaion Planning, Toronto Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) and Community Stakeholders.

There are lots of ways to get involved. There are regular trail maintenance sessions, instructional workshops, trail activities and social events.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Azarsaurus-Rex wrote:
Hi there ... signed up for pro as an early adopter but now my account shows my pro account as inactive. Tried the restore pro subscription in the app but that didn't work.

Please contact support@trailforks.com
I can see in your Stripe logs that your credit card payment failed.

I generated a new invoice and it will be emailed to you.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 19:42 Quote
Good idea, however TORBA is defunct & the local discussion is where, who what?? There is no team that is publicly involved.

So this is a general post hoping other like minded individuals will provide useful input or direction.

1partatatime wrote:
Please keep the posts relevant to the forum topic. Join or create a forum post relevant to your riding area for local discussions and perhaps become part of the team that moves trail access forward in your area.

andrelaurentmtb wrote:

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 12:28 Quote
Mountain height's are in metric even though I have confirmed that both the desktop and app settings are in imperial. Can't get them to change. I am on the Pro version. It has been like this for a while for me

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 11, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Pacman922 wrote:
Mountain height's are in metric even though I have confirmed that both the desktop and app settings are in imperial. Can't get them to change. I am on the Pro version. It has been like this for a while for me

Most apps/sites only have their maps in one system. We've been working on creating 2 separate topo maps and we just pushed the change to the website! So the main Trailforks topo/contour map is not in both metric and imperial. Update to the app coming soon.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005781
Mobile Version of Website