Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
I've been trying to add a POI on a trail and it gives me an error that the POI isn't near the trail. ERRORS ON THIS FORM . DETAIL IN EACH FIELD. Scrolling down...the detail that failed is: POI IS NOT NEAR THE SELECTED TRAIL!

Here's the trail I'm trying to update (School Loop near Big Bear, CA):
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/school-loop-328403/

I'm just trying to add the trail map information sign at a specific trail/connector junction. I'm definitely putting the pin on the trail in question. Maybe there's other trails named School Loop and it is confusing the form.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 18:24 Quote
wayneshort wrote:
I have noticed that POI's, specifically the Poulsbo Pump Track (skillpark) in Poulsbo, WA (city region) is not showing up on the app (iOS). There is a trail marked within that POI that does show up, but no icon for the PT, and it doesn't come back in a search. Shows up fine on the Website.

Have you tried manually syncing the region download? https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/73/

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 18:26 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I've been trying to add a POI on a trail and it gives me an error that the POI isn't near the trail. ERRORS ON THIS FORM . DETAIL IN EACH FIELD. Scrolling down...the detail that failed is: POI IS NOT NEAR THE SELECTED TRAIL!

I'm just trying to add the trail map information sign at a specific trail/connector junction. I'm definitely putting the pin on the trail in question. Maybe there's other trails named School Loop and it is confusing the form.

add the POI from the Trail page, to be sure the correct trail is pre-selected.

photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 6:47 Quote
canadaka wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

add the POI from the Trail page, to be sure the correct trail is pre-selected.

I was doing that, but I just tried again - no good - same error message.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
canadaka wrote:
wayneshort wrote:
I have noticed that POI's, specifically the Poulsbo Pump Track (skillpark) in Poulsbo, WA (city region) is not showing up on the app (iOS). There is a trail marked within that POI that does show up, but no icon for the PT, and it doesn't come back in a search. Shows up fine on the Website.

Have you tried manually syncing the region download? https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/73/

I performed sync, but POI was still not showing, so I deleted the app and reloaded it. Eureka ...I can now see the POI. Should the POI allow for submitting a trail work report? When I pull it up in the app it only shows the description and options to rate, mark ridden, or add to wishlist. I've been able to submit reports via the web interface but was hoping to be able to submit for the app in the field.

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
wayneshort wrote:
I've been able to submit reports via the web interface but was hoping to be able to submit for the app in the field.

When you view a trail on the TF app look at the bottom of the page and you should see "Reports" written below a triangle shape with an exclamation mark in it. If you tap on that symbol then that trail's Reports page will come up. In the upper right of the screen you'll see a plus sign. Tap that and you can add a report.
I hope that helps.

Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 6:03 Quote
Please add Cayman Islands- Little Cayman as a location. Trying to upload maps and this area is not an option. Thank you.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
wayneshort wrote:
canadaka wrote:
wayneshort wrote:

I performed sync, but POI was still not showing, so I deleted the app and reloaded it. Eureka ...I can now see the POI. Should the POI allow for submitting a trail work report? When I pull it up in the app it only shows the description and options to rate, mark ridden, or add to wishlist. I've been able to submit reports via the web interface but was hoping to be able to submit for the app in the field.

Click the POI on the map in the app, then click the yellow triangle button in the top-center of the map. then select "Write Report". This will pre-populate the report form with the selected POI.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
canadaka wrote:
wayneshort wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Click the POI on the map in the app, then click the yellow triangle button in the top-center of the map. then select "Write Report". This will pre-populate the report form with the selected POI.

The process worked for pulling up and completing the report form; however, when I hit submit it gave me a "null is not an object (evaluating 'report.poi.id'). I did notice that it did not specify the POI name, it just had POI at the top of the form.

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:

FYI - This is still an issue.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
I am seeing that in the app when I select a trail to quick view it the trail condition is not updated. For example in the pictures below the quick view shows the trail as closed but when I actually open the full trail page and navigate to reports there is a report that it is open

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
The app and it's improved interface are very good but i was wondering if you could add a filter trails by "ridden" as you can on the web

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
gmcc wrote:
The app and it's improved interface are very good but i was wondering if you could add a filter trails by "ridden" as you can on the web

I second this!

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
Am a beginner mtn biker and am using an older android device (KitKat 4.4) with an older version of the Trailforks app; version 1.34.4 to be exact, mounted to my handle bars. I'm not familiar with my local trails and mostly use it so I don't end up on black runs or get lost. I don't want to mount my expensive iPhone on the bars in case of a mishap.
The app works well, other than I'm not able to download the British Columbia region offline map. All other maps seem to sync/download with no issues. I think that at 35.8MB, the size of the file has something to do with it. It starts to download, but then just stops after about 30 seconds.
I know this version is likely no longer supported, but I just want to be able to use your app on an older device that, if destroyed, won't matter. Thanks for any help you may offer.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
Hi, I am also requesting OpenCycleMap base layer be added to Trailforks. I will upgrade to a paid subscription it's implemented

Note that this is NOT the same as OpenStreetMap! https://www.opencyclemap.org

a-d-e wrote:
canadaka wrote:
a-d-e wrote:
another plea for opencyclemap implementation. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE xx. its driving me nuts not being able to see any footpaths/bridleways/cycle lanes/national cycleways. what is the reason for limiting the available map options? could you explain why? if its not going to happen ever might just as well scrap my subscription and go back to using the desktop version on mobile. on desktop there are 3 satellite maps but zero bike-specific maps. we dont have squamish style trail network in uk so need better navigation tools. also where there are just only 2 or 3 trails only in a zone which are not close to any car parking etc.

There is an OpenStreetMap, "Streets" is based on OSM data and has a similar style to the main OSM style. It looks different because its a vector basemap not raster. But has all the same paths data.

completely different information displayed. also tracks disappear when zooming in/out on the trailforks also the elevation data is excellent on ocm where there is NONE on the trailforks map. peaks and hilltops also on opencyclemap. And heres me thinking trailforks is run by outdoor/adventure enthusiasts..ROAD map is just useless- in UK we have sustrans routes visible on opencyclemap. maybe you just dont understand anything outside of sea to sky corridor where basically trailforks trails will get you around the mountain regardless of the map and regardless of any proficiency in map/navigation. - there are highly dense trail networks in squamish/whistler and i had an easy time getting around using trailforks without gps even (phone broke so no gps) . completely different in the uk where we have highly dense walking path networks but very few trails.
still cant understand why opencyclemap is not implemented.

We will making some changes to the "Road" basemap to show more.[/Quote]

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018326
Mobile Version of Website